Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Jets GM engaged in questionable practices during free agency

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    If they didn't want him back, then why tell him that they were interested in resigning him?

I get why he had to be cut with his cap charge, but it was not a good move to let him sign somewhere else. Early reports are that his 1 year deal with the Cardinals is only for a little over $3 million. The Jets should have brought him back at that price. Now they badly need a corner with no solid free agent options to replace him with. We will see what Idzik comes up with (Maybe via a trade), but so far this was a bad move for him.
    That is PR. Trust me, Cro wanted back in the worst way. he signed for very little in AZ and would have taken just about anything to stay w/ the Jets. Idzik did not want him.

I wanted him but is the hip injury a chronic thing? they would know better than me. If healthy this was a BAD move by Idzik.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I should look to your lead instead of being the homer that I am as I always praise the Jets, I think they never do anything wrong
    Agreed.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    That is PR. Trust me, Cro wanted back in the worst way. he signed for very little in AZ and would have taken just about anything to stay w/ the Jets. Idzik did not want him.

I wanted him but is the hip injury a chronic thing? they would know better than me. If healthy this was a BAD move by Idzik.
    That's not a very good PR move when he signs somewhere else for around $3 million. I would agree that Idzik didn't want him back. If the reports of Cro's contract are true, it reveals as much. Cro wasn't great with the bad hip last year, but I still would have taken the chance with him at $3 million. He is still better than what is out there right now via free agency.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    That's not a very good PR move when he signs somewhere else for around $3 million. I would agree that Idzik didn't want him back. If the reports of Cro's contract are true, it reveals as much. Cro wasn't great with the bad hip last year, but I still would have taken the chance with him at $3 million. He is still better than what is out there right now via free agency.
    I am saying he is trying to make it look like he wanted him but he clearly didn't. if he did he would have been back just like if he wanted Rodgers-Cro he would have been here. he is being very conservative in FA despite the boatloads of cap room. He's not building for this year, he's building for long term. I hope it works.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I am saying he is trying to make it look like he wanted him but he clearly didn't. if he did he would have been back just like if he wanted Rodgers-Cro he would have been here. he is being very conservative in FA despite the boatloads of cap room. He's not building for this year, he's building for long term. I hope it works.
    I know. I agree with you about him not wanting him back. I was saying that Idzik trying to make it look like he wanted him back doesn't work so well when Cro signs a contract with the Cardinals for $3 million. That is a price the Jets could easily afford and one that I think is a bargain if he can return to form.

This will be Idzik's 2nd year of not building for this year. Last year wasn't too bad considering what they had to work with, but I think the Jets need to make a serious run at the playoffs or Rex might be on the hotseat again. We'll see how it goes this year. I hope it fails.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Multiple agents" being deceived, misled, strung along and having their clients' time and maybe options wasted? That's sure a way to make friends and influence desirable free agents..going forward. Say what you will about Ireland and some crack whore's son, and of course you are justified to say a lot, but getting the reputation among agents of hot prospects that "you best beware, he'll jerk you around so explore alternatives first if you can" surely trumps the Ireland "dialogue."

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote