Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick to the Jets

1. -31
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Potential landing spots for Sanchez:

Rams: As a backup
    Bills: Not clear as a backup or starter
    Packers: As a backup
    Browns: Wanted to push any rookie they draft

The ten seconds of the video sums it all up.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ok_atl_sessler
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Sanchez wouldn't start for the Bills.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    The Anti-Fistpumper

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    buttfumble wouldn't start for the Bills.
    LOL. I like Junc and at the risk of drawing his wrath I kind of suspect the same thing. I really do believe the potential was there for Sanchez to be a good qb at one time, but the psychological effect of being tragically bad towards the end of his tenure with the Jets probably will linger throughout the rest of his career. I think at this point the guy is damaged goods and I don't see him walking into many NFL locker rooms (outside of maybe Jacksonville or Cleveland) and just taking the starting job away from the incumbent.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Oh please. If the Dolphins would do something similar you Jetsfans would have definitely made more of it than calling it a solid move.

I wouldn't want Vick on my team even if he was a HOFer.

The Vick brothers are just bad people period.
    Just a reminder about Marcus Vick

I was horrified when we signed Marcus Vick. Thankfully he really didn't see much of any playtime and was gone rather quickly. One of Saban's great legacies with the Phins.
    The guy played well under MM when he took over in 2010 until he got hurt in 2011. Hasn't done a whole lot since but injuries can be attributed to a lot of that. The fact of the matter is, as a player, he was no worse then any other QB option who was available. Only other guy was really Schaub. I'd probably rather have Schaub but he looked really bad last year, and is a guy who relies more on his accuracy then actual arm strength which could hurt him in the northeast.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    The guy played well under MM when he took over in 2010 until he got hurt in 2011. Hasn't done a whole lot since but injuries can be attributed to a lot of that. The fact of the matter is, as a player, he was no worse then any other QB option who was available. Only other guy was really Schaub. I'd probably rather have Schaub but he looked really bad last year, and is a guy who relies more on his accuracy then actual arm strength which could hurt him in the northeast.
    he was probably the best free agent option of a weak lot. probably nothing special but an upgrade on the roster at qb for a .500team last year. Funny how some posters want to act like he is a horrible qb while many of the same people act like moore is a good qb.
    The object of free agency is to get better. We got better at LT by signing Albert. They have a developing qb and Vick is the vet. Im not sure who people expected the Jets to be able to trot out at Qb. For what was available the Jets did solid on this move.
    Not a fan of pff but they said it best.

Vick seemed like a natural fit for the Eagles’ new offense when Chip Kelly was hired last offseason. After a solid showing in the preseason he clearly beat out Nick Foles as the starter. A hamstring injury early in the season kept Vick on the sidelines while Foles performed well enough to retain the starting job for the remainder of the season.

Although Vick isn’t the most accurate quarterback, he has improved as a pocket passer over the years. Athleticism is his biggest asset, allowing him to extend plays into huge gains—something that many other passers are incapable of producing. It comes with a price though, as we have seen year in and year out that his style of play poses a greater injury risk.

Vick is the most talented quarterback of the bunch. That said, as a 34-year-old, injury-prone, mobile quarterback, his time as a starter is ticking. He could be a very good option for one or two seasons for a team that wants to develop a younger player or has no viable starting option currently on the roster.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever;1065041652[B
    ]You think so? He didn't just kill dogs (which would be bad enough) he tortured them. People who get off on torture (people or animals) can not be change by just a couple years in jail[/B]. Vick played the game and acts like he is a better person because he realized that without the NFL he is nothing. Someone who enjoys torture will always enjoy torture. It is just a matter of time until he 'relapses'.

Another reason to despise the Jets.
    10000X This.

The man hung and electrocuted dogs, he is a ****ing sociopath.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    10000X This.

The man hung and electrocuted dogs, he is a ****ing sociopath.
    as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really nave.
    These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I preferred Mark to stay but w/ him gone I'm ok w/ Vick as a vet that can push geno and help him develop.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I preferred Mark to stay but w/ him gone I'm ok w/ Vick as a vet that can push geno and help him develop.
    How are you holding up? Sorry for your loss, we are here for you if you need anything.

Quote Quote