Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill - Wallace Overthrows & Underthrows

1. -1
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Video 1 Tannehill - Wallace Overthrows & Underthrows

Saw this a while back figured I'd post this Since i haven't seen it on here.

It's pretty hard to watch all of the yards/td's we left on the field this year.

Love Tannehill but a lot of these are EASY throws for an NFL QB, He simply HAS to get better (which we all already know)

MasterMathais19 is the owner on youtube
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    pass rush was a non-factor. just bad throws.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by next-year View Post
    Saw this a while back figured I'd post this Since i haven't seen it on here.

It's pretty hard to watch all of the yards/td's we left on the field this year.

Love Tannehill but a lot of these are EASY throws for an NFL QB, He simply HAS to get better (which we all already know)

MasterMathais19 is the owner on youtube
    True because Wallace would have easily broke the NFL record for TDs and thats being modest
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    We need better LBs!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller
    The good news is that their timing should get better with a year under their belt. If Tannehill makes the leap this year and we stay healthy, we can go deep in the playoffs.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the thing that bothers me isn't tannehills over and under throws, because ben under threw and over threw him plenty. I'ts the fact that alot of these balls could be caught-- with more effort on mike wallaces part. You aren't going to run under every pass and stroll into the endzone. sometimes, you have to lay out or fight for the ball. Most of these balls are catchable!
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Those passes were not perfect and Tanne needs to improve no doubt.....but Wallace could have caught pretty much all of them. That girly bitch needs to lay out for the ball once in a while and show some damn fight.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    305 S.Mia all day
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I count 2 plays in the vid in where he couldve laid out.

And what about laying out? You can compare it to the under throws. He dives makes a magnificent catch and gets downed on a play that shouldve been an automatic TD.

2 dropped balls completely his fault but he wouldve had a better chance if he were led and not have to deal with the traffic of hands for an under thrown football.

All the rest were tds left on the field with under throws.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thefranchisedef View Post
    the thing that bothers me isn't tannehills over and under throws, because ben under threw and over threw him plenty. I'ts the fact that alot of these balls could be caught-- with more effort on mike wallaces part. You aren't going to run under every pass and stroll into the endzone. sometimes, you have to lay out or fight for the ball. Most of these balls are catchable!
    ^^^^EXACTLY! Tanne by know means was perfect. Obviously, some of it was on him and some of it was on the O-lines part. But, anyone giving Mr.Wallace a free pass is absolutely BLIND.

Mr.Wallace, seems to expect every single pass to be on the money and plays like it. Thats a CRITICAL MENTAL ERROR on the part of the "#1" receiver.

Every single pass isn't going to be perfect. What are you, Mr.Wallace going to do to make something of the pass?

I understand that Mr.Wallace likely will never be a "Physical" WR, But that receiver coach, at the very least, absolutely needs to get on him about using his "attempts" at catching the ball to generate some "easy" pass interference calls.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    True because Wallace would have easily broke the NFL record for TDs and thats being modest
    So would every WR if the deep ball was completed 100% of the time. He's below average at it no doubt, think we understate how hard it is to get acquainted with a WR with Wallace's speed in just one season.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Painful to watch some of them but it's important for the team to make progress and this is a real issue. I'm still of the view that more of the blame needs to be placed on Tannehill, particularly with the under thrown balls, where Wallace is waiting for them to flutter down.
    There was one miss against Carolina where Ryan over throws Mike. While this miss cost us the game (and probably a playoff spot), it showed that Tannehill really does have the arm strength to throw with considerable velocity, when needed. It was a good throw that almost connected. I am therefore left with the conclusion that with a lot more practice they can improve the deep ball completion percentage.
    The question is whether Tannehill can throw at this velocity consistently and why we didn't see more throws showcasing the cannon in other games?
    The other interesting thing that may be under consideration is the prospect of drafting a second real speed weapon on the team with good route running skills. It would take a high draft pick (and we have a lot of needs) but having two serious deep ball threats would scare the hell out of some Defensive Coordinators.
    Quote Quote