Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick to the Jets

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I preferred Mark to stay but w/ him gone I'm ok w/ Vick as a vet that can push geno and help him develop.
    It was your only move. In 2011 it seemed like Mark had become a good qb. His team was 8-5 he had 20 tds 11 int with three weeks left in season on his way to the playoffs.
    He then seemed to lose all confidence the rest of the waythrowing 7 interceptions in the final three games. In 2012 he reverted to rookie form and was easily one of the worst qb's in the nfl.
    You cant just keep hoping he turns it around, they paid a lot of money for such a bad performance. Vick is the better choice now. No team is rushing to sign Mark Sanchez.
    Someone will sign and who knows maybe he develops but it will be a long shot.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really nave.
    These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.
    He went well beyond simply training them to fight, which is bad enough (and being raised in it doesn't suddenly make it correct or on par with eating them). He tortured them. You are correct, that is not a sociopath. That's a psychopath.

And condoning it is exactly what you are doing by making all those excuses.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Potential landing spots for Sanchez:

Rams: As a backup
    Bills: Not clear as a backup or starter
    Packers: As a backup
    Browns: Wanted to push any rookie they draft

The ten seconds of the video sums it all up.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ok_atl_sessler
    I would love for him to go to GB, sit back learn from one of the best and they hit the FA market next year.

I expect he will end up in SL and will take over at some point for a struggling Bradford.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

It was your only move. In 2011 it seemed like Mark had become a good qb. His team was 8-5 he had 20 tds 11 int with three weeks left in season on his way to the playoffs.
    He then seemed to lose all confidence the rest of the waythrowing 7 interceptions in the final three games. In 2012 he reverted to rookie form and was easily one of the worst qb's in the nfl.
    You cant just keep hoping he turns it around, they paid a lot of money for such a bad performance. Vick is the better choice now. No team is rushing to sign Mark buttfumble.
    Someone will sign and who knows maybe he develops but it will be a long shot.
    if the Jets didn't wait so long to release him he would have been signed in a hurry. He would have gone to Oak, Hou or one of those places. Mark would have been the best QB on the market had he been available at the start of FA(to be fair it was a weak market).
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=nyjunc;1065042396if the Jets didn't wait so long to release him he would have been signed in a hurry. He would have gone to Oak, Hou or one of those places. Mark would have been the best QB on the market had he been available at the start of FA(to be fair it was a weak market).[/QUOTE]

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    He went well beyond simply training them to fight, which is bad enough (and being raised in it doesn't suddenly make it correct or on par with eating them). He tortured them. You are correct, that is not a sociopath. That's a psychopath.

And condoning it is exactly what you are doing by making all those excuses.
    Im far from condoning it. In fact I have put people in jail for it and don't take it lightly. What he did is pretty common with people that fight dogs, these are not pets. Im explaining the mentality behind it. Being where Im from I know of people that have done these things. I know a guy that actually sold a fighting dog to Joey Porter, said this long ago when Porter was a Dolphin but of course since he was phin people defended him to no end.Dog fighting is beyond barbaric in my mind but that's because of my affinity for animals and dogs. He didn't go anymore beyond what a great majority of dog fighters do, people just are shocked by this disgusting culture and want to somehow relate it to treatment of a human. Also I doubt he is a pscyho path since that would mean he would be prone to do it again and again no matter what. A psychopath just cant turn it off because he might get in trouble. This culture doesn't look or treat dogs as anything but gladiators and if they are not winners then they are basically dead meat.
    I guess what Im trying to say is this is the behavior of people that fight dogs esp at the level he was doing it. These can be highly secretive networks of people that fight dogs and what he did is common among people that fight dogs at this level. Its estimated that about 40,000 people in the United States are professional dog fighters of this level.
    Last edited by dlockz; 03-24-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I would love for him to go to GB, sit back learn from one of the best and they hit the FA market next year.

I expect he will end up in SL and will take over at some point for a struggling Bradford.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

if the Jets didn't wait so long to release him he would have been signed in a hurry. He would have gone to Oak, Hou or one of those places. Mark would have been the best QB on the market had he been available at the start of FA(to be fair it was a weak market).
    Oakland had every chance to trade for him over Scwaub but didn't . Of course some team will sign him but no team outside of the worst ran team in the NFl would have looked at him as a starter and even they passed.
    for scwaub who will cost quite a bit.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oakland had every chance to trade for him over Scwaub but didn't . Of course some team will sign him but no team outside of the worst ran team in the NFl would have looked at him as a starter and even they passed.
    for scwaub who will cost quite a bit.
    the rumblings were Oak wanted him or Schaub, they worked out a deal for Schaub.

Schaub reworked his deal by the way.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Im far from condoning it. In fact I have put people in jail for it and don't take it lightly. What he did is pretty common with people that fight dogs, these are not pets. Im explaining the mentality behind it. Being where Im from I know of people that have done these things. I know a guy that actually sold a fighting dog to Joey Porter, said this long ago when Porter was a Dolphin but of course since he was phin people defended him to no end.Dog fighting is beyond barbaric in my mind but that's because of my affinity for animals and dogs. He didn't go anymore beyond what a great majority of dog fighters do, people just are shocked by this disgusting culture and want to somehow relate it to treatment of a human. Also I doubt he is a pscyho path since that would mean he would be prone to do it again and again no matter what. A psychopath just cant turn it off because he might get in trouble. This culture doesn't look or treat dogs as anything but gladiators and if they are not winners then they are basically dead meat.
    Torturing animals, beyond the already incredibly inhumane dogfighting, is common amongst them? Great, we know where a bunch of psychopaths hang out together.

And yes, he is prone to doing it again. You don't just turn something like that off and I certainly don't believe he has. I have no doubt he still gets off on that ****, regardless of whether he is still able to.

As for Joey Porter, we know you didn't defend him, until he went to a different team of course.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Torturing animals, beyond the already incredibly inhumane dogfighting, is common amongst them? Great, we know where a bunch of psychopaths hang out together.

And yes, he is prone to doing it again. You don't just turn something like that off and I certainly don't believe he has. I have no doubt he still gets off on that ****, regardless of whether he is still able to.

As for Joey Porter, we know you didn't defend him, until he went to a different team of course.
    That last statement is beyond asinine hopefully u were actually being funny if so I apologize.
    As a person I thought Porter was a piece of crap much like Vick before, during and after being a Phin.

At least Vick got jailtime while other dogfighters like Porter never got caught and never did a day in jail for doing Im pretty damn sure similar activies.
    I don't think dogfighters are psychopaths but I do think they have a messed up view of animals mainly dogs.
    I wish more dogfighters will do jailtime but the majority will never see a day of jail. Vick was just like any other professional dogfighter.
    A psychopath just couldn't stop torturing animals for 5 years, there is no sense of wrong even if you might get caught.
    Most dogfighters to the best of my knowledge don't get off on the prospect of having to destroy the animals they have invested in but in their mind they are trying to achieve the best out of the animal or destroying their useless animal that can make them no money
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really nave.
    These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.
    Yes you do in that post. And I could literally throw up at your excuses for Vick's behavior. We claim to be a well developed society yet we accept barbaric behavior like that and find every excuse in the book? Based on your philosophy we should accept the rape of women and children as well because some cultures do that.

As an NFL player you have twice the responsibility of being an idol than the normal average citizen in this country. I find it absolutely absurd and disgusting for the excuses being made just because a player is an NFL player. Our moral obligations as a society is not to hail people like the Vicks but to punish them and then put them into programs where they never have access to those beings they hurt and tortured. We do that with child molesters and rapist as well.

I guess for some people morality goes out of the window when it comes to football.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Quote