Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What a shocker. Teams that need a starting qb had no interest in sanawful

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    But, but, but... Numbers lie! I mean, they've unlocked the mysteries of the universe but, since they don't play into the ridiculous notion that buttfumble is somehow a good QB, well then they're nothing but lies. LIES I TELLS YA!

And, why am I not surprised that junc follows somebody named Manish on the Twitter?
    those that know the game don't just look at #s.

and Manish is a Jets beat reporter, what to post something racist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Yep. Great interest for a backup quarterback.
    if he can't play why would a team want him as a backup? w/ the timing of his release the starting jobs were taken outside of maybe Cleveland who will draft someone and Cle is interested.

Teams see the talent, they know the situation he was in, smart teams don't just look at things year to year. they see down the road and see a guy who could start down the road.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    those that know the game don't just look at #s.

and Manish is a Jets beat reporter, what to post something racist as well.
    You keep calling me racist and yet I've never posted anything racist on this or any other site. Based off your defense of buttfumbles lewd activities with children though, I'm more safe to call you a late night sneaky uncle than you are to call me a racist. Is it my fault that dude's got a name like a men seeking men weekend Craigs List advertisement?

if he can't play why would a team want him as a backup? w/ the timing of his release the starting jobs were taken outside of maybe Cleveland who will draft someone and Cle is interested.

Teams see the talent, they know the situation he was in, smart teams don't just look at things year to year. they see down the road and see a guy who could start down the road.
    What does he need, like 10 more years to be a decent QB?

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post

What does he need, like 10 more years to be a decent QB?
    The truth is that no team in the entire league sees buttfumble as an upgrade to their current starting qb. If they did, they would snatch him up and give him every opportunity to start. This notion that starting jobs were already taken and therefore the timing is a factor is just plain ridiculous. There will be a number of qbs drafted in the top 10 and they will be given an opportunity to win the job. If a team can upgrade your starting qb position, they would do it irrespective of when it was. If a qb strapped team thought buttfumble was a starting quality qb, they'd make a huge push for him. They arent because they see him as a backup at best.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So your saying the Jets are a dumb team?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    The truth is that no team in the entire league sees buttfumble as an upgrade to their current starting qb. If they did, they would snatch him up and give him every opportunity to start. This notion that starting jobs were already taken and therefore the timing is a factor is just plain ridiculous. There will be a number of qbs drafted in the top 10 and they will be given an opportunity to win the job. If a team can upgrade your starting qb position, they would do it irrespective of when it was. If a qb strapped team thought buttfumble was a starting quality qb, they'd make a huge push for him. They arent because they see him as a backup at best.
    Agreed. There are plenty of teams that are QB starved and yet none of them see sanchez as an upgrade over their existing roster. Speaks volumes. Every team is looking at every opportunity to upgrade every position. Case in point, the Raiders. Schaub has proven over the years to be a quality starter but many questioned his declining abilities after last years fiasco of a campaign. Every GM and coach out there knew who was available and who would soon be available and yet the Raiders chose to take a chance on Schaub reclaiming his past years' poise than bring in the buttfumbler to even compete with the likes of McGloin and Pryor.

Speaking of Schaub, I heard that they've already announced that he'll be wearing the number pick6 for Oakland.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LQQKs like it's official

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I just looked it up on a whim.

Comp % is within a 1/10th of a %. INT % is withing 2/10ths of a % point. Yards/Attempt Within 1/10th.
    I actually compiled the comparisons awhile ago and just had some time to track it down. So although Grossman actually did 2 things that buttfumble never did, since he got a chance to start as a stop gap with Washington, maybe there's hope for buttfumble if a real QB gets injured after all, eh?:

Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    LQQKs like it's official

After I was done laughing at your pic (about 10 minutes had passed) I thought to myself "Oh, does this mean that Chip Kelly was really fool enough to allow this colon cancer into his locker room?" After a quick search I couldn't find anything saying that he was in fact an Eagle but I did find this fun little read on the front page of NFL.com. Kinda hits the nail on the head in regards to his terrible career in NY. When summed up by Adam Schein, his career was almost as funny as your pic... Almost

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ing-but-boring
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One of the more active Eagles forums commenting on the buttfumble news.. Funny.. first post up has the buttfumble and then there's some Leinart and John David Booty comments and "you've gotta be kidding" reactions. Worth the read cuz these are the Philly fans who snowball bomb Santas. LOL

http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=74500
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    One of the more active Eagles forums commenting on the buttfumble news.. Funny.. first post up has the buttfumble and then there's some Leinart and John David Booty comments and "you've gotta be kidding" reactions. Worth the read cuz these are the Philly fans who snowball bomb Santas. LOL

http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=74500
    Holy crap! That thread is full of win. I like that they're seriously calling him "buttfumble" already, without their mods having to replace his name.

This one was my favorite although they're all gold:
    I can't figure out how that guy could find ANY team to pay actual money to take him. Colt McCoy, Matt Flynn, David Garrard, Rex Grossman, and Kevin Kolb are all still out there....yeah, they suck too, but I would take any one of them over Captain Buttfumble.
    I also enoyed how the conversation soon turned to what QB's they should look to draft when he and Barkley inevitably fail in even the back-up (and back-up to the back-up) role.
    Quote Quote