Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RT Eric Winston is available...? Interest ?

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take him over McKinney at right tackle. I could care less what he said about vagina gate. If Benton thinks he can do the job and we sign him, that is good enough for me.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He has nothing left in the tank. He actually graded out worse than Jonathan Martin, and far worse than Clabo last year. Pass. Id rather re-sign Clabo or sign Jason Fox from Detroit.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 123phins View Post
    did he not come out a few weeks ago and rip the dolphins leadership and locker room? I wonder how that would go over with the current players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...oom-an-outlier
    Well I re-read the article and re-listened to the NFL Network interview ... and I can't really see the locker room having a problem with what he said.

Thanks for the link btw.

All he said is that the Dolphins locker room situation was an outlier. Nobody on our team is going to disagree with that. Pouncey and a few of the veterans may feel mischaracterized by the whole thing, but bullying isn't something anyone in our locker room was proud of happening. Just because the men in a physically demanding and dominating sport were over the top doesn't mean that it reflects on the people who were not over the top. Martin threw the team under the bus, no doubt, but that doesn't excuse what Jerry, Incognito and Pouncey did. It's not uncommon for NFL players to challenge one another physically or psychologically. This is a game of domination, especially in the trenches.

When asked a direct question about the Dolphins locker room I can't imagine Winston replying that he approved of that conduct, would you have? Winston was non-specific, explained that most locker rooms are supportive and fun, and moved on from the topic entirely. I don't see him getting any backlash for those comments.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Winstons time has come and gone.Leave that alone.I think it would be a waste of money.
    By failing to prepare.You are preparing to fail.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 11Dolphins Homer
    Better off to just go into the draft and get 2-3 guys for the line. After that there should still be some decent vets that you can get to fill in. Mckinnie and Clabo most likely will both still be available and already know the system and around the same skill level than winston if not better.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No thanks.. He's a has been..

Here's a thought.. When you're going from team to team to team to team, you're likely not worth a crap

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would be good with it. I really dont want to have to take oline early and often in the draft. Winston would be short term, but maybe will let us draft ol later in the draft and we develop them.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Winston is vocal and with his new role he may have a hard time finding any team to sign him at this point. He is an average at best player to begin with and add that to it...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 123phins View Post
    did he not come out a few weeks ago and rip the dolphins leadership and locker room? I wonder how that would go over with the current players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...oom-an-outlier
    He dispels the "all locker rooms are the same" argument (and he's backed up in that by an Eagles player) and implies the Fins need better leaders. So what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpepperfish View Post
    After what he said about our locker room? Give me a break! Don't want that piece of crap anywhere near our team!
    Yeah, we certainly don't want people who can recognize problematic behavior.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 11Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    He dispels the "all locker rooms are the same" argument (and he's backed up in that by an Eagles player) and implies the Fins need better leaders. So what's the problem?
    When was he in the locker room to evaluate the leadership? No other player on the fins had a problem with the leadership so how is it so different?

If you have no idea what the locker room is like or what the leadership is like you shouldnt be saying anything
    Quote Quote