Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Philbin- Good Coach or Bad Coach

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Based on the information we have nobody can say one way or the other and anybody that says they can is full of ****.

What we do know is Ireland was terrible.
    No one can know how they feel about Philbin after two years as our HC, and if they think they do know how they feel about him they are full of **** ?? REALLY ?? But you know how you feel about Ireland?? LOL wow!! No control issues with you

As for Philbin I feel like a lot of the others, this will be the final deciding year. I have to say there is a lot more to dislike than to like at this point. To come out after the bye week and lay an egg vs a division rival at home is completely unacceptable. Finishing off the season with two straight "win and your in" games and lose them both while looking unprepared is not something that gives me confidence that we have the right guy.

I will let this year be the deciding factor but I have to admit he is paddling up stream. He has to show he can hold the team together a lot better than he did last year. The dolphins had the talent last year to be in the playoffs and we missed out. We had a locker room meltdown and some how the coach gets a pass on both. I'm not sure we got rid of all the problems, but I will support him for one more year. If we miss the playoffs this year, I want him OUT, no excuses!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    No one can know how they feel about Philbin after two years as our HC, and if they think they do know how they feel about him they are full of **** ?? REALLY ?? But you know how you feel about Ireland?? LOL wow!! No control issues with you
    !
    You think the jury is still out on Ireland?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, Tx and Bali, Indo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't/didn't want him fired but I will be keep my mind open to it as this season goes along.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    You think the jury is still out on Ireland?
    Nope, nor did it take me 2+ years to make my opinion. He is/was one of the worst drafting GMs around but understood the cap, and was one of the better GMs at negotiations. I didn't hate him, nor did I hate to see him go, but I can't yet say what we now have is any better. I can't see how Hickey could be any worse at drafting if he tried, but the free agents we have signed have not impressed me. Our most pressing need of the offseason was 3 OL and 1 or 2 LBs. We have signed 1 starting OL and no LBs. Shelly is a backup at best and I would have much rather had Monroe than Albert, but I will support Hickey until we have a little more to go on.

Personally I felt that Philbin had more to do with the failures of last season than Ireland. We had plenty of talent to make a playoff run and seemed unprepared in the biggest games of the season. That is on the coach not the GM. I will be the first to say the talent was not great, and we could use an upgrade at the GM position, but I don't see how Philbin skated on the locker room meltdown, nor the last season crash and burn. But I also see that the best teams are the ones that don't change things around every season so I have no probelm with keeping Philbin, but only for one more year. He has to show more than he has so far or he has to go.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He did a good job keeping his players focused during the Incognito-Martin shindig, but just doesn't know how to get extra out of his players. He reminds me of a manager, not a coach.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    He may be a good coach, but he is not a great coach. Last season, after the Martin/Incognito fiasco, a great coach gets his team focused on the task at hand and gets them to avoid distration. What do we do? Come out and lay an egg against Tampa Bay. Their third string RB killed us. How many times have you seen us come out in the second half and outplay our opponents-not much. Usually it's the opposite; no halftime adjustment skills. The last two games were the dagger in the heart for me. You only have to win one game against two crappy opponents. We didn't just lose, we looked horrible doing it. That was it for me and I personally thought there should have been a clean house this offseason. Maybe he will improve; I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Einhorn is Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    I'm still not sure....those last two games hurt his "good coach" ranking, but the fact he won 8 games with the talent (or lack there of) he has also means something....I'm glad he is getting another season....I'm on the....if Tannehill improves, so will Philbin....
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
    I'm still not sure....those last two games hurt his "good coach" ranking, but the fact he won 8 games with the talent (or lack there of) he has also means something....I'm glad he is getting another season....I'm on the....if Tannehill improves, so will Philbin....
    But if Tannehill becomes a great QB, it doesn't mean Philbin is any better of a coach. Any great QB can make a coach look good. Who wouldn't want to be Peyton Manning's offensive co-ordinator? Just get out of the way and wait for head coaching interviews to come.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Einhorn is Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaFinFan78 View Post
    But if Tannehill becomes a great QB, it doesn't mean Philbin is any better of a coach. Any great QB can make a coach look good. Who wouldn't want to be Peyton Manning's offensive co-ordinator? Just get out of the way and wait for head coaching interviews to come.
    That's 90% of the coaches in the NFL....they live and die by their QB play....
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaFinFan78 View Post
    You understand that's pretty much how the world works, right?

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote