Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports Buzz: Dolphins Focusing on WRs in Draft

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sports Buzz: Dolphins Focusing on WRs in Draft

We reported in recent days that the Dolphins have summoned Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant and Mississippi receiver Donte Moncrief to team headquarters to meet with coaches and front-office officials. (Both are likely second- or third-round picks.)

And a source confirmed tonight that USC receiver Marqise Lee will visit Dolphins headquarters on Tuesday, as first reported this evening by ESPN’s James Walker. That means at least three of the Dolphins’ 30 permitted visits will involve receivers, a position that might be their deepest on the team.

If Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin is available at No. 19, it would be surprising if the Dolphins opted for Lee instead. But if Martin is off the board at No. 19, everything is in play. And the Dolphins are showing more interest in receivers than most expected.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good...if Hickey truly is a BPA type of GM then there will be a solid chance that a WR would be the BPA at some point...probably early.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No Odell Beckham. Spesh is going to be mad.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think that a case could be made for Lee in the first and imo Brandin Cooks, even though he doesn't fit the size profile that Philbin wants. 2nd/3rd rds- Moncrief, Bryant and I would add Jordan Matthews to that list.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lee seems like a good scheme fit, and exactly the type of wr philbin covets.

With three wrs with knee injuries, it's not surprising were looking hard at WR.

And I also think hartline is a joke of a #2 WR. I don't know why he gets such a pass around here, but he makes no plays and is way to reliant on double and triple moves to create separation. I wonder how many times tannehill got sacked waiting for him to get open.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    Lee seems like a good scheme fit, and exactly the type of wr philbin covets.

With three wrs with knee injuries, it's not surprising were looking hard at WR.

And I also think hartline is a joke of a #2 WR. I don't know why he gets such a pass around here, but he makes no plays and is way to reliant on double and triple moves to create separation. I wonder how many times tannehill got sacked waiting for him to get open.
    Hartline is decent, but the team ended up paying around $6 million a year for a pretty good receiver, not a whole lot more than that imo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting. I think everyone of these guys are the big bodied type. Which is what we need
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    Interesting. I think everyone of these guys are the big bodied type. Which is what we need
    Moncrief and Matthews fit the bill, tall and relatively thick, muscular receivers. Bryant is a little more slender but he's a big one at 6-4, 211 lbs.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice to hear they're looking at wide receivers. Class is too damn good to ignore.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Moncrief and Matthews fit the bill, tall and relatively thick, muscular receivers. Bryant is a little more slender but he's a big one at 6-4, 211 lbs.
    I'd think Philbin/Hickey will be looking rather hard at Matthews. He could be available at 50 and he fits the 'high character' profile that Philbin/Hickey likes.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love to get another guy on the outside and maybe find a home for Hartline in the slot and Wallace and Lee on the outside. I like that more than anything. Lee was so good two years ago I think he's been undervalued now.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote