Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports Buzz: Dolphins Focusing on WRs in Draft

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline is best on the boundary where he makes a living on outs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    Hartline is best on the boundary where he makes a living on outs.
    His ability to run outs would be amazing in the slot.

Imagine the combo routes him and Wallace on the same side could run. Wallace runs a post clearing out and Hartline runs a out with nothing but green in front of him.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin View Post
    His ability to run outs would be amazing in the slot.

Imagine the combo routes him and Wallace on the same side could run. Wallace runs a post clearing out and Hartline runs a out with nothing but green in front of him.
    I guess that's true i never thought of that
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I cannot see us using the #19 overall pick on a WR. Look at all of the hype over Tavon Austin last year...I know I got hooked in with his speed as well, BUT there are a lot of very good WR's who will be there from Round 2 onward, if we go down that road. I think we need a TE before possibly adding another WR.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I cannot see us using the #19 overall pick on a WR. Look at all of the hype over Tavon Austin last year...I know I got hooked in with his speed as well, BUT there are a lot of very good WR's who will be there from Round 2 onward, if we go down that road. I think we need a TE before possibly adding another WR.
    Its not that I don't agree but the argument to that is Hartline and Gibson both coming off injuries. Lee two years ago was a top 5 pick. At 19 he's s steal in my mind. Keenan Allen of this year but will be taken in the first.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins wide receivers are probably average as a group, decent for sure. But in a passing league decent isn't going to get you very far. I know the team has other glaring needs, but there are so many good wide receivers in this draft that it makes sense to get one. I love Cooks at #19 or Matthews at #50.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Austin showed flashes and let's not forget that he was a rookie receiver. I think that he'll make a quantum leap in the next two years. Cooks is thick, fluid, extremely fast and quick with soft hands. He has everything except height and imo he'll be a terror in the slot for some team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A GMs job is to focus on all areas of personnel.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    Lee seems like a good scheme fit, and exactly the type of wr philbin covets.

With three wrs with knee injuries, it's not surprising were looking hard at WR.

And I also think hartline is a joke of a #2 WR. I don't know why he gets such a pass around here, but he makes no plays and is way to reliant on double and triple moves to create separation. I wonder how many times tannehill got sacked waiting for him to get open.

You know that Hartline had back to back 1000 yard seasons and was more productive than Wallace?
    He has a pretty good game between the 10 yard lines. He is a good player with legit very good long speed for us as a number 2.
    If anything those WR's they are bringing in are to replace Wallace and unload his contract.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    We reported in recent days that the Dolphins have summoned Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant and Mississippi receiver Donte Moncrief to team headquarters to meet with coaches and front-office officials. (Both are likely second- or third-round picks.)

And a source confirmed tonight that USC receiver Marqise Lee will visit Dolphins headquarters on Tuesday, as first reported this evening by ESPN’s James Walker. That means at least three of the Dolphins’ 30 permitted visits will involve receivers, a position that might be their deepest on the team.

If Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin is available at No. 19, it would be surprising if the Dolphins opted for Lee instead. But if Martin is off the board at No. 19, everything is in play. And the Dolphins are showing more interest in receivers than most expected.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    I like them thinking about WR, but Idk about marqise lee. He;s a quick, fast play maker, but he's on the smaller side I think and fins already have a fast WR with Wallace. I think fins need a big WR now to help them in redzone and get pts which was the fins downfall and I think what caused fins to miss out on making the playoffs. So if they get a WR I want them to get a guy like Kelvin Benjamin but if he's taken, then Mike Evans.
    Quote Quote