Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1. Rt 2.rg 3.rb 4.mlb 5.te

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

1. Rt 2.rg 3.rb 4.mlb 5.te

i say we go OL in first, RT. If Martin is gone, id trade down, gain a draft pick, and then draft a RT. RB in the second, a starting power back that can pass block and catch with miller as a complement, along with Thomas or gillsee. This is a must. in the third, OG. Brenner, smith, Garner, dallas Thomas, and the rookie battle it out for the two OGs spots, as there aren't any good FA Gs to waste money on. in the forth, get a run stopping LB, unless we trade down and draft a better run stopping MLB with the pick we get for the tradedown. In the 5th, TE, unless we sign a seam FA TE, which would be smarter, although it seems they want to save money. if we get a FA TE, we could go OG,LB, OR CB in the 5th. In the 6th, get another OG or CB. I hope martin is there, and I would 100%trade down if hes not there. we could fill another key hole if we trade down, gaining much needed flexibility. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
    ALSO GOOD READS!
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...b-for-the-jags
    1st round mock draft
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...-clowney-ford/
    4 round mock draft^^^^^^
    Last edited by jimlerario; 03-20-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if martin is gone, trade down to draft Cyrus Kouandjio. we need a RT in the first, as much as i'd like a top MLB, RT is a massive hole that can only be fixed in the first. one mock draft has us drafting the top guard, Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA, not including Martin, who I see as our RT if we drafted him. I wouldn't even trade down for Sua-Filo, hes a reach at 19, and we still wont have a RT, so we'd have to take a risk on a 2nd tier RT in the 2nd, which would force us to lose out on a 2nd round top tier RB.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    We can wait on a RG in the 3rd or 4th. Brandon Thomas, Trai Turner, Dakota Dozier and Anthony Steen would be targets in those rounds. Thomas can play OT in a pinch too.

Cyrus Kouandjjio shouldn't be anywhere on our draft board. Su'a-Filo will probably go late 1st - early 2nd. If he's our pick it will have to be at 19 but then we're looking at Billy Turner, Joel Bitonio, James Hurst and Michael Schofield as possible RTs and I don't think any of them are plug and play...maybe Hurst who has the most experience and has played high level competition but he's coming off of major injury.

We better hope Zach Martin falls to us at 19.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    We can wait on a RG in the 3rd or 4th. Brandon Thomas, Trai Turner, Dakota Dozier and Anthony Steen would be targets in those rounds. Thomas can play OT in a pinch too.

Cyrus Kouandjjio shouldn't be anywhere on our draft board. Su'a-Filo will probably go late 1st - early 2nd. If he's our pick it will have to be at 19 but then we're looking at Billy Turner, Joel Bitonio, James Hurst and Michael Schofield as possible RTs and I don't think any of them are plug and play...maybe Hurst who has the most experience and has played high level competition but he's coming off of major injury.

Great list of mid round guards there. Turner is my favorite of the bunch and I think he goes 3rd/4th round. Im a big fan of Billy Turner. I think he IS a plug and play guy at RT..although Id bring in a vet on the cheap such as McKinnie just as insurance. You will have to take Turner with pick 50 though...or move up in the 3rd because I think he would go before our 3rd pick.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's what we should do:

1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame, OR David Yankey, Stanford (Not sexy picks, but the O-line is our biggest need).
    2. RB: Tre Mason, Auburn, OR Bishop Sankey, Washington
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. WR: Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    No thanks.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post

Kouandjio's knee is apparently better than first reported. I'd certainly look at him, although my preference is Zack Martin.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Z mart is an absolute beast. Very versatile. I'd select him over Lewan any day.
    Prov 3:6
    : in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintastic2124 View Post
    Z mart is an absolute beast. Very versatile. I'd select him over Lewan any day.
    They're both very good. I was lukewarm on Martin until I took a closer look, I think that he's the real deal.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How much better would you rate Zack Martin over Xavier Su'a-Filo? Big raps on XSF. Could we take the risk of trading down to get an additional pick and take XSF a bit later?
    Good idea in theory but we could end up with neither and potentially waste 3rd picks like last year re Dallas Thomas and Will Davis.
    Quote Quote