Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two Round Mock from NFL & Hickey's Potential Problem

1. -31
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I don't think anyone wants that but, IF we go another position at #19, it's looking more and more like we will not get a starter for this year in the 2nd. These a fallback options based on what is now avoidable, and it's not good.

What would you do?
    I wouldn't sit at 19. Either trade up or trade back. Get your man to help solidify that oline. Right now I see alot of decent talent past the top 3 oline prospects. But with recent history this staff and FO must gget this right, this year. Another 50 sacm season is unacceptable.
    In a dream world I trade back and pick up the guard Sua-Filo while hopefully getting an extra 3rd round pick. 2nd round leaves alot there to be had, a luxury pick, IMO. While 2 thirds could help finish the search for oline depth and talent. If Right tackle remains a issue in preseason, you make move to bring someone to fix it.

One way or another I would spend 3 of my top 4 picks on the line.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    I think if Cleveland passes on a QB at 4 they would definitely be a candidate. Trade them #19 for their 25th (or 26th pic, I can't remember) Plus their second round pick. If Cleveland passes on a QB at 4 I'm praying this happens. Question is does Farmer have the balls to pass on not one but possibly two franchise QB's when they could be on their board with the 4th pick. It could be possibly a GM career ending mistake to not select a QB early & have one of them blow up, while the 2nd tier QB candidate totally flops and you set tbe franchise back another 3 -5 years.
    I think this is our best bet. Their 25th and a second would be good

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sevierville,Tn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I also have Zach Martin and Chris Borland going 1-2 in my mock. Hell yeah!!!
    Thought about you Roman as soon as I seen this mock,seems like
    you and Bucky are thinking alike.But we all know on Finheaven who had there mock up first.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHINSfan View Post
    If there is an opportunity to do so; I would like to trade into the latter part of the draft, with a team like the 49rs for example. Doing so will give us a better chance to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd Rnd, and thus increasing our chances to find 2 OL players that can contribute early. I like this scenario specially if Martin is not there when we pick.
    Seriously? You want to trade down to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick given the way the Dolphins screw up their second and third round picks every year? We may have a new GM doing the picking, but it is the same scouting staff feeding him the information about the prospects.

I would rather trade up and guarantee a top notch starting quality offensive tackle or stay put and take BPA than to trade down and screw up the pick.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WellI wouldn't trade pick unless u get above value before our pick. Wait till we see who is there on the clock.
    If Martin or Lewan are still there u take them, Ebron another possibility. If none of those guys are there trade down.
    TAke another lineman early, possible linebacker or corner. Safety if top level guy is there.
    Don't take Wr unless prospect falls too far to pass on.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Seriously? You want to trade down to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick given the way the Dolphins screw up their second and third round picks every year? We may have a new GM doing the picking, but it is the same scouting staff feeding him the information about the prospects.

I would rather trade up and guarantee a top notch starting quality offensive tackle or stay put and take BPA than to trade down and screw up the pick.
    So you would rather trade up and LOSE picks in a deep draft or take BPA at a position we might not even need (ala Jordan so people can moan about it for months) than trade down still pick up a top notch O lineman (Xavier Su'a-Filo ?) AND have extra picks in a deep draft...

I swear dolphin fans walk around with this dreadful, loser mindset. How about we give Hickey a chance to make a single pick before we complain about him potentially screwing up a draft?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. BPA or trade down with Cleveland or SF.
    2. Ja'Wuan James RT regardless. Could perhaps be better than any LT that everyone wants in the 1st at his natural position.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YungRobbin View Post
    How about we give Hickey a chance to make a single pick before we complain about him potentially screwing up a draft?
    Because we're Dolphins fans? Because we have lived through fifteen years of incompetent drafting across multiple GMs, of which Jeff Ireland and his six years of disastrous drafts were the norm? Because we all saw the process under which Hickey was hired, a process where more competent candidates were rejected or voluntarily removed themselves from consideration due to Ross's bromance with Philbin?

I'm sorry, but this franchise doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore from this fan. I'll believe Ross has chosen a competent GM after that GM has given us several stellar draft classes and a few stellar off-seasons of free agency.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With the latest CBA the draft is so unpredictable. I think there have been something like 12 (not 100% sure) day one trades in the last two drafts, so anything goes and as deep as this draft is no telling how it's going to go. If the QB's don't go at the top of the round I look for teams that need a QB to get back into round one and #19 might be where they start looking. Adding that extra year for a round one QB it HUGE for teams both developmentally and financially.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post

LT - Albert
    LG - Z. Martin
    C - Pouncey
    RG - Shelley
    RT - Flemming/James/Mewhort

Garner/Brenner/D. Thomas/Fox

Not bad.
    If that is the o-line for the 2014 season then the o-line will be an utter disaster and just as bad as last year. Aside from the upgrade at LT, the rest of the unit might actually be worse or at best equal to last year.
    Quote Quote