Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 32 (+) with Grades

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks

Top 32 (+) with Grades

Pretty simple grading system. 1, 2, or 3. The numbers represent likelihood for success. 1) Unlikely to achieve sustained success in NFL. 2) Good chance to achieve sustained success in a system conducive to the given player’s skill set. 3) Very likely to achieve sustained success. “S” indicates Strong, and “W” indicates Weak. And the +’s indicate upside. ++ indicates talent to be top 5 at given position. + indicates talent to be very productive, fringe Pro Bowl. Zero +’s indicate an upside that tops out at solid. You won’t see any on this list, but if a player is given a “-“, it indicates that the player just barely has enough talent to play in the NFL. Upside is not solely predicated upon athletic ability, but it’s obviously a factor.

Aaron Donald, for example is rated a W3+. I believe he’ll be a productive player for a long time, and he’s a freak athlete, but his size (for me) keeps him from being a solid 3, and it also keeps him as a single “+” player.

1. Greg Robinson 3++
    2. Jadeveon Clowney W3++
    3. Ryan Shazier 3++
    4. Johnny Manziel S2++
    5. Khalil Mack W3++
    6. Sammy Watkins W3++
    7. Taylor Lewan 3+
    8. Jake Matthews 3+
    9. Aaron Donald W3+
    10. Jimmie Ward S2++

http://mrebird.wordpress.com/2014/04...32-with-grade/
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great list that is very interesting for those of us who are not experts....thank you for sharing it.

However, where are the rest of the guys you predict we may target?
    1972 Miami Dolphins - "Perfection"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin39 View Post
    Great list that is very interesting for those of us who are not experts....thank you for sharing it.

However, where are the rest of the guys you predict we may target?
    You know, I have no idea what our FO will look to do. I can see them liking a guy like Kevin Pierre-Louis later in the draft at WLB. Undersized, explosive WLB with a good motor. BC used him to blitz a fair amount, and he was pretty good at it. One guy I'm liking in the later rounds (probably not for Miami) is the safety from Utah State, Maurice Alexander. CBS currently has him as their 461st prospect. But I think he could be a Kam Chancellor kind of SS. Big, strong, imposing in-the-box safety. 9 TFL from the safety position. Don't know a lot about him, but there seem to be major character concerns (both legally and with teammates - punched one, causing him to be dismissed from team).
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that's the first time i have seen a grading system like this....kinda strange

does it mean shaziers like a top 3 rated prospect in the class or something....wowzers
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    that's the first time i have seen a grading system like this....kinda strange

does it mean shaziers like a top 3 rated prospect in the class or something....wowzers
    Yeah, I wanted a grading system that gives a quick look at a player (or how I view the player). The odds and potential payoff distinct but interactive. I'm guessing I'll have to work out some kinks, but I think 2++ paints a better picture than 8.13.

But yeah, I think a guy like Shazier only comes around once every five or ten years. He's about as clean as it gets, as safe as it gets, and he has all-world upside. If I had to bet on which player from this draft would end his career with the most All Pro teams, I'd bet Robinson then Shazier. Clowney's a freak, and he plays at a premium position.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Yeah, I wanted a grading system that gives a quick look at a player (or how I view the player). The odds and potential payoff distinct but interactive. I'm guessing I'll have to work out some kinks, but I think 2++ paints a better picture than 8.13.

But yeah, I think a guy like Shazier only comes around once every five or ten years. He's about as clean as it gets, as safe as it gets, and he has all-world upside. If I had to bet on which player from this draft would end his career with the most All Pro teams, I'd bet Robinson then Shazier. Clowney's a freak, and he plays at a premium position.
    whether i agree or not i'm glad that you are willing to put it out there when you have a conviction...there's not many that do around here
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I respect the fact that you have your own analysis and not just a twitter clone follower opinion. Totally agree with your love for Shaz, my friends mock me for thinking of him as a top ten talent.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be interested to hear a little bit more about what you think of Moncrief. I think he has the physical tools to succeed at the X but he doesn't attack the ball like a guy that I would want to be a #1 WR. He reminds me of Jacoby Jones.

Also, i'm glad to see that you have Jason Verrett in thae middle of that group of CBs. I think he's been knocked too hard for his size. He makes plays on the ball regardless of the size of the guy he's going up against. I think he's more of a sure thing than Roby, Fuller, or Denard.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
    I respect the fact that you have your own analysis and not just a twitter clone follower opinion. Totally agree with your love for Shaz, my friends mock me for thinking of him as a top ten talent.
    Saw recently that Kiper said you can make a case for Shazier as one of the 10 best players in this draft. You're not alone :^p
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justdev7 View Post
    Also, i'm glad to see that you have Jason Verrett in thae middle of that group of CBs. I think he's been knocked too hard for his size. He makes plays on the ball regardless of the size of the guy he's going up against. I think he's more of a sure thing than Roby, Fuller, or Denard.
    Verrett's definitely a first round talent, imo. I'd take either him or Fuller at 19, probably leaning towards Fuller between the two.
    Quote Quote