Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill - Wallace Overthrows & Underthrows

1. -71
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan1014
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That's not true but I wont' sit back and let Ryan homers tell me how great he was and how nothing was his fault.

If Ryan played better they easily make the playoffs but they had many more issues than just Ryan.

and again- I am not saying he sucks or won't get better but to see folks absolve him of blame for his mediocre/poor play is comical. he can be a good QB, he wasn't there yet in 2013, at times he was very good but way too inconsistent and was awful w/ the playoffs on the line.
    Hey jabroni, quote one person that said Ryan was at zero fault.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    I think he is coming down from his Finheaven withdrawals

have some appreciation, I won you that title.

but that picture is funny
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Go Fins!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SoFlo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that carolina overthrow and the underthrown pass against NE hurt me the most when re watching. launch it tanney launch it!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post

Look who showed up in a Tannehill thread....
    Reality.

Its a shame that so many around here hate when that happens.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    I see a lot of people harping about all of these great deep throws to Hartline and others. Id love to see the video of these. Ive watched every game and I only recall a couple of them.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzfinzz View Post
    Wow. A lot of excuses for Tannehill. There were a lot of plays where Wallace was Wide Open. Wide Open! Stop it fellas
    You are over simplifying the subject. Congrats
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    It's not about precision passing with the deep balls. It's about putting it in the appropriate catching radius and making sure you're anticipating what the receiver is doing. Tanny does not do that very well when it comes to Wallace. The other thing is Wallace doesn't typically extend well for the ball, but Tannehill was so completely off on most of those throws it wouldn't have mattered.
    No one said that it is about "precision passing" but for some reason you seem to want to under-appreciate the importance of timing and play design. In fact it seems that you want to completely ignore it.

This isnt even a debate. I layed out in perfectly simple terms as to why some of these plays are not putting either player in a position to succeed. You just cant expect a lot of completed passes to Wallace with these kind of plays, it puts unrealistic expectations on the QB. 60 yard bombs are not a high percentage throw and thats why you rarely see it. Sherman was stubborn and archiac when it comes to his skill position players. He plugs and plays with all of them, doesn't adapt and this is what you get.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kizzaboo View Post
    No one said that it is about "precision passing" but for some reason you seem to want to under-appreciate the importance of timing and play design. In fact it seems that you want to completely ignore it.
    I've never ignored it. I've repeatedly mentioned timing and Tanny's is terrible.

This isnt even a debate. I layed out in perfectly simple terms as to why some of these plays are not putting either player in a position to succeed. You just cant expect a lot of completed passes to Wallace with these kind of plays, it puts unrealistic expectations on the QB. 60 yard bombs are not a high percentage throw and thats why you rarely see it. Sherman was stubborn and archiac when it comes to his skill position players. He plugs and plays with all of them, doesn't adapt and this is what you get.
    It is a debate. There were ample plays left on the field, even at a lower clip would've produced points on the board or extended drives instead of a the dejection from another big opportunity blown. Nobody here is expecting a 60% pass completion percentage on bombs. But quite frankly Tanny's completion percentage of anything beyond even 20+ yards was poor this year.

Wallace was doing what Wallace does best .......... beat his man 1 on 1 and burn up field. That's exactly what we got as the season progressed. If you're expecting exotic play design for a man who is a relatively average route runner you're sorely mistaken.
    Last edited by enigmatics; 04-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Reality.

Its a shame that so many around here hate when that happens.
    Reality: It's as Real As you want it to be!

(Too lazy right now to find the quote where you call "The Chronic Postseason Melting Heimlich Maneuver Poster Boy going back to college "a winner." )

Quote Quote  

10. -80
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post

Wallace was doing what Wallace does best .......... beat his man 1 on 1 and burn up field. That's exactly what we got as the season progressed. If you're expecting exotic play design for a man who is a relatively average route runner you're sorely mistaken.
    This is so true and why i'm hoping the improvement really comes on Ryan's end. Wallace was exactly what we thought he was over priced and all. Now it's Ryan's job to take advantage of his strength which is getting behind most secondaries several times a game. When Mike gets that step Ryan must recognise it quickly and no matter what play was called lay it out deep where only Mike has a chance to get to it.
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 04-19-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Quote