Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Hypothetical Mocks:

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

2 Hypothetical Mocks:

Hey fellow finfans. a bit bored here on a saturday morning. Thought Id throw this out there too see what you guys think. Bombs away.

mock A
    1 OLB R.Shazier (can play in_out, adds a dimension we don't have, unless of course philbin decides to play jordan a lot more at LB)
    2 OT B.Turner (should be plug and play RT)
    3 SS D.Bucannon (would be a nice complement to Jones, insurance in case Delmas´injury history gets the better of him, not content with WIlson as our 3rd S)
    4 RB A.Williams (should add the bruiser body that DT never was)
    5 OG T.Turner (should also be a potential starter, if not, solid depth)
    6 TE C.Lyerla (worth the gamble, cant teach height, red zone threat we desperately need)
    7 WR J.Janis (another big receiving threat)

mock B
    1 TE E.Ebron will provide what we've neglected for years, a seam threat TE)
    2 ILB C. Borland (not the most athletic, but intangibles off the charts)
    3 RB J.Hill (incredibly talented big bodied back)
    4 OT J.Hurst (injury drops his stock, if recovers well, should be day 1 starter)
    5 OG T.Turner (see above)
    6 SS I.Lewis (played on MichSt. all world D and secondary, could be sleeper if lasts this long)
    7 WR J.Janis (see above)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think if we draft Lyerla his his career will go up his nose and by the wayside.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    I think if we draft Lyerla his his career will go up his nose and by the wayside.
    But in the 6th or 7th I think it's a safe bet. The dude has 1st round skills. If he wants to waste his career fine, but if he's all straight he could be a game changer.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take A over B.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, here's two more:

Mock A:

1. WR Brandin Cooks Electric in the slot, brings a ton of speed and quicks, fantastic kick returner as well
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy Just a good football player, preparing fro Philip Wheeler to get punted Reggie Roby style out of the building
    3. DE James Gayle Good player off the edge, more of a pure DE to let Jordan play OLB or more of an elephant position
    4. OG Trai Turner Strong, mobile, young player at a need position
    5. OT Michael Schofield Solid yet unspectacular- similar to Ju'wan James and Jack Mewhort in that regard, tough, moves well
    6. OT Matt Patchan Gamble on a talented yet frequently injured player that I'll take, especially at a need position
    7. WR Shaquelle Evans Could be a good late round pick up a la Rishard Mathews. Size, speed, quicks, has a burst.

Mock B

1. OT Zack Martin Just a solid, versatile player at a need position with outstanding intangibles. Might not make it to #19
    2. WR Martavis Bryant Gamble on greatness- has size and speed, good lateral movement and has a burst
    3. DE James Gayle See above, just a good football player who can really get after the QB
    4. OG Trai Turner I don't want to budge on this one either, see above
    5. TE AC Leonard Take a chance on a fast, athletic TE who's only 6-2.5 but brings talent and speed to the offense
    6. OT Matt Patchan I want to stick with this pick as well, dude is talented and healthy now, great ft for ZBS
    7. WR Kevin Norwood Good size at 6-2, 200 lbs, sub 4.5 40- solid WR lost in the shuffle in a deep WR class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNneHzV5p8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzc2bOu6S8Y ran a 4.39 previously, had a bad start and still ran a 4.48- smooth, fast athlete
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlygLcdCoOU will go up to get the ball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB9JUvCDFro watch him work the sideline, sneaky awareness, cagey, smooth hands
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qg6xEdqtwk watch the nice acceleration after the catch, determination/hurdle at :18
    Last edited by jim1; 04-12-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Madridfinfan I like both

Jim1, sorry to say but I dislike both
    Identify the 4 positions of strength in the draft, then double up on each........ if possible

Tailor Free Agency accordingly, so that your need is these 4 strengths

2014 draft - RB - WR - OT - OG

1-Carlos Hyde RB Ohio St.
    2-Marcus Martin OG/C USC
    3-Donte Moncrief WR Mississippi
    4-David Yankey OG Stanford
    5-Seantrel Henderson OT Miami
    6-Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill
    7-Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like both, option A a little more. I'd be very pleased with Ryan Shazier. I love that he can move inside on passing downs, which would allow the team to get Jordan (at LB), Vernon and Wake on the field at the same time. I love the Billy Turner pick in R2 --- him or James from Tennessee would be my 2nd round targets if the Dolphins go a position other than offensive line in round 1.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Ok, here's two more:

Mock A:

1. WR Brandin Cooks Electric in the slot, brings a ton of speed and quicks, fantastic kick returner as well
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy Just a good football player, preparing fro Philip Wheeler to get punted Reggie Roby style out of the building
    3. DE James Gayle Good player off the edge, more of a pure DE to let Jordan play OLB or more of an elephant position
    4. OG Trai Turner Strong, mobile, young player at a need position
    5. OT Michael Schofield Solid yet unspectacular- similar to Ju'wan James and Jack Mewhort in that regard, tough, moves well
    6. OT Matt Patchan Gamble on a talented yet frequently injured player that I'll take, especially at a need position
    7. WR Shaquelle Evans Could be a good late round pick up a la Rishard Mathews. Size, speed, quicks, has a burst.

Mock B

1. OT Zack Martin Just a solid, versatile player at a need position with outstanding intangibles. Might not make it to #19
    2. WR Martavis Bryant Gamble on greatness- has size and speed, good lateral movement and has a burst
    3. DE James Gayle See above, just a good football player who can really get after the QB
    4. OG Trai Turner I don't want to budge on this one either, see above
    5. TE AC Leonard Take a chance on a fast, athletic TE who's only 6-2.5 but brings talent and speed to the offense
    6. OT Matt Patchan I want to stick with this pick as well, dude is talented and healthy now, great ft for ZBS
    7. WR Kevin Norwood Good size at 6-2, 200 lbs, sub 4.5 40- solid WR lost in the shuffle in a deep WR class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNneHzV5p8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzc2bOu6S8Y ran a 4.39 previously, had a bad start and still ran a 4.48- smooth, fast athlete
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlygLcdCoOU will go up to get the ball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB9JUvCDFro watch him work the sideline, sneaky awareness, cagey, smooth hands
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qg6xEdqtwk watch the nice acceleration after the catch, determination/hurdle at :18
    I'm a big, big fan of Brandin Cooks. I think if the team goes that route, they have to go offensive line in the 2nd. Your second option does a really good job fixing the offensive line and Bryant is intriguing as that bigger wideout the Dolphins could use.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madridfinfan View Post
    Hey fellow finfans. a bit bored here on a saturday morning. Thought Id throw this out there too see what you guys think. Bombs away.

mock A
    1 OLB R.Shazier (can play in_out, adds a dimension we don't have, unless of course philbin decides to play jordan a lot more at LB)
    2 OT B.Turner (should be plug and play RT)
    3 SS D.Bucannon (would be a nice complement to Jones, insurance in case Delmas´injury history gets the better of him, not content with WIlson as our 3rd S)
    4 RB A.Williams (should add the bruiser body that DT never was)
    5 OG T.Turner (should also be a potential starter, if not, solid depth)
    6 TE C.Lyerla (worth the gamble, cant teach height, red zone threat we desperately need)
    7 WR J.Janis (another big receiving threat)

mock B
    1 TE E.Ebron will provide what we've neglected for years, a seam threat TE)
    2 ILB C. Borland (not the most athletic, but intangibles off the charts)
    3 RB J.Hill (incredibly talented big bodied back)
    4 OT J.Hurst (injury drops his stock, if recovers well, should be day 1 starter)
    5 OG T.Turner (see above)
    6 SS I.Lewis (played on MichSt. all world D and secondary, could be sleeper if lasts this long)
    7 WR J.Janis (see above)
    Williams isn't my favorite RB, but if you can get Shazier and Bucannon, you won't hear me complain about much else. Shazier, Bucannon, and both Turners . . . Yeah, that'd be exceptional.

Realistic? Maybe not, but I'd be stoked if it happened. I prefer option 1 to option 2 - by a wide margin.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Mock B much better. Not sure about Borland Pick. I would tend to pick the best DT in the second round. Look for ILB in the 5th round.
    Quote Quote