Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill - Wallace Overthrows & Underthrows

1. -11
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    So..... Does Wallace plan on fighting for the ball anytime soon or does he expect perfect passes every time?

Don't get me wrong THill needs to tighten up that deep timing and accuracy but ****.

Would it hurt Wallace to put forth some effort on some of those plays?
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    So..... Does Wallace plan on fighting for the ball anytime soon or does he expect perfect passes every time?

Don't get me wrong THill needs to tighten up that deep timing and accuracy but ****.

Would it hurt Wallace to put forth some effort on some of those plays?
    Put Gibson into Wallace's body and half of them would have ended up as receptions.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    That is just sad to watch; very depressing.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    I think one of the issue with the deep ball is everyone one pretty much watches every throw Tannehill makes while they only watch other teams highlights.... Needless to say, the completion % in highlights is pretty god damn high. Anyone saying the deep throw is one of the easiest throw to make is seriously disconnected with the game of football...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    This is one of the main reasons why i honestly cannot stand Wallace playing for the Dolphins.
    1. He has zero football IQ.
    2. Has no heart
    3. Is a body catcher.

If we had a true #1 WR this whole overthrow/underthrow situation would be minimal at best... dont mistaken the lack of effort from Wallace as a major reason why this is so glaring...
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Overdrafted....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    A majority of deep balls are under/over thrown....granted this is Tannehill's weakness and an area he needs to improve, but he completed plenty of nice deep balls to Hartline, Clay and Gibson.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thefranchisedef View Post
    the thing that bothers me isn't tannehills over and under throws, because ben under threw and over threw him plenty. I'ts the fact that alot of these balls could be caught-- with more effort on mike wallaces part. You aren't going to run under every pass and stroll into the endzone. sometimes, you have to lay out or fight for the ball. Most of these balls are catchable!
    COSIGN!!! To much waiting on Wallaces partt!!! Make an effort to come back or go up for the ball.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
    A majority of deep balls are under/over thrown....granted this is Tannehill's weakness and an area he needs to improve, but he completed plenty of nice deep balls to Hartline, Clay and Gibson.
    I agree, you could see it when Hartline got injured against the Jets, Wallace was useless he couldn't get off the line I started to think **** Hartline is the deep threat
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Plenty of us said it at the time and re-viewing just confirms it.... Tannehill is letting it go too late. He needs to drop back, set his feet properly and put it up early for Wallace to go and get. In almost all of those, he slavishly went through his progressions, then had to move around to buy time and when he finally pulled the trigger either:

1) His feet weren't set properly so he didn't get the ball flight he was after
    2) Wallace was already at 60yds plus, making a throw in stride much harder or
    3) The cover had tightened on Wallace's initial separation

Almost all of those throws in the video fall into those categories. Whether Wallace could, woulda, shoulda caught them is Wallace's issue. That doesn't absolve Tannehill of putting up an accurate throw. If you're going to let the play develop like Tannehill does, you need to make the space to get your feet set and you need to be pulling the trigger before you reach the limits of your accuracy. Better still, when the throw is on you trust your receiver more, ignore Philbin's voice in your ear about progressions and ball security, and you put it up there where realistically only Wallace has the chance to haul it in.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes i agree its not an arm stregth issue its an anticipation letting it go sooner problem
    Quote Quote