Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin in round two???

1. -1
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin in round two???

I really like Chris Borland. He reminds me a lot of #54 Zach Thomas the way he hustles all over the field, and he is about the same size as Zach (5'11, 245). I know many people like Mosley, but I think we need to get an O-lineman who we can plug in to start right away, at either RT or RG, before we get a middle linebacker. What do you guys think about Borland?

Watch the hit he puts on the Nebraska Running Back. We could use some of this toughness.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like Borland and think he'll be there is R2. I see Mosley as a more complete player, but I wouldn't mind having Shazier or Borland is Miami misses out on Mosley.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    You guys make me nervous...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greenville, MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like blue collar, bring your lunch pail to work with you linebackers. Zach was definitely that type of guy and Borland looks to be the same. The thing that made Zach great was his preparation and intensity, looks like we'd be getting comparable intensity from Borland but I doubt his preparation is even remotely close to Zach's. All that being said, if Mosley is there in round one you take him. Solid all around linebacker, hard worker, very cerebral, and he seems to always be at the right place at the right time.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    he is my man crush for this draft, i love this guy, and would be very excited if we picked him up. im hoping to grab him in two, and if not hopefully he falls to us in three. i dont see it happening tho its wishful thinking

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

he has by far the best instincts coming out. love this guy
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fantastic player and fit for us. I do like Mosely..but he's the odd man out for me. I think Borland is the best Mike in this draft. And if you want a WOLB I think Shazier is better.

Borland in Rd 2 would be a great pick
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm all on board with Borland in the second round. Looks like he's going to be a great player.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sevierville,Tn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks greaat against the run,how is he in pass protection?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jeff Ireland seemed to be pretty rigid in only picking players that met certain height, weight, timed speed metrics for certain positions. It was rare for him to ever draft linebackers who were undersized. I have no doubt that he would never have drafted Zach Thomas because he would have been considered too small.
    But ding dong - the witch is dead. Hickey may not be bound by the draft rules governed by the metrics like Jeff. Borland is undersized but he reminds me a lot of Zach - even down to the way he tossed the tackled players. The resemblance in tackling style is quite extraordinary.
    We need a speedy middle linebacker who can tackle. If he is physically sound and a good character guy, he could be the 2nd round pick (and there is no need to try to get cute about hoping he drops to the 3rd). Philip Wheeler is a financial boat anchor due to a ridiculous guaranteed ballooning amount in this, his second year. But Borland could be good enough to beat him for the position from the get go.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty steep drop off at ILB after Borland, no real 3 down players at the position after he's drafted? Wouldn't be surprised if that does push him into round 2.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be excited to have him in rd 2. Plays with a lot of intensity
    Quote Quote