Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 5 (defense)

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I like Kyle Fuller as the top CB. Might be the best tackling CB I've seen come out of college since Brandon Flowers came out of Virginia Tech.

Jason Verrett is the best pure man cover corner... slightly undersized.. scrappy... fast... from Texas... reminds of Aaron Glenn coming out of Texas A&M.
    I think both of these guys are being underrated for this given class. I could even see one or the other falling out of the 1st and thats going to be ridiculous value for someone
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    I think both of these guys are being underrated for this given class. I could even see one or the other falling out of the 1st and thats going to be ridiculous value for someone
    Absolutely. In all seriousness Kyle Fuller's game against Georgia Tech playing linebacker was perhaps the most ridiculous individual defensive efforts I watched all season.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    This is good work again. I've had Bucannon as my top safety for 6 months now. I look for reasons why he shouldn't be and still can't find 'em.

Dion Bailey looks like more of a nickel safety in the NFL. Safeties that get by in the NFL with 4.6 speed are few and far between. Safeties that become impact players or difference makers in the NFL with 4.6 speed are even more rare. Although Bailey could be in the mold of a Jairus Byrd and sneak a starter's role.

I like Kyle Fuller as the top CB. Might be the best tackling CB I've seen come out of college since Brandon Flowers came out of Virginia Tech.

Fuller has excellent cover skills, and tackles so well that he played the whip linebacker position against Georgia Tech's option attack. He was essentially the "force" player responsible for the pitch man and the quarterback. His job was really to maintain outside leverage and "force" the ball carrier back to the inside where all the help is on defense.... not allow him outside. Fuller went above and beyond this. His instincts and quickness was so good he was in the backfield making TFL's and causing fumbles.

Justin Gilbert has tremendous upside, didn't get burned nearly as much this year as last year. Was probably the most dangerous kick returner in the country the past 2 years outside of Tyler Lockett.

Jason Verrett is the best pure man cover corner... slightly undersized.. scrappy... fast... from Texas... reminds of Aaron Glenn coming out of Texas A&M.
    Bailey looks lost in deep coverage. As a pure, in-the-box SS, he's not as big or physical as you'd like, but you can see his LB roots, and he plays the ball pretty well. But when he's deep, his angles are rough, and combining that with his speed, I wouldn't go try that.

Aside from Gilbert's upside, I have have these 5 CB's very close and all as 1st RD players. I have Fuller as my most versatile CB followed by Roby. But if I'm a team on draft day, my CB preference would probably just come down to usage.
    Quote Quote