Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to draft!

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    I really think Christian Hackenberg is going to be the best QB prospect in a long, long time. 6'4 with above average athleticism, absolute cannon for an arm, but what's most impressive is his footwork. He has "quiet feet" on his drops. The more you have going on with your feet, the less accurate of a passer you will be. He is extremely smooth in that department for an 18 year old true frosh. I would argue that his footwork was cleaner than anyone in college football last year.. just wait till he gets 2 more years.. arm is only going to get stronger
    I respect your opinion, you probably watch a lot more Penn State games than me. However, I'm really interested in your thoughts re Allen Robinson, the WR? How good is he? Because he is bigger and more physical than any WR that we currently have on the roster, he appeals a lot. Welcome your thoughts..
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think too many fans get caught up in draft grades...a 96 versus 95....this about building a team not winning a draft guru contest.

If a 95 at a position of great need is there versus a 96 at a position of depth...you take the 95.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    I respect your opinion, you probably watch a lot more Penn State games than me. However, I'm really interested in your thoughts re Allen Robinson, the WR? How good is he? Because he is bigger and more physical than any WR that we currently have on the roster, he appeals a lot. Welcome your thoughts..

Allen Robinson > Kelvin Benjamin.. 19 is too high but I have him in that early 2nd range.. Pull the trigger if he makes it to 50 no doubt.. Miami needs that big bodied receiver to win those 50/50 balls.. He's also very skilled after the catch..
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    I think too many fans get caught up in draft grades...a 96 versus 95....this about building a team not winning a draft guru contest.

If a 95 at a position of great need is there versus a 96 at a position of depth...you take the 95.
    Another key thing to look at is positional value.. Safety is the most scarce position in the league.. a 4-3 Will is also very scarce.. So I think if you have guys equally graded, you have to go with the rare position.. They're are at least 10-12 "Franchise" left tackles.. But the only "franchise" free safeties are Byrd, Earl, McCourty, and Weddle.. So I would have guys like Calvin Pryor, Ha Ha, and Shazier pretty high on my board..
    Quote Quote