Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Hypothetical Mocks:

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bucanons not getting to that 3rd rounder may not get to 50...James Gayle in the 3rd round would be Ireland day 2 level bad value...

If you want Bucannon you better take it at 50 if its still there...he's on my pick 50 target list
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Bucanons not getting to that 3rd rounder may not get to 50...James Gayle in the 3rd round would be Ireland day 2 level bad value...

If you want Bucannon you better take it at 50 if its still there...he's on my pick 50 target list
    Would love Bucannon at 50, and depending upon the players still available, I think you can justify taking him at 19. As much as I hope something good happens with Jordan, our D would have looked a lot better with Eric Reid back there last season, and he would have been worth the 12th pick (not saying he would have been the best option, but certainly worth the pick). This draft is stronger, so I'm assuming there will be players I prefer at 19, but he's a 1st RD talent. I have him as a top 15 player (14). If I did draft another player in the 1st, he's one of the few guys who might be in the 2nd that I'd be willing to trade up for.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I have doubts that Gayle will even make it to the 3rd round much less be a bad value there. He's a heck of a player and edge rusher as a 4/e DE and I think that he's better suited for that position than Dion Jordan. A shade under 6-4 and 260 lbs, ran a 4.7 at the combine and strong at 26 reps. Those are all nice numbers, but even better is his play against the run and burst/ability to bend the arc. I'd consider us fortunate if we could draft him in the 3rd rd.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gayle will never get to the qb in the pros you are gonna waste a high pick on a guy with 2 deep de locks already in front of him and get no snaps out of him barring injury...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gayle will never get to the qb in the pros you are gonna waste a high pick on a guy with 2 deep de locks already in front of him and get no snaps out of him barring injury...
    Well, in my opinion you're dead wrong on that one and his body of work, ability and combine size/speed/strength numbers say otherwise. All just opinions, but I think that he is one heck of a 4/3 DE prospect worthy of a 2nd rd pick and for sure a 3rd.

ps I was just watching some film of Gayle vs Morgan Moses, reminds me of why I like both. Moses is a load and has pretty good feet, solid in the run and pass games. nearly ideal size, but the question to me is whether he's a 1st or 2nd rd guy, and I'm leaning to the late 1st and early/mid 2nd. Very solid yet unspectacular, nonetheless a very good player.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gayle wouldn't beat anyone out in that 2 deep de rotation...Shelby is the best run defender of the group they aren't losing his snaps...gayle projects as a poor mans Vernon with even less pass rush upside...

He never even sniffed a win at the senior bowl pass rush one on one reps...if someone wants that on day 2 go with god...
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take the player out of it from a positional value even the only way a gayle pick would make sense is if dion Jordan was either moved to lb or off the team...that's the only way a 4th de makes sense for the rotation...

Anyways just how I see it...if Jordan is here and playing de I would loathe that pick...honestly for what I see from the kid pass rush tools wise I'd loathe the pick either way...would not draft
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gayle wouldn't beat anyone out in that 2 deep de rotation...Shelby is the best run defender of the group they aren't losing his snaps...gayle projects as a poor mans Vernon with even less pass rush upside...

He never even sniffed a win at the senior bowl pass rush one on one reps...if someone wants that on day 2 go with god...
    I see him as a natural replacement for Wake as Wake gets older and as a natural 4/3 DE, unlike Jordan. His size, speed, strength, burst and ability to get after it in college tell a different story to me. 138 tackles and 22 sacks isn't bad for a college career- to me it's his ability to bend the arc and put pressure on the outside edge, plus play the run well that grabbed my attention. He's a productive, fast and talented attack piece that you want at 4/3 DE, but anyway we'll see what happens. I don't think that he escapes the 3rd round.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take the player out of it from a positional value even the only way a gayle pick would make sense is if dion Jordan was either moved to lb or off the team...that's the only way a 4th de makes sense for the rotation...

Anyways just how I see it...if Jordan is here and playing de I would loathe that pick...honestly for what I see from the kid pass rush tools wise I'd loathe the pick either way...would not draft
    There would be some redundancy if Jordan stays at DE, and to me that would be a mistake. Regardless, I like Gayle quite a bit as well rounded 4/3 DE and I think that he'll do well in the pros. If you don't see ability in him as an edge rusher and a good 4/3 DE run defender, I'll just agree to disagree.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd wait for one of 3 things before I started planning for wakes replacement...signs of fall off as a pass rusher when healthy signs of a player being at the stage he's unable to stay healthy or signs from dion Jordan as in legit production and a counter that he's ready to take the mantle...

We haven't had proof of any of em yet...although I will say that he appears to be a slower healer than I had hoped for...
    Quote Quote