Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chris Johnson to Jets

1. -41
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    It was fun while it lasted, guys.
    Right? I wish he would have flat been banned.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Who won the over/under in how long until he couldn't help in coming back?
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love folks that "hate" me that can't stop talking about me.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I love folks that "hate" me that can't stop talking about me.
    I love folks that run to Gangreen and complain about how badly Finheaven treated you like you're entitled to some sort of special treatment. Got news for you buddy, you're just another poster and subject to the same rules everyone else is.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got the under that Vark put up...I think he came back then got banned again.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    we have had an outstanding offseason so far
    Keep telling yourself that

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan1014 View Post
    I love folks that run to Gangreen and complain about how badly Finheaven treated you like you're entitled to some sort of special treatment. Got news for you buddy, you're just another poster and subject to the same rules everyone else is.
    I didn't run anywhere, a follower of mine on here ran over there. He asked me about it.

I never asked to be treated better than anyone but I didn't deserve to be suspended especially the 2nd time which was a complete joke.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Keep telling yourself that
    I know we suck, Miami is #1! it's amazing how we always suck and make bad moves and you guys always make great moves yet we always seem to finish ahead of you.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    some of these comments are comical, you do realize we got great value and he will be a part time player, right? No one expects 2,000 yds but he gives us an explosive playmaker who will be a great check down option for a young QB. we haven't had any real weapons on O the last 2-3 years. The talent has been greatly increased w/o sacrificing tons of cap room. a duo w/ the battering ram Ivory and the explosiveness of Johnson can be dynamic. Ivory pounding away wearing down Ds then the speed of Johnson coming in or vice versa.

another excellent move by Idzik, we have had an outstanding offseason so far and w/ 12 picks in a deep draft it should only get better.

Idzik likes lower cost moves and using the draft, year 1 produced a what looks like a very good draft. if that happens again we can be set up for years to come IF Geno keeps improving. till a ton of work to be done but I love what we have done, I was very critical of Idzik early on and obviously I preferred to keep Mark but he's done a good job at getting value guys in FA and stockpiling picks- now he has to hit on those picks.
    I think signing Johnson was a nice move. I wouldn't call it great value though. I guess it depends on which CJ the Jets are getting. We will see how he feels about being a part time player.

You really think the talent has been greatly increased as of right now? Is Giacomini better than Howard? I don't think so. I know Vick is a better backup than anything the Jets had last year, but you better hope he doesn't win the starting job. I'd probably give Decker an edge over Holmes since Holmes has always been injured the past couple years. But I think a healthy Holmes is more explosive than Decker. CJ over Goodson is an upgrade since Goodson had injury and off the field problems. Who else have they signed that I don't know about? I know they lost Cromartie, and haven't signed a TE to replace Winslow. I know they have a lot of draft picks that they can use to fill a lot of holes, but as of right now, I don't think the talent has been greatly increased.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I think signing Johnson was a nice move. I wouldn't call it great value though. I guess it depends on which CJ the Jets are getting. We will see how he feels about being a part time player.

You really think the talent has been greatly increased as of right now? Is Giacomini better than Howard? I don't think so. I know Vick is a better backup than anything the Jets had last year, but you better hope he doesn't win the starting job. I'd probably give Decker an edge over Holmes since Holmes has always been injured the past couple years. But I think a healthy Holmes is more explosive than Decker. CJ over Goodson is an upgrade since Goodson had injury and off the field problems. Who else have they signed that I don't know about? I know they lost Cromartie, and haven't signed a TE to replace Winslow. I know they have a lot of draft picks that they can use to fill a lot of holes, but as of right now, I don't think the talent has been greatly increased.
    yes I think the talent is significantly better for the QBs.

Decker is better than any WR we have had since 2010/11.
    Giacomini-Howard is probably a wash
    Johnson gives us a really nice duo and let's not forget Powell

holmes hasn't been healthy since 2011 and even at his healthiest w/ Ben he never put up #s like Decker but he did make a million big plays which decker has not. I'd love 2010 Holmes back, unfortunately that guy hasn't been around for years. I am comparing the talent to what we have had the last 2-3 years.

this team still has holes, most notably at corner. I expect a TE, WR, CB and S in the draft or at least 3 of those 4 positions. if we draft well the talent upgrade will be huge, right now it's better.

and don't forget we still have the 2nd most cap room, cap flexibility w/ tons of picks. that's a good way to build a team but still a ton of work to be done.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    yes I think the talent is significantly better for the QBs.

Decker is better than any WR we have had since 2010/11.
    Giacomini-Howard is probably a wash
    Johnson gives us a really nice duo and let's not forget Powell

holmes hasn't been healthy since 2011 and even at his healthiest w/ Ben he never put up #s like Decker but he did make a million big plays which decker has not. I'd love 2010 Holmes back, unfortunately that guy hasn't been around for years. I am comparing the talent to what we have had the last 2-3 years.

this team still has holes, most notably at corner. I expect a TE, WR, CB and S in the draft or at least 3 of those 4 positions. if we draft well the talent upgrade will be huge, right now it's better.

and don't forget we still have the 2nd most cap room, cap flexibility w/ tons of picks. that's a good way to build a team but still a ton of work to be done.
    So basically it is the 2 guys (Decker and CJ) that you think has greatly improved the talent of the team? They could be great for the Jets, but I am not sold on either of them.

Holmes never played with Peyton Manning either. I could be wrong, but I don't think Decker will be putting up nearly the same numbers as he did with Denver.

Having a lot of cap space doesn't mean much when you don't use it. The jets had a lot of opportunities to significantly improve the team, and either chose not to, or really misread the market on several players.

There is still the draft which can fill a lot of holes, but as of right now, I don't think the Jets have significantly improved.
    Quote Quote