Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins to host Marqise Lee tomorrow

1. -41
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Lee has fallen more because other WRs have been killing it at their pro days, but it wasn't that long ago Lee in some peoples' eyes was on the same level as Sammy Watkins (I always had Watkins as the number 1 WR though... top 5 WR prospect in the last decade). A healthy Lee is the number 2 WR in the class and in my opinion it's not even close. The thing is, he battled injuries all season and hasn't really impressed THAT much during the workout process. Not that he hasn't been bad, he just hasn't had the momentum others have.

And before anybody says this is insurance for Gibson/Hartline... not really. The WRs we're looking at add something different to our offense (potentially) from what we have. And we have to remember that we do have a new OC so maybe Lazor wants something a bit different in his receivers from Sherman's system.
    It'll be interesting to see how far he falls due to the workouts, my guess is we're doing our due diligence on him in case he makes it to 50, not as a first round prospect, though I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 19 just based on that highlight reel alone. Its obvious from the highlight reel he's fast as hell when healthy, after making one catch it literally looks like he goes into turbo mode and just runs away from everybody.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Great news. Draft him.

Desperately need a right tackle? Trade up. What are you going to do with those fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh round picks? Draft another Josh Kaddu?
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    corner Zzyzx & Gypsy rds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Lee was underrated for a while due to too much preoccupation with drops.

I never understand that. If a receiver isn't dangerous enough or instinctive enough, that shows up on every play. But if you bypass a guy due to concern about his hands, you better be damned confident in the guy you end up with instead. After all, when a guy like Lee bursts into the clear, and suddenly he's not on your team only because you hated his hands, you've got to be petrified, and the odds are hardly in your favor. Do you really think he's going to drop that ball? What are the odds on that? The difference in catch percentage between the guy with the fewest drops in the league and the most drops in the league is very low. It's an overstated category.
    When drops do occur, its Tannehill's fault.
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I never understand that. If a receiver isn't dangerous enough or instinctive enough, that shows up on every play. But if you bypass a guy due to concern about his hands, you better be damned confident in the guy you end up with instead. After all, when a guy like Lee bursts into the clear, and suddenly he's not on your team only because you hated his hands, you've got to be petrified, and the odds are hardly in your favor. Do you really think he's going to drop that ball? What are the odds on that? The difference in catch percentage between the guy with the fewest drops in the league and the most drops in the league is very low. It's an overstated category.
    Huh??
    1. Larry Fitzgerald 1 drop, 83 catchable, 1.20 drop rate
    78. Davone Bess 14 drops, 56 catchable, 25.00 drop rate

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...drop-rate-wrs/
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dont be suprised if we can get him in the second. he's in the second teir of receivers, behind odb, watkins, and evans.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm absolutely fine drafting a playmaker instead of a tackle.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

I got over the whole "Hands" thing long ago.

Crabtree, for instance, alwasy highpointed the ball well in school, but alligator armed the hell
    out of the ball in the NFC championship, and, wasn't aggressive/hasn't been aggressive to the ball
    at all.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess that it gets down to evaluating the drop-off in talent of O-linemen and mike linebackers, in assessing a high luxury pick on a ranked top playmaker. It would be very nice to have the luxury to draft Marquis Lee (or another top WR prospect like Allen Robinson) if we knew that there was a high likelihood of decent O-linemen that fit the ZBS will be available in later rounds. However, the risk averse evaluator quotes a line from the movie, Dead Poet Society - gather ye rosebuds while ye may - ie get your most basic needs as soon as you can.
    It will be really interesting to see the decision that Hickey makes in 3 weeks. Play it relatively safe or take a decent risk.

The actual quote is from the poem - To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time
    By Robert Herrick
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    I guess that it gets down to evaluating the drop-off in talent of O-linemen and mike linebackers, in assessing a high luxury pick on a ranked top playmaker. It would be very nice to have the luxury to draft Marquis Lee (or another top WR prospect like Allen Robinson) if we knew that there was a high likelihood of decent O-linemen that fit the ZBS will be available in later rounds. However, the risk averse evaluator quotes a line from the movie, Dead Poet Society - gather ye rosebuds while ye may - ie get your most basic needs as soon as you can.
    It will be really interesting to see the decision that Hickey makes in 3 weeks. Play it relatively safe or take a decent risk.

The actual quote is from the poem - To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time
    By Robert Herrick
    With virgins, the paradigm remains the same.

With positions and players, it shifts.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand why Miami could be interested in a WR @ #19. I figure with 2 highly priced WR's already on the roster in Hartline and Wallace, drafting their POTENTIAL replacement makes sense in a very, very deep WR class. Another reason could be just getting value at #19 because your need of an O-Lineman doesn't meet the value unless it's Zach Martin, who may not be available. Lee is supremely talented and is going somewhat under the radar or under appreciated in the 1st round. I believe in any other less talented draft, Lee would certainly be discussed in the top 8-10 picks. I like the due diligence being done by Miami with regards to the WR's they seem to be interested in and have been meeting with. Lee is polished and a playmaker with the ball in his hands. I like his game alot and feel he'd not only would make Miami's WR core one of the best in the NFL, but also give Miami cap flexibility 2-3 years down the road, when Tannehill's contract is up for renewal. While I understand the arguments being made about Lee's injuries and drops, I'm not sure those negatives take away from the actual talent level he possesses and brings to the table in year 1, as opposed to drafting someone else and having to develop that player. I would rather not reach for a player at #19, if Zach Martin is not available, and draft the most talented player available whether it be a WR, Safety or LB.
    Quote Quote