Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two Round Mock from NFL & Hickey's Potential Problem

1. -11
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take Landry in the second but would be OK with the LB too. I think we probably need to take o-line in the first, and I get the whole argument that playmakers are much more valuable but some of the same people making that argument also say its playoffs or bust for Philbin, so if you're going to put a one year ultimatum on the coach and maybe even the GM then they would be foolish to not take a nice safe plug and play cornfed that can help out on day one. If they shock us all and don't select at least one cornfed in the first 2 rounds then they've got some big ****ing balls, I'll say that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
    This draft is at least 3 maybe 4 rounds deep with potential starters on the line....
    Shhh... Any O-Lineman outside of the 1st round can't start.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think something that is a definite possibility if a top QB slides is the Fins being able to trade down because of the Cardinals having the #20 pick. Sure they could use help at LB but if one of the top QB's slides to them, they could easily take a QB and let him sit behind Palmer for a year, who will be 35 this season. Then next year when the 2nd year QB is ready to take the reigns the Cardinals could release him with only a $2 million dollar cap hit for 2015 and save $10 million against the cap instead of paying him his $12 million dollar salary.

They are going to need to clear some salary by 2015 because Fitzgerald's cap hit is $23.6 million, with $14.4 million being an automatic cap hit if he is released, Calais Cambell will also have a cap hit of $14.7 million, with a $11 million dollar cap hit if he is released, Patrick Peterson will also need to be resigned as well for more than likely top 5 CB money. That's a ton of coin going out the window for 3 players and having a QB with a relatively low cap hit would be a god send to the Cardinals.

Which is why I think that the Fins sitting at #19 is a perfect spot to trade down with a team who wants a QB but doesn't want to take the chance for the Cards to beat them to the punch.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    * If the draft fell the way Brooks states, Miami gets two solid, high character and productive kids
    I could live with that though prefer Morris (Iowa0 for ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox
    If the draft went this way, I would think long and hard about Shazier at 19 and James at 50....I think Martin goes before the Fins pick. Plus, Martin will be okay at tackle, but a stud inside.
    I fully expect the stealers to go CB or DL. Nobody knows what the Cowboys will do esp Jerruh. I saw a mock where the Rams take Roby at 13; the resulting chaos may allow Martin to drop to 19.

Shazier @ 19 IMO is a bit early. Hopefully, Philly or SF get anxious for Brandin Cooks and trade with Miami. Su'a-Filo & Shazier should both be on the board in the bottom third of round 1
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    I think something that is a definite possibility if a top QB slides is the Fins being able to trade down because of the Cardinals having the #20 pick. Sure they could use help at LB but if one of the top QB's slides to them, they could easily take a QB and let him sit behind Palmer for a year, who will be 35 this season. Then next year when the 2nd year QB is ready to take the reigns the Cardinals could release him with only a $2 million dollar cap hit for 2015 and save $10 million against the cap instead of paying him his $12 million dollar salary.

They are going to need to clear some salary by 2015 because Fitzgerald's cap hit is $23.6 million, with $14.4 million being an automatic cap hit if he is released, Calais Cambell will also have a cap hit of $14.7 million, with a $11 million dollar cap hit if he is released, Patrick Peterson will also need to be resigned as well for more than likely top 5 CB money. That's a ton of coin going out the window for 3 players and having a QB with a relatively low cap hit would be a god send to the Cardinals.

Which is why I think that the Fins sitting at #19 is a perfect spot to trade down with a team who wants a QB but doesn't want to take the chance for the Cards to beat them to the punch.

Personally I'm more concerned with Arizona trading ahead of us to take Martin or whatever top tier OT/OG available.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    I could live with that though prefer Morris (Iowa0 for ILB.

I fully expect the stealers to go CB or DL. Nobody knows what the Cowboys will do esp Jerruh. I saw a mock where the Rams take Roby at 13; the resulting chaos may allow Martin to drop to 19.

Shazier @ 19 IMO is a bit early. Hopefully, Philly or SF get anxious for Brandin Cooks and trade with Miami. Su'a-Filo & Shazier should both be on the board in the bottom third of round 1
    Seen some mocks with Saints trading with Miami for Cooks in order to jump ahead of the Eagles.

Saints get 1st (19)

Miami get 1st (27), 2nd (58)
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 11Dolphins Homer
    I take Martin, Su'a Filo, or Moses at #19. If Martin is gone i would try to trade down to get one of the others if possible. Second round go with either a Guard or Tackle(whichever you don't get in the first) or get Borland if he is still out there at #50. Third round go after the RB they want in West, Freeman, or who ever they are interested in because i only see limited backs going before that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Personally I'm more concerned with Arizona trading ahead of us to take Martin or whatever top tier OT/OG available.
    Definite possibility as well. Which would hopefully force the Fins to pick either a S, LB, TE or WR (based on BPA) if they don't trade down.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Needs more cowbell

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BPA. BPA. BPA. Don't be an Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm with mercman, bpa. You get a player that is the best at his position and it can really change your whole team. You don't pass on a possible superstar at any position to fill a hole unless you already have one at that position. We shall see in a couple weeks I suppose.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote