Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin in round two???

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungover View Post
    Pretty steep drop off at ILB after Borland, no real 3 down players at the position after he's drafted? Wouldn't be surprised if that does push him into round 2.
    yep...there are not many 3 down mike options...and a lot of 2 down lbs period in this class
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the concern here and its a legitimate one imo is are you getting a 3 down lb here...he tested as a VERY average athlete at the combine...couple that with the short arms and the undersized height wise to begin with and it definitely makes you wonder what you are getting...does show nice lateral footwork and quickness in drills...

if he's a 3 down lb 2nd round makes sense given the instincts if he's not a every down guy cause he can't handle the movement requirements to not be an eye sore in the nickle then 3rd round is more wherei see the value in a 2 down guy...

and i'm not really sure what he is...some days i say 3 down others i say ehhh can he play in the nickle

james morris who looks more a 2 down lb at iowa who doesnt have great range showed as more athletic at the combine...and would be a day 3 mike target for me as a 2 down guy...i think he's undervalued
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the concern here and its a legitimate one imo is are you getting a 3 down lb here...he tested as a VERY average athlete at the combine...couple that with the short arms and the undersized height wise to begin with and it definitely makes you wonder what you are getting...does show nice lateral footwork and quickness in drills...

if he's a 3 down lb 2nd round makes sense given the instincts if he's not a every down guy cause he can't handle the movement requirements to not be an eye sore in the nickle then 3rd round is more wherei see the value in a 2 down guy...

and i'm not really sure what he is...some days i say 3 down others i say ehhh can he play in the nickle

james morris who looks more a 2 down lb at iowa who doesnt have great range showed as more athletic at the combine...and would be a day 3 mike target for me as a 2 down guy...i think he's undervalued
    I'd definitely prefer Morris in the 4th or 5th to Borland in the 2nd or 3rd. I don't have a lot separating the two. Not a good draft for Mikes, imo.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I'd definitely prefer Morris in the 4th or 5th to Borland in the 2nd or 3rd. I don't have a lot separating the two. Not a good draft for Mikes, imo.
    yeah it's not a good draft for mikes especially if you think mosley is more a will fit...which i do...it's a good draft for 3 down wills i'd say...guys like kirksey in the mid rounds look like very good values to me...but dont give me any telvin smith....he all of 219 lbs...let someone else take that

as for inside lbs skov hasn't run for anyone yet i'm sure he's worried about putting up a number near a 5 and been avoiding it for just that reason but he's an average athlete even in college and looks more a 2 down guy

kyle van noy is a 2 down solb who if he plays on 3rd down will likely get some rush run like we give misi...i like the player but he struggles in space and doesnt show off all that great lateral ability...straight line speed was better than anticipated though i'd say
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah it's not a good draft for mikes especially if you think mosley is more a will fit...which i do...it's a good draft for 3 down wills i'd say...guys like kirksey in the mid rounds look like very good values to me...but dont give me any telvin smith....he all of 219 lbs...let someone else take that

as for inside lbs skov hasn't run for anyone yet i'm sure he's worried about putting up a number near a 5 and been avoiding it for just that reason but he's an average athlete even in college and looks more a 2 down guy

kyle van noy is a 2 down solb who if he plays on 3rd down will likely get some rush run like we give misi...i like the player but he struggles in space and doesnt show off all that great lateral ability...straight line speed was better than anticipated though i'd say
    I do like Borland, Bullough, Morris, and Skov. I think they're guys who max out their potential, but I agree. Skov is likely dodging the 40. I can see him as a smaller, lesser Brandon Spikes.

I like Van Noy. Not a super athlete, but I like his instincts and play-making ability. His pass rush is a plus, because I do agree that you don't want him covering in too much space (3rd down situations). But I see a guy who can cover well enough on base downs and has a knack for making plays around or behind the LOS with enough versatility and pass rush ability to keep in on the field in that role on 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do like Borland, Bullough, Morris, and Skov. I think they're guys who max out their potential, but I agree. Skov is likely dodging the 40. I can see him as a smaller, lesser Brandon Spikes.

I like Van Noy. Not a super athlete, but I like his instincts and play-making ability. His pass rush is a plus, because I do agree that you don't want him covering in too much space (3rd down situations). But I see a guy who can cover well enough on base downs and has a knack for making plays around or behind the LOS with enough versatility and pass rush ability to keep in on the field in that role on 3rd.
    just depends on what you ask van noy to do on 3rd down...if it's go forward yeah i can get down with it has nice short area lateral quicks as a blitz rusher but if the o can set him up[ where he has to carry coverage you in trouble...he looks lioke a patriots late round 2 guy to me...early 3rd round for most teams that the pats scoop up with a specific plan and role

its too bad lamin barrow doesnt show better instincts cause athletically hes what you want...
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just depends on what you ask van noy to do on 3rd down...if it's go forward yeah i can get down with it has nice short area lateral quicks as a blitz rusher but if the o can set him up[ where he has to carry coverage you in trouble...he looks lioke a patriots late round 2 guy to me...early 3rd round for most teams that the pats scoop up with a specific plan and role

its too bad lamin barrow doesnt show better instincts cause athletically hes what you want...
    The guy I keep thinking of for a pro comp is a more athletic - smaller - Mike Vrabel. Basically, a 4-3 SAM version of Vrabel.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The guy I keep thinking of for a pro comp is a more athletic - smaller - Mike Vrabel. Basically, a 4-3 SAM version of Vrabel.
    yeah i can see that although vrabel had a little better size as i recall...i think he played 34 olb for the pats
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    Fantastic player and fit for us. I do like Mosely..but he's the odd man out for me. I think Borland is the best Mike in this draft. And if you want a WOLB I think Shazier is better.

Borland in Rd 2 would be a great pick
    What are your thoughts on Borland in coverage? I love him in the run game, but that's my main concern. Is he a three down player?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yep...there are not many 3 down mike options...and a lot of 2 down lbs period in this class
    I agree with you guys that there are not many options at the mike lb position but I think Borland is worth rolling the dice on. There was a good article on Borland in today's Green Bay paper. It sounds like the writer was hoping the Packers go after him. Also, not sure about his pass coverage, but he has been able to get some QB sacks at Wisconsin.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...rrated-Borland
    Quote Quote