Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hayden Fox's "Man Crush", Underrated and Overrated List

1. -11
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Some of those comments are a little curious. Manziel has a very solid arm, is highly mobile and his performance level is off the charts. He's short but like Drew Brees has big hands, which is obviously important for a passer. Greg Robinson is one of the most powerful OTs in recent memory with tremendous movement skills and as to Trai Turner, if you've watched him play his movement skills are very good, he's quick and has very good straight line speed. The guy is 6-2.5 310 lbs and ran a 4.93 at that size, which is not only excellent, it was the fastest time of any Guard at the combine. He plays fast and he is very fast for a man of his size- your comment that he's "Too slow footed to compete in the NFL" is a little absurd. Watch him play a bit, see for yourself.
    No issues on my end that you might disagree. That is what makes draft time fun.

Manziel I do think busts because he will not get away with his college decision making. Also, Robinson is strong and powerful, but has little experience in pass pro. He will be a good player, but the recent comparisons to HOFers is silly. Turner's workout does not match what I see during his games. Sometimes (like David Carr) that bothers me most about a player.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    No issues on my end that you might disagree. That is what makes draft time fun.

Manziel I do think busts because he will not get away with his college decision making. Also, Robinson is strong and powerful, but has little experience in pass pro. He will be a good player, but the recent comparisons to HOFers is silly. Turner's workout does not match what I see during his games. Sometimes (like David Carr) that bothers me most about a player.
    As to Greg Robinson, who is the last college OT that you've seen that had the power and explosion of Greg Robinson? Who is the last college OT that you've seen who has the combination of size, power, speed and agility that Robinson has?

Regarding Trai Turner, not only was he the fastest Guard at the combine, but he plays fast as well. Pulls fast, gets to the second level fast and is quick in getting where he has to go on the LOS. I don't agree with your comment at all as per Turner, but we all do have our own opinions and that's what makes the draft go round.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    If you're implying that Amaro is plenty physical, plenty strong, I agree. I think people see how much he lined up in the slot and assume that he's not an interested blocker or weak as a blocker. He has a big frame, and he - generally - uses it well. I don't think he's a 1st RD TE, but he's solid in the 2nd.
    I wasn't implying anything, I was generally wondering what he was talking about. When I watch amaro I like what I see, the guy is massive, and wherever he goes, IMO he will end up leading that team in targets, hes a massive sized Wes Welker. IMO that makes him worthy of a 1st rnd pick.

I would like to see him get physical though, but when Hayden says he doesn't like he's build, I really don't know what he's talking about.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's a great list. I'm also a big fan of Ryan Shazier and would love to get him at #19 and then a tackle like James in R2. I like CJ Mosley a lot, though, but I understand the injury concerns.

Some of my underrated are James Wilder Jr. In terms of a power, short-yardage, complement to Lamar Miller this guy has what you are looking for. And, he could be had late in the draft. I think Gaines on Missouri is really under the radar as well. Would be a nice pickup in the 3rd round range. Plays the ball very well. I agree with you on Kelcy Quarles and another DT that I think isn't getting enough talk is Jones on Penn State. He's mostly a run stuffer, but does get pressure. Shaw on Florida State is a late round wr that I like.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I agree with a lot of this, but I'm going to pick one player from each list to agree with and one to disagree with.

Agree: Ryan Shazier - I don't think most fans understand how many plays there are for the WLB in this defense, and Shazier isn't a player you can get in any draft. When he takes his firs snap as a rookie, he'll be one of the 2 or 3 most talented players at his position in the NFL (whether he's a WILB in a 3-4 or a WOLB in a 4-3). Aside from Robinson and Clowney, he's the only player in the draft with that kind of talent relative to his (would-be) peers. He also had one of the most productive two-year runs you'll ever see from a LB.

Disagree: Chris Borland - Good player, but he's not very good athlete, and his size is a concern. Said it in a different thread, but for him to be a good, starting LB in the NFL, his instincts and football IQ will have to be off the charts. That's a lot to expect from a guy and extremely difficult to project (imo).

Agree: Allen Robinson - Might not be a 1st RD player in this draft, but he would be in most. His lack of top-end speed isn't deal breaker for me. His RAC ability is outstanding - probably the most underrated WR in the draft in that regard. He can also high-point the ball.

Disagree: Martavis Bryant - He's a risk/reward guy, and as such, I think he's appropriately ranked in that 3rd-4th RD range.

Agree: Kelvin Benjamin - On the brink of too big, and he's an overrated athlete. I agree that he'll have a hard time creating separation in the NFL, and if I'm taking a guy on upside, I want better upside than he provides.

Disagree: Greg Robinson - Alluded to it when covering Shazier, but he's going to be one of the best 2 or 3 athletes at his position from Day 1. He's the best run blocker I've ever seen at the college level, and he has the feet and size to excel in pass protection. I rarely use the term weapon when discussing O-linemen, but Robinson will be just that. Whether you need him to collapse an entire side of the line or you need him to get out in space, he can do it all. If I'm a LB or DB playing against Robinson, I'm afraid for my life.
    Another advantage to Shazier is that you can move him inside on passing downs. That would give Miami the chance to get Jordan, Vernon and Wake on the field in passing downs (Jordan at LB in that scenario). I like Borland, but my question with him is in coverage. I think that's his weakness, but I love everything else about his game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jordan and Shazier at LB in the nickel defense is exciting! Shazier is a football player with outstanding physical talents unmatched at his position! He alone would make this defense play to what we expect as a top 10 defense. He is exactly what we need.
    "Hit Hard, Hit Fast and Hit Often!"
    -Admiral "Bull" Halsey

Most of the all, the single most important criteria we must strive for is to bring impact players at impact positions to impact our seasons so that we can impact the post season!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shazier should also be there at 19.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope that Greg Robinson is considered overrated. He's probably the only offensive lineman that I'd be happy with Miami drafting at #19.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albion NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Id draft Jeremy Hill and not look back. 3rd and 1s suddenly become makeable. Give me this power back to go with Miller and Moreno.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets see some other posters man crush and overrated lists.
    Quote Quote