Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aaron Donald

1. -21
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Doubt Donald gets past Chicago at #14...it's too rich for me...a likely situational rusher early on that if he makes hay with his pass rush teams are sure to double team and with his short arms neutralize him...if he doesn't win immediately he gets washed out...

Shazier doesn't have the instincts to validate a top 20 pick...and he would compete with wheeler and Jenkins for weak side snaps...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Doubt Donald gets past Chicago at #14...it's too rich for me...a likely situational rusher early on that if he makes hay with his pass rush teams are sure to double team and with his short arms neutralize him...if he doesn't win immediately he gets washed out...

Shazier doesn't have the instincts to validate a top 20 pick...and he would compete with wheeler and Jenkins for weak side snaps...
    Agreed about shazier. I feel like people spend to much time watching him run into a pile full speed, and miss the rest of his game which is lacking.
    Last edited by xXwarXx; 03-30-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hoops, honest question: Can you think of any LB's with Shazier's combination of production and athleticism (coming out of college) who have been anything less than top-notch LB's in the NFL?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    hoops, honest question: Can you think of any LB's with Shazier's combination of production and athleticism (coming out of college) who have been anything less than top-notch LB's in the NFL?
    Aaron Curry? Not the same level of athlete but the closest I can think of. Hoops is really old tho, sure he has some.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

5. -25

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn I didn't know 38 was one foot in the grave...lb play at the pro level is all about instincts...when you find a guy that is a high end athlete and shows likewise high level positional instincts you are cooking with gas...

I'm not gonna overdraft a guy that shows half of that...
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As others have mentioned, will be long gone before pick 19 - if he goes to the right situation will be an absolute star. The fact he's shot up draft boards across the league in a draft this deep is testament to what he offers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Damn I didn't know 38 was one foot in the grave...lb play at the pro level is all about instincts...when you find a guy that is a high end athlete and shows likewise high level positional instincts you are cooking with gas...

I'm not gonna overdraft a guy that shows half of that...
    The point I'm trying to make is that I think you're wrong about his instincts - that he wouldn't have 144 tackes (102 solo), 23.5 TFL, 4 FF's without good instincts. Also, he did come to Ohio State as a DE, so he's still improving that aspect of his game.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is that I think you're wrong about his instincts - that he wouldn't have 144 tackes (102 solo), 23.5 TFL, 4 FF's without good instincts. Also, he did come to Ohio State as a DE, so he's still improving that aspect of his game.
    the college production doesnt mean a whole lot to me...i think he shows some instincts but more athlete at the collegiate level than instincts...and if you think i'm wrong on it well no worries...

i dont see special here
    Last edited by hooshoops; 03-31-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Quote