Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Johnny Manziel Critics

  1. -21
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,218
    vCash:
    9410
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    Case Keenum 2.0, in every way, except Keenum has a much better deep ball, but is less accurate on the short and mid range stuff.

    Other than that, those two are so freaking similar it's sickening.
    Just for the record xXwarXx says Keenum has a much better deep ball than Manziel. Noted.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    1,076
    vCash:
    5747
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I don't think he's similar to Keenum at all. Keenum was in college 6 years before he was really effective running Sumlin's offense. He was a 25 year old playing against C-USA defenses. Manziel dominated NFL caliber players as a 20 year old redshirt freshman on his way to being the first freshman to ever win a Heisman Trophy. He actually improved as a passer last year.

    The big hands are a legitimate key here. He has hands bigger than most prototypical NFL QB's.

    Manziel cemented himself as one of the best college football players of all time in 2 years. Keenum isn't even in Manziel's class. He's in Kliff Kingsbury's class. Manziel can make every throw required to play at the next level. Keenum never had that level of arm strength.

    I was more comparing there play style and level of production in college. Especially there god awful stats against the blitz are similar. Or the fact they both run around in circles for no damn reason far more often than any NFL qb should.

    Yes I agree, Manziel is a higher level player, but IMO, not by a awhile lot. And there far more similar than most will admit. Keenum would of done just fine chilling behind that Texas oline, tossing to Evans. He looked pretty good in the NFL before teams realized a constant blitz and pressure would completely disrupt him, and Manziel is going to find the same exact scenario.

    And can we stop with manziels hands and feet already? Why are manziels hands and feet so relevant, I've never heard anyone talk about a qbs hands and feet so often as Manziel, its like you guys are trying to make up for his short comings by talking up his hands and feet, it's kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

    ---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Just for the record xXwarXx says Keenum has a much better deep ball than Manziel. Noted.
    Good, take more notes...
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,218
    vCash:
    9410
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    I was more comparing there play style and level of production in college. Especially there god awful stats against the blitz are similar. Or the fact they both run around in circles for no damn reason far more often than any NFL qb should.

    Yes I agree, Manziel is a higher level player, but IMO, not by a awhile lot. And there far more similar than most will admit. Keenum would of done just fine chilling behind that Texas oline, tossing to Evans. He looked pretty good in the NFL before teams realized a constant blitz and pressure would completely disrupt him, and Manziel is going to find the same exact scenario.

    And can we stop with manziels hands and feet already? Why are manziels hands and feet so relevant, I've never heard anyone talk about a qbs hands and feet so often as Manziel, its like you guys are trying to make up for his short comings by talking up his hands and feet, it's kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

    ---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------



    Good, take more notes...
    If the issue of hand size is new to you, I assume that a lot of other things are new to you as well. Do a quick Google search.

    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...1-b63727fe96cd
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,057
    vCash:
    3924
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    I was more comparing there play style and level of production in college. Especially there god awful stats against the blitz are similar. Or the fact they both run around in circles for no damn reason far more often than any NFL qb should.

    Yes I agree, Manziel is a higher level player, but IMO, not by a awhile lot. And there far more similar than most will admit. Keenum would of done just fine chilling behind that Texas oline, tossing to Evans. He looked pretty good in the NFL before teams realized a constant blitz and pressure would completely disrupt him, and Manziel is going to find the same exact scenario.

    And can we stop with manziels hands and feet already? Why are manziels hands and feet so relevant, I've never heard anyone talk about a qbs hands and feet so often as Manziel, its like you guys are trying to make up for his short comings by talking up his hands and feet, it's kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

    ---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------



    Good, take more notes...



    Hand size is a critical component for any offensive skill position that makes their living handling the football. That's why they spend so much time measuring 'em. None moreso than the QB position.

    Lack of height can be overcome. Small hands cannot. Take it from somebody who coached high school quarterbacks 25 years ago.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    68
    vCash:
    1334
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes I'm certain Manziels massive hands will impact his ability to make correct reads from the pocket in the NFL, change the velocity on his deep ball, and help him avoid injury when he takes off from the pocket for the 2nd time in a row and the 6th time in his previous 10 plays and gets hammered by a 250 lb 'backer moving at NFL speed . WTF.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    1,076
    vCash:
    5747
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never said hand size isnt an issue, I just said I'm tired of hearing about in regards to Manziel, in the history of NFL qbs, I never remember anyones hand size constantly being brought up. It's been noted, great, he's got big hands, ok, move on. I dont need to hear Gil Brandt ranting and raving about Manziels damn feet size for 3 days straight, its ridiculous. Are we drafting a guy because of his hand size now? Probably not.

    Maybe we can measure his junk too, and do a study on it, and stats may show, if he has smaller junk, it gives his legs more room to extend and move, allowng him to add more speed to his 40 time, bringing up a qbs draft projection.

    Small junk = high draft pick now. Gotta draft him, if he got a small package.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,218
    vCash:
    9410
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now you two are just trolling.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    9,057
    vCash:
    3924
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He'll have to learn how to give himself up. That's a different subject entirely. Quarterbacks get hurt all the time staying in the pocket.... injuries are unpredictable. He's been hit by plenty of 250 pound linebackers that are on their way to the NFL.

    By the way, I'm on record already stating that I'm not at all convinced that he's going to be the savior of any franchise. I've only felt that way about 2 or 3 QB's in the last decade. However, anybody that thinks he can't play in the NFL is a fool. Teams are trotting out QB's every week that aren't as talented as Manziel. People vastly overrate the talent in the NFL to begin with. There's not that many elite players in the NFL... the majority of them are borderline professionals themselves.

    Again, the point is that some of the knocks on him are legitimate, some are simply blowing smoke. Some of the comparisons made for him are insulting, because they don't account for anything he accomplished in college. Most of which hadn't been done before.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    68
    vCash:
    1334
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Now you two are just trolling.
    TBH I thought the trolling was the hand size stuff - hey I hope he proves me wrong and makes the style he has works in the NFL because if he does he will be a one man highlight reel, unfortunately I just don't see it.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    1,076
    vCash:
    5747
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    He'll have to learn how to give himself up. That's a different subject entirely. Quarterbacks get hurt all the time staying in the pocket.... injuries are unpredictable. He's been hit by plenty of 250 pound linebackers that are on their way to the NFL.

    By the way, I'm on record already stating that I'm not at all convinced that he's going to be the savior of any franchise. I've only felt that way about 2 or 3 QB's in the last decade. However, anybody that thinks he can't play in the NFL is a fool. Teams are trotting out QB's every week that aren't as talented as Manziel. People vastly overrate the talent in the NFL to begin with. There's not that many elite players in the NFL... the majority of them are borderline professionals themselves.

    Again, the point is that some of the knocks on him are legitimate, some are simply blowing smoke. Some of the comparisons made for him are insulting, because they don't account for anything he accomplished in college. Most of which hadn't been done before.
    Keenum had better production than him, maybe some of the best production in college football history. If accomplishments and production meant anything, he wouldn't of went undrafted.

    Every time someone gets in a debate about Manziel, it's he has the "it" factor, big hands, big feet, he's a winner, production, etc etc. It's all the stuff you say about a player when they lack real good things to talk about.

    Let's be honest here, he's a undersized qb, who's not that fast, for the NFL he has a average arm at best, he bails out of the pocket for no reason, and puts himself in trouble (ps good luck breaking that habit) he takes very hard hits, and this is all behind a oline that could protect him as well as he will ever be protected.

    His stats against the blitz and pressure are god awful. Seriously when he gets to the NFL, this guy is going to be in trouble. I don't see any way around it.

    And I'm not even getting to off field stuff where this guy does WTF he wants anyway. Could you imagine the difference in how people would talk about Manziel....... If he was black?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Johnny Manziel puts on a dunk show
    By jim1 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 03:17 PM
  2. Johnny Manziel vs. LSU
    By j-off-her-doll in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 10:34 AM
  3. Manziel is an icon
    By jimlerario in forum SPAM
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 08:03 AM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 11:06 PM
  5. Johnny Manziel wins Heisman
    By Dolfan3773 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 09:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •