Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin in round two???

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Between his numerous injuries, lack of athletic ability and subpar pass defense I would not take Borland in Rd2. Round 4 is highest I'd go.

Based on measurables and translation to the NFL games, if your chooses are Mosley in 1 vs Borland in 2 you go Mosley all day

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Between his numerous injuries, lack of athletic ability and subpar pass defense I would not take Borland in Rd2. Round 4 is highest I'd go.

Based on measurables and translation to the NFL games, if your chooses are Mosley in 1 vs Borland in 2 you go Mosley all day
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    james morris stock on the uptick after he tested better than expected at the combine...more fluid...i have bumped him up to the 4th round even if he is a 2 down lb in the pros
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He will be long gone by the time we get to our 2nd pick. He is a top 40 player. If we really want him, we trade up to get him.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's going to be another guy that if we pass on we'll be sitting there wishing we did pick him like all the other instinctive linebackers in past drafts... He's the real deal and the ONLY thing people can say bad about him is his height, everything else is good. 1st round talent that will fall to the 2nd round.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd personally pass on Borland in the second. Just too many players I like better that could be there.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Id like to see one thread on borland that doesnt mention zach
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cane6 View Post

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

I respect your opinion. I don't follow the college football as closely as the NFL, so I don't see as many games.
    However, when I see the Borland highlights, I see a flatout tackling machine with a big heart and great determination. He has probably been told by everyone that he's too small for the position and this has helped to make him better.
    Some of the draft purists seem to fixate on the body size and performance metrics. It's probably the reason why Zach Thomas dropped all the way to the 5th round. In Borland I see a player who fits our need to do a lot of tackling in the MIKE position. It would be nice to get a bigger, faster physical specimen, but the late swooping speed that he closes in for tackles impresses the hell out of me. I haven't seen enough of his games to know if the highlights look great but he doesn't play like that enough.
    While Mosely may be better, our O-line needs may be such that the call is simply made to take one and get the LB later. It's actually an interesting test how Hickey prioritizes the needs.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are we really arguing that a guy won't be a good player because of short arms?

The guy is a football player. He's more athletic than the 40 time he ran. He's instinctive and is around the ball. Absolutely on board with him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The sewer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Are we really arguing that a guy won't be a good player because of short arms?

The guy is a football player. He's more athletic than the 40 time he ran. He's instinctive and is around the ball. Absolutely on board with him.
    You just don't know how a guy is going to work out in the NFL but almost as you said above, "Now that's a football player" was my first thought.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like borland a lot, but not in the 2nd rnd.

You can't take a Ilb in the second round, who is undersized and a mismatch in the pass game.
    Quote Quote