Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Slimm's 2015 Wide Receivers (Seniors)

  1. -1
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,989
    vCash:
    3412
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Slimm's 2015 Wide Receivers (Seniors)

    1. DeVante Parker / Louisville / 6'3", 209

    2. Rashad Greene / Florida St. / 6'0", 180

    3. Kevin White / West Virginia / 6'3", 211

    4. Justin Hardy / East Carolina / 6'0", 186

    5. Antwan Goodley / Baylor / 5'10", 225

    6. Devin Smith / Ohio St. / 6'1", 198

    7. Ty Montgomery / Stanford / 6'2", 215

    8. Devante Davis / UNLV / 6'3", 210



    9. Tyler Lockett / Kansas St. / 5'11", 175

    10. Jamison Crowder / Duke / 5'9", 175

    11. Dres Anderson / Utah / 6'1", 187

    12. Kenny Bell / Nebraska / 6'1", 185

    13. Austin Hill / Arizona / 6'3", 211

    14. Malcolm Mitchell / Georgia / 6'1", 192

    15. Nick Harwell / Kansas / 6'1", 193

    16. J.J. Worton / UCF / 6'2", 211

    17. Andre Davis / South Florida / 6'1", 202

    18. DaVaris Daniels / Notre Dame / 6'1", 203

    19. Tony Lippett / Michigan St. / 6'2", 190

    20. Jamal Robinson / UL-Lafayette / 6'4", 205

    21. Kasen Williams / Washington / 6'2", 212

    22. Michael Bennett / Georgia / 6'3", 205

    23. John Harris / Texas / 6'2", 218

    24. Cam Worthy / East Carolina / 6'3", 220

    25. Chris Conley / Georgia / 6'3", 206

    26. Jamarcus Nelson / UAB / 5'11", 170

    27. Matt Miller / Boise St. / 6'3", 222

    28. Phillip Dorsett / Miami / 5'9", 180

    29. Damiere Byrd / South Carolina / 5'9", 166

    30. Mario Alford / West Virginia / 5'9", 180

    31. Geremy Davis / UCONN / 6'3", 215

    32. Dominic Rufran / Wyoming / 6'0", 188

    33. Jameon Lewis / Mississippi St. / 5'9", 195

    34. Shavarez Smith / South Alabama / 6'1", 200

    35. Devon Cajuste / Stanford / 6'4", 228

    36. Ezell Ruffin / San Diego St. / 6'1", 205

    37. DeAndrew White / Alabama / 6'0", 190

    38. Brandon Carter / TCU / 5'11", 186

    39. Rannell Hall / UCF / 6'1", 196

    40. Malcolm Kennedy / Texas A&M / 6'0", 200

    41. Andre Debose / Florida / 5'11", 190

    42. Rodriguez Coleman / Kansas / 6'3", 195

    43. Javess Blue / Kentucky / 6'0", 190

    44. William Dukes / Florida Atlantic / 6'4", 190

    45. Tommy Shuler / Marshall / 5'7", 190

    46. Eli Rogers / Louisville / 5'10", 182

    47. Keiwone Malone / Memphis / 5'11", 165
    (Malone was a 4-star recruit out of high school and originially committed to Alabama as part of Saban's 2010 class...however he was suspended for a violation of team rules and transferred back home to Memphis. He's light and not very physical, but has great speed, agility, and hands.)



    48. Jarrod West / Syracuse / 6'2", 203

    49. Ross Apo / BYU / 6'3", 207

    50. Damond Powell / Iowa / 5'11", 180

    51. Kevonte Martin-Manley / Iowa / 6'0", 205

    52. Keanon Lowe / Oregon / 5'9", 186

    53. Rashawn Scott / Miami / 6'2", 203

    54. Christion Jones / Alabama / 5'11", 185

    55. Sterling Griffin / Louisiana Tech / 6'1", 190

    56. Bryan Underwood / N.C. State / 5'9", 180

    57. Isaac Blakeney / Duke / 6'6", 225

    58. Bradley Marquez / Texas Tech / 6'0", 205
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 09-18-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,179
    vCash:
    9091
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the 2014 class weren't so stacked, I think we would have probably seen guys like Parker, Greene, Goodley, and Montgomery come out. I like Crowder too. I definitely prefer Greene to Benjamin as a prospect. Overall, the 2015 Senior group looks significantly better than the 2014 Senior group (though I like Matthews and Abbrederis).
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,989
    vCash:
    3412
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    If the 2014 class weren't so stacked, I think we would have probably seen guys like Parker, Greene, Goodley, and Montgomery come out. I like Crowder too. I definitely prefer Greene to Benjamin as a prospect. Overall, the 2015 Senior group looks significantly better than the 2014 Senior group (though I like Matthews and Abbrederis).
    The 2015 Senior class of WR's certainly looks better than the 2014 class, although as always the majority of the talent lies within the underclassman.

    Nick Harwell is a really good player. He was dynamite at Miami (OH) and had to sit out last year at Kansas to comply with NCAA transfer rules... but he's a player. He'll eat up some Big-12 secondaries this year.

    Tyler Lockett is the best kick returner in the country in my estimation. Justin Hardy is unstoppable in C-USA. He'd be starting for most anybody in the country.

    Austin Hill and Malcolm Mitchell are dinged here in my rankings a few notches because of injury last year, but talent wise they belong in the top 10. Florida's offense and special teams really missed Debose last year. He's another one that belongs higher based on raw talent, but injury drops him.

    Basically, I have a draftable grade on around 30 of these receivers. The rest will go into the UDFA pool. Again, that doesn't necessarily mean 1-30 here... some are ranked below where their talent warrants here due to not playing last year (injury) or sitting out to comply with transfer rules.

    All of these kids have shown me they can play and produce. They're hand selected.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,100
    vCash:
    8135
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DeVante Parker coming back was a godsend for him. He now gets to learn the finer points of route running from Bobby Petrino's staff. He is going to be an absolute MONSTER in this offense next season.

    Slim: Just a heads up on someone to watch this season. Apparently Charlie's staff never could get anything out of redshirt senior Tennessee transfer Matt Milton (6'5", former 4 star recruited by Lane Kiffin and Ed Orgeron) but Bobby's staff is. Stories coming out of the open practices is that he's torching it right now. When keeping an eye on Parker (and Brown, Dyer, etc) this season you may want to keep an eye on Milton too.
    Insert pithy saying here.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    757
    vCash:
    6759
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I prefer Greene's consistency to Parker's upside.. what are your reasons for having Parker over Greene?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,989
    vCash:
    3412
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    I prefer Greene's consistency to Parker's upside.. what are your reasons for having Parker over Greene?
    Well first of all I really like Rashad Greene, especially his ability on special teams as a punt returner. It makes him even more valuable.

    I think Parker's size is more difficult to defend. He's virtually unstoppable in one-on-one situations for contested catches. Parker has tremendous body control and adjusts well to poor throws. His 28 TD receptions thusfar in his career is the most of any WR on this list. That's pretty consistent. He averages nearly 17 yards/catch for his career.... Greene averages 14.5 yards/catch for his career.

    I really like both receivers here. Although I think Parker has the ability to be physically dominant in situations where Greene can't. It's a similar question I was asked about this time a year ago... which would I prefer between Donte Moncrief and Marqise Lee? I chose Moncrief because of his ability to be physically dominant in situations where Lee couldn't.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    757
    vCash:
    6759
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Well first of all I really like Rashad Greene, especially his ability on special teams as a punt returner. It makes him even more valuable.

    I think Parker's size is more difficult to defend. He's virtually unstoppable in one-on-one situations for contested catches. Parker has tremendous body control and adjusts well to poor throws. His 28 TD receptions thusfar in his career is the most of any WR on this list. That's pretty consistent. He averages nearly 17 yards/catch for his career.... Greene averages 14.5 yards/catch for his career.

    I really like both receivers here. Although I think Parker has the ability to be physically dominant in situations where Greene can't. It's a similar question I was asked about this time a year ago... which would I prefer between Donte Moncrief and Marqise Lee? I chose Moncrief because of his ability to be physically dominant in situations where Lee couldn't.
    I agree 100% on contested throws. In my opinion, in order to be a starting every down receiver you have to be able to play "above the rim" and dominate 50/50 balls. No one on Miami can do this, that is why I consider Wallace a #3 and Hartline a #3/ #4 WR. Greene isn't necessarily bad in this department, he made a big time catch against Nevada this year showcasing that, but there is no question that Parker is superior there. I haven't studied Parker exclusively but I have seen at least 15 Bridgewater tapes. What is surprising to me, is that Parker routinely makes the highlight reel catch, but the next play will drop a slant when he is wide open. That is more an issue of focus than ball skills. But for that reason I would give the edge to Greene.. more of a personal preference both are equally rated players.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,989
    vCash:
    3412
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    I agree 100% on contested throws. In my opinion, in order to be a starting every down receiver you have to be able to play "above the rim" and dominate 50/50 balls. No one on Miami can do this, that is why I consider Wallace a #3 and Hartline a #3/ #4 WR. Greene isn't necessarily bad in this department, he made a big time catch against Nevada this year showcasing that, but there is no question that Parker is superior there. I haven't studied Parker exclusively but I have seen at least 15 Bridgewater tapes. What is surprising to me, is that Parker routinely makes the highlight reel catch, but the next play will drop a slant when he is wide open. That is more an issue of focus than ball skills. But for that reason I would give the edge to Greene.. more of a personal preference both are equally rated players.

    It always frustrates me when I see receivers do this. It used to drive me crazy when Julio Jones would drop easy screen passes or quick slants over and over again. He's thinking about running and making a play rather than securing the catch first. It's typical of receivers with big play ability. However, when it was 3rd down and the offense needed a clutch catch, or it was time to physically dominate... Julio was dependable. Devante Parker has done this same thing for Louisville when he's needed. Parker isn't the caliber of talent that Julio was, but the point is the same.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    757
    vCash:
    6759
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    It always frustrates me when I see receivers do this. It used to drive me crazy when Julio Jones would drop easy screen passes or quick slants over and over again. He's thinking about running and making a play rather than securing the catch first. It's typical of receivers with big play ability. However, when it was 3rd down and the offense needed a clutch catch, or it was time to physically dominate... Julio was dependable. Devante Parker has done this same thing for Louisville when he's needed. Parker isn't the caliber of talent that Julio was, but the point is the same.
    I agree. Sammy Watkins looks the ball in better than any receiver I've ever seen. Goes from catch to tuck to run so quickly and effortlessly.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    JC's Avatar
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    5,168
    vCash:
    9281
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rannell Hall for UCF is vastly underrated here. He's UCF's best and most versatile wide receiver.

    YAC, got it.
    Good hands, got it.
    Speed, got it.
    Fighting for the ball, got it.
    Route running, got it.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Slimm's 2015 Runningbacks (Seniors)
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 12:54 PM
  2. Slimm's 2014 Seniors
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 01:46 AM
  3. Slimm's Seniors
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 04:49 PM
  4. Slimm's Underrated Prospects: (Seniors)
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 12:33 AM
  5. Slimm's 2013 Prospects (Seniors)
    By TedSlimmJr in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •