Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins to host Marqise Lee tomorrow

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    when this guy had a decent qb he was unstoppable. Could instantly fix our return problems too
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would welcome him with open arms. We need that Roddy White type of player.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lee was underrated for a while due to too much preoccupation with drops.

I never understand that. If a receiver isn't dangerous enough or instinctive enough, that shows up on every play. But if you bypass a guy due to concern about his hands, you better be damned confident in the guy you end up with instead. After all, when a guy like Lee bursts into the clear, and suddenly he's not on your team only because you hated his hands, you've got to be petrified, and the odds are hardly in your favor. Do you really think he's going to drop that ball? What are the odds on that? The difference in catch percentage between the guy with the fewest drops in the league and the most drops in the league is very low. It's an overstated category.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't think of a draft where Miami brought in more of the players I like as good fits for us. Every day another name I would be happy to see crop up in our draft is brought in. I have no idea about how good a talent evaluator Hickey is or whether these visits are genuine, but it's refreshing to be in the lead-up to the draft and not be dreading that we're going to p*** our picks up a tree.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertHorry View Post
    In our offense yea. Mike Evans is massively overrated. I would try to snag Watkins or Cooks. Cooks is going to be a beast. I Lee a lot, don't get me wrong though. Don't like Evans at all.
    i'm not an evans guy either...more finished product already...the top 10 talk is nuts there...he doesn't play anywherre near as fast as his timed speed either...

cooks is nice no doubt about it explosive as heck...i hear the jets at 18 are giving him strong consideration...makes sense to pair him with decker

lees nasty after the catch and in the open field...he's got a nose for the end zone...you can tell though he's not a burner on his tape even...but he plays as fast as he times which a lot of guys dont do...play at least as fast as they time
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want a WR in the first round unless Evans miraculously falls to us. Oline, Eric Ebron or LB. In that order.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don't like evans. looks slow to me, can't see him getting very open against man in the nfl....I don't understand why , beyond his physical attributes, he is so highly regarded. I really like lee for our offense, and would be happy if we drafted him. it's all gonna depend on who's still on the board at 19....will be a fun draft day that's for sure.

mosley
    lee
    ebron
    lewan
    martin

really hope it's one of those 5....
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    This clip makes me think about Matt Barkley. I had a problem with a couple of things with him as a prospect- a less than elite arm and the hype became at some point that he's a can't miss, elite, top 5 QB who may be better then Andrew Luck, etc. That being said- the guy is a darned good Quarterback. He was a steal in the 4th rd for the Eagles, the Jets screwed up by not drafting him in the 2nd round instead of Geno Smith (and they screwed the pooch the year before by passing on Russell Wilson- for that matter the Jaguars drafted a PUNTER when Wilson was on the board).

With Nick Foles settling in to the starting role it will be interesting to see what the Eagles do with Barkley, similar situation to the Redskins with Kirk Cousins. Barkley can throw the pill, is nimble in the pocket and has imo solid pocket presence and a good football head on his shoulders, good field general. If I needed a QB I'd certainly look at getting him in a trade- while not one of my personal favorites, Barkley is a solid QB.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lee has fallen more because other WRs have been killing it at their pro days, but it wasn't that long ago Lee in some peoples' eyes was on the same level as Sammy Watkins (I always had Watkins as the number 1 WR though... top 5 WR prospect in the last decade). A healthy Lee is the number 2 WR in the class and in my opinion it's not even close. The thing is, he battled injuries all season and hasn't really impressed THAT much during the workout process. Not that he hasn't been bad, he just hasn't had the momentum others have.

And before anybody says this is insurance for Gibson/Hartline... not really. The WRs we're looking at add something different to our offense (potentially) from what we have. And we have to remember that we do have a new OC so maybe Lazor wants something a bit different in his receivers from Sherman's system.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins must draft a receiver somewhere. The receiving corp is a bit overrated in my opinion. Wallace drops a few too many, Hartline is okay, but not great, Gibson is coming off of an injury, Binns is coming off of injury and did not have a chance to show and prove during regular season, and Matthews is on his way. I would add another top notch receiver to the mix in sort of a battle royal. Let the best four or five stick and push each other. In a passing league, Tannehill needs targets. In terms of the line, good picks can be made later on. The Dolphins have the center and left tackle. They just need the right guys for the inside, and that can be found later on in the draft. Playmakers are needed a bit more.
    Quote Quote