Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Jeremy Hill #1 per Rotoworld

  1. -1
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,524
    vCash:
    8703
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin

    Jeremy Hill #1 per Rotoworld



    According to Rotoworld, Hill surpassed Hyde as the number one preferred back.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131161/jeremy-hill

    NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted most of the teams he talks to prefer LSU RB Jeremy Hill over Ohio State's Carlos Hyde.
    We are extremely surprised to hear this, as Hyde has consistently been mentioned as the top running back. Hill does have a higher tackle breaking percentage, but both runners excel at picking up yards after contact. Hyde did take a large step forward this year. Apr 10 - 1:09 PM
    Not that we'd get either Hyde or Hill, but it's interesting. And when you look at all the backs, it makes sense in a lot of ways. Some backs are big, and other backs shifty, but neither may have real burst to the hole, which is a concern in the NFL when holes are closing faster than in college.

    So if you value certain criteria, and want to figure out which backs in the draft have a) BURST, b) SIZE, can somewhat c) CATCH and PASS PROTECT, and is d) DURABLE..I come up with really just one name - Jeremy Hill. He comes out of the SEC, behind a pro style offense, against defenses that stacked the box with 8 or more defenders on half of his carries, and still got 7.9 yards between the tackles. He's got off field issues, but hey...this player is going to be snatched up quickly. In fact, I think all the backs are going to end up going a little higher than everyone thinks.


    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,116
    vCash:
    8687
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's a notable gap between Hill and the 2nd best RB in this class (Hyde, for me). He's a natural runner that has the right combination of power and quickness. I have him as the 19th best player in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,524
    vCash:
    8703
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    I like Hyde too, because he's that country-strong kind of back, huge...and can still catch if you need him to. He would do what neither Moreno or Miller (or Thomas) can do. But really, when you want all the factors, that burst....all of it, its only Hill.

    If you scratch off Hill and Hyde, I guess Mason, there's a couple other backs which have BURST, like Ka’Deem Carey and Devonta Freeman. The Dolphins were interested in West, also. I hope we pick up a back in the draft so we can cut Daniel Thomas.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,524
    vCash:
    8703
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    J, what backs do you think will be available in the 4th, at our slot?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,116
    vCash:
    8687
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    I like Hyde too, because he's that country-strong kind of back, huge...and can still catch if you need him to. He would do what neither Moreno or Miller (or Thomas) can do. But really, when you want all the factors, that burst....all of it, its only Hill.

    If you scratch off Hill and Hyde, I guess Mason, there's a couple other backs which have BURST, like Ka’Deem Carey and Devonta Freeman. The Dolphins were interested in West, also. I hope we pick up a back in the draft so we can cut Daniel Thomas.
    I like Carey. In him, I see super quick feet and a great feel for the game. If he can play at 210+, it'd go a long way. If he were as fast as he is quick, he'd probably be considered an early-to-mid 2nd RD pick. After those three, I go Seastrunk and Mason - followed by guys like West and Freeman. I have Sankey as the most overrated RB - by draft boards, media, etc.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,524
    vCash:
    8703
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I like Carey. In him, I see super quick feet and a great feel for the game. If he can play at 210+, it'd go a long way. If he were as fast as he is quick, he'd probably be considered an early-to-mid 2nd RD pick. After those three, I go Seastrunk and Mason - followed by guys like West and Freeman. I have Sankey as the most overrated RB - by draft boards, media, etc.
    Agree on Sankey, I don't like him at all.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    DcRy82's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1401
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the guy had 0 catches, but other than that, why is nobody talking about Andre Williams? I think he might be the best pure runner in the draft. Has great vision, consistently saw 8 men in the box, very rarely tackled by first contact. I would love this kid in the 3rd/4th.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    nyfinzfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2003
    Posts:
    1,195
    vCash:
    2217
    Loc:
    Albion NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hill is the perfect compliment to what we have already. This is the guy we need.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,524
    vCash:
    8703
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by DcRy82 View Post
    I think the guy had 0 catches, but other than that, why is nobody talking about Andre Williams? I think he might be the best pure runner in the draft. Has great vision, consistently saw 8 men in the box, very rarely tackled by first contact. I would love this kid in the 3rd/4th.
    I wouldn't complain if we drafted him.

    The "other zero catches" part is big though. Not only was he dropping passing in games but he was terrible at the combine. These days, you have to catch. He's the old-school czonka type of back. No vision. Hopefully he can run over people at the NFL level, against bigger defenders, because if he can't that's not good. Would I want him? Sure, but Philbin won't.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    DKphin's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    6,862
    vCash:
    11168
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no denying his talent. It is the head you have to worry about.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. 0% Chance Miami Drafts Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill
    By futurescout in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 01:16 AM
  2. Jeremy Hill has declared
    By finsfanjay13 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 10:06 AM
  3. Just for fun: T-hill Homer vs T-hill Debbie
    By mega-fin-love in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 09:20 PM
  4. jeremy bloom?
    By leinart06 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •