Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SI.com: Peter King's pre-draft notes and rumors

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    So do you guys think we would take a WR in round one, with all of the receivers we already have on our roster? I think we should get a TE before a WR. Of course projecting that there will be a lot of QB's/WR's taken early, and seeing what actually happens our often two different things. Also Gil Brandt is 80 years old...shouldn' he be hitting the white ball around the golf course?

Also here is Brandt's article on Tom Savage:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...never-heard-of
    Roman - I still prefer going O-line with the first pick but we don't know how bold Hickey is going to be. He may go for a playmaker and take the BPA as he has stated repeatedly. There appears to be more top tier WRs in this Draft class than I can ever recall. The fact that they are having private workouts and have attended the Pro Days suggests that they are doing their homework thoroughly. Marqise Lee is clearly talented but so is Watkins, Beckham, Cooks, etc. I happen to really like Allen Robinson from Penn State. He's expected to go in the 2nd round but any other year - he's seen as a definite 1st round talent. He's big and physical - 6'2", 225 lbs - built more like Brandon Marshall. And having gone through the Penn State difficulties and stuck it out means that he's pretty loyal too. (Don't forget that we have a couple of top Penn State guys in Wake and Odrick on the team).
    Other possibility is that we draft Kelvin Benjamin in 2nd round and turn him into a TE as the seam threat. He's huge. Somebody described him as just a few cheeseburgers away from being a TE now.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All the WR's are a smoke screen. We are going LB at 19. Mosely or Shazier
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    All the WR's are a smoke screen. We are going LB at 19. Mosely or Shazier
    Why are you so certain? If Marqise Lee is the top rated player on our board and Mosely and the best OTs have been taken, you may be surprised.
    Yes, we have greater needs but top playmakers are rare.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could honestly see Miami going wr in round 1 if guys like Lewan and Martin are off the board. Cooks is a difference maker something the Dolphins could still use on offense. Hopefully Wallace and Tannehill get a better connection going, but can you imagine Cooks in the slot? He's a 100 catch guy in that role and his ability with the ball in his hands is special.

This is a passing league and Miami's receivers are decent maybe somewhere in the middle of the NFL pack. Why wouldn't the GM try to improve that position in a draft that is loaded at wide receiver? The Dolphins could get a starting caliber offensive lineman like James from Tennessee in R2.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I mentioned it a while back, but it's not difficult to envision a scenario where Miami's BPA at 19 is a WR. Both Lee and Beckham Jr. are very well suited for our system. I said it in a different thread, but couldn't be upset about Lee at 19. I think he's comfortably one of the 15 best players in the draft. I think Shazier is the most obvious pick at 19, but I don't believe he'll be there.

I don't have any of the CB's rated very close to Lee.
    I have Shazier and Mack rated ahead of Lee, and I have Barr one slot lower than Lee, but of those three, Shazier is the only one who might be there, and he's the only immediate fit.
    Aaron Donald is the only DT I have rated ahead of Lee.
    Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan are the only O-linemen I have rated ahead of Lee.
    I have Ward rated ahead of Lee, and I have Bucannon close.

Again, if Shazier is there, I think it's an easy pick. After that, I'm probably asking myself if I feel better about drafting Lee (if he's available) in the 1st and hoping one of Ward/Bucannon are still there at 50, or Ward/Bucannon at 19 and hope one of the WR's I like is there in the 2nd. I think we can get our combination of RT, OG, and RB somewhere in the 3rd-6th. But I would not bypass Hill at 50 unless we bypass S in RD 1 and Ward/Bucannon are there at 50.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ^ ^ Lee is a very under-rated player for a projected first rounder - people seem to be more in love with Cooks and Beckham for their better speed. Go back to this time last year and many had Lee projected top 10 overall for this draft - if you look at his past season he's been dealing with a knee injury and bad QB play. He runs great routes, has excellent hands and has a knack for yards after the catch. He's also well liked by both his team-mates and coaches (unlike Beckham - who is having said that also a very good talent) and will seemingly have no "prima-donna" issues that plague some WRs. He's going to step in straight away and produce in the NFL.

Every time I look at this WR class I'm amazed at it - some fantastic talents and uber-deep.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sold of shazier at all. He's listed at 235 but during the season he looks closer to 220's, just looks very small and undersized out there, he's is easily pushed around and outmuscled, in coverage theres nothing special, instincts average at best, over pursues quite often IMO, think people are just in love with his highlights tbh.

When he does make a quick read he can look special, but that seems few and far in between IMO.

I'm against drafting any player at any position in the first round if the player is undersized, but especially linebacker. I just don't see how you confidently draft undersized linebackers in the 1st rnd. I don't think he's a big upgrade over Jenkins or Wheeler either, he actually reminds me a lot of Wheeler.

And tbh, I think its completely crazy to out him in the 1st rnd.
    I'd like Lee or Cooks over him in a heartbeat.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'll bet money that shazier is still on the board come pick 19...if miami wants him he'll be there...i wouldn't do it
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'll bet money that shazier is still on the board come pick 19...if miami wants him he'll be there...i wouldn't do it
    Yup. I'm a Shazier stan but he isn't that run-stopping LB we need.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do not want one of the top lbs in this draft, I do not think either is as good as Lee. Everyone on here love Lee, 3 years ago and 2 years ago. This year some injuries and a bad QB and no one wants him. I think we'd be lucky if Lee even makes it to us. The media gets tired of players who have been good for a long time unless their name is Andrew Luck. Lee is a crazy talent. Him and Wallace would be fantastic.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote