Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elder scrolls online

1. -1
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin

Elder scrolls online

Anyone playing?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Yup been playing the hell out of it. Mmos are my main gaming genre and im having a blast with eso
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    I think the Fallout version of this would be a better alternative IMO.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I swore off MMO's years ago when everything started revolving around instances. Gear and what not i could perhaps understand(though not approve of). But once PVP(which is all i do in these games) become structured and reward based i was done. The final straw was The Old Republic, which being a Mass Effect fanboy i had to try and was thoroughly disappointed by. The only consistent action i could find was those ****ing instanced battlegrounds and you either got on a really good team or a really terrible team with absolutely no in-between. So i decided to stop wasting my time hoping for a return of brutal, unfair, free-for-all beatings(how often do people say those words as a praise?).

So naturally i didnt pay any attention to EOS at all. Then, after seeing Harry and Val praise it, i decided to glance at it out of curiosity. Gear made by players being better then dungeon rewards? Megaservers? Little to no lag? A chunk of the ****ing continent devoted solely to killing people with no queue's or instances or other bull****? You have my attention Elder Scrolls.

I do have some reservations/questions:

1) As ive heard horror stories about the bugs and glitches, did you guys have any problems starting up the game? And were you able to collect your free 30 day trial without hassle?

2) Hows the grind? How long would it take a "casual gamer"(lets say, 2-3 hours of playtime a day, 20 hours a week max) to hit 50?

3) If i play id like to play as a healer, but grinding that way is just brutal in other games. Ive been given to understand at level 15 you gain the ability to basically have 2 different classes. What exactly is the deal with that? Would it be possible to grind using conventional weapons but remain a healer? I do know you can respec your character after you hit 50, but id like to have some experience healing before then.

4) How often is server maintenance and patches? I understand its a new game and there are bugs, but itd be nice to know how quick they got on those things.

I'll probably have other questions later, but id appreciate any information you could all throw my way.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually fall into that casual category myself, although it is pretty easy to play longer than that without realizing it. One of the things I really like is that the armor and weapons aren't class restricted. If you want to be a healer that wears heavy armor and dual wields axes, you can do that. One thing about the crafting is that it does use skill points, but you can pretty much start crafting right off the bat and it's fairly inexpensive. You do have to use skill points to unlock the ability to craft with new materials and you have to actually find books that teach you different racial crafting styles and those are pretty rare. However, if you play and want to use heavy armor and any metal weapons, my main character is a blacksmith and I have all of the base racial styles except Imperial and Dark Elf unlocked. Server maintenance seems to be about once a week fairly early in the morning. There are surprisingly few bugs for a Bethesda associated game as well. I'm only at level 18 with my main character right now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I swore off MMO's years ago when everything started revolving around instances. Gear and what not i could perhaps understand(though not approve of). But once PVP(which is all i do in these games) become structured and reward based i was done. The final straw was The Old Republic, which being a Mass Effect fanboy i had to try and was thoroughly disappointed by. The only consistent action i could find was those ****ing instanced battlegrounds and you either got on a really good team or a really terrible team with absolutely no in-between. So i decided to stop wasting my time hoping for a return of brutal, unfair, free-for-all beatings(how often do people say those words as a praise?).

So naturally i didnt pay any attention to EOS at all. Then, after seeing Harry and Val praise it, i decided to glance at it out of curiosity. Gear made by players being better then dungeon rewards? Megaservers? Little to no lag? A chunk of the ****ing continent devoted solely to killing people with no queue's or instances or other bull****? You have my attention Elder Scrolls.

I do have some reservations/questions:

1) As ive heard horror stories about the bugs and glitches, did you guys have any problems starting up the game? And were you able to collect your free 30 day trial without hassle?

2) Hows the grind? How long would it take a "casual gamer"(lets say, 2-3 hours of playtime a day, 20 hours a week max) to hit 50?

3) If i play id like to play as a healer, but grinding that way is just brutal in other games. Ive been given to understand at level 15 you gain the ability to basically have 2 different classes. What exactly is the deal with that? Would it be possible to grind using conventional weapons but remain a healer? I do know you can respec your character after you hit 50, but id like to have some experience healing before then.

4) How often is server maintenance and patches? I understand its a new game and there are bugs, but itd be nice to know how quick they got on those things.

I'll probably have other questions later, but id appreciate any information you could all throw my way.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I actually fall into that casual category myself, although it is pretty easy to play longer than that without realizing it. One of the things I really like is that the armor and weapons aren't class restricted. If you want to be a healer that wears heavy armor and dual wields axes, you can do that. One thing about the crafting is that it does use skill points, but you can pretty much start crafting right off the bat and it's fairly inexpensive. You do have to use skill points to unlock the ability to craft with new materials and you have to actually find books that teach you different racial crafting styles and those are pretty rare. However, if you play and want to use heavy armor and any metal weapons, my main character is a blacksmith and I have all of the base racial styles except Imperial and Dark Elf unlocked. Server maintenance seems to be about once a week fairly early in the morning. There are surprisingly few bugs for a Bethesda associated game as well. I'm only at level 18 with my main character right now, though.
    The flexibility of the game is absolutely a draw for me. It sounds like people have come up with some crazy characters. That said, im still a bit confused. Once i hit 50 my goal is to end up with light armor, restoration staff, and the focus directed almost completely at healing(or close to the arch-type of a healer in this game). Would i have to spend levels 1-49 like that? Or is it possible to grind with, say, a two handed sword and heavy armor then switch over? Id prefer not to spend all my time slapping monsters to death.

And the lack of bugs makes sense. Most of the really nasty stuff ive heard about has been towards the endgame, or levels that the beta testers didnt necessarily get to. Undoubtedly they will keep polishing it in the coming weeks, so hopefully those who are grinding(like you and Harry and perhaps myself) could keep pace with them and have few problems going forward.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is a respec option and you don't have to wait until the endgame to use it as far as I know. It does cost a decent chunk of gold, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    The flexibility of the game is absolutely a draw for me. It sounds like people have come up with some crazy characters. That said, im still a bit confused. Once i hit 50 my goal is to end up with light armor, restoration staff, and the focus directed almost completely at healing(or close to the arch-type of a healer in this game). Would i have to spend levels 1-49 like that? Or is it possible to grind with, say, a two handed sword and heavy armor then switch over? Id prefer not to spend all my time slapping monsters to death.

And the lack of bugs makes sense. Most of the really nasty stuff ive heard about has been towards the endgame, or levels that the beta testers didnt necessarily get to. Undoubtedly they will keep polishing it in the coming weeks, so hopefully those who are grinding(like you and Harry and perhaps myself) could keep pace with them and have few problems going forward.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Lack of bugs in eso? First ive heard of this. I personally had my progression blocked for four days by one and ive heard of and seen countless others.

Really love the game so far but like most mmo launches its been a a buggy mess at times
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Lack of bugs in eso? First ive heard of this. I personally had my progression blocked for four days by one and ive heard of and seen countless others.

Really love the game so far but like most mmo launches its been a a buggy mess at times
    I just meant that I hadn't encountered a ton of them and it had a lack of bugs for a Bethesda game.
    Quote Quote