Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Pat Devlin?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Thoughts on Pat Devlin?

Devlin is now 26, and entering into his forth year, without ever playing a NFL snap. Philbin loves him but, has never played him.
    This is somewhat confusing for Phans who question Matt Moore's contract, as well as drafting a QB in the mid-late rounds.

I have no idea what to think, as he has played less than Dallas' 2 snaps, and has taken 3 years to do it. This is not an Aaron Rogers deal.

So, what do we do with him this year? Is he worth keeping? Can he replace Moore as a legit backup?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Thoughts on Pat Devlin?
    My thoughts on Pat Devlin are that he's a 3rd string qb and we don't really need to have a thread about him.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    My thoughts on Pat Devlin are that he's a 3rd string qb and we don't really need to have a thread about him.
    Sorry you disagree but, he does affect Moore and the draft, which does make a difference. Mybe you should not have posted to make the thread go away sooner. lol
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I suspect he isn't the answer (at backup) they paid Moore a ton of cash to sit on the bench last year and now they appear to be looking to bring in competition for the 3rd spot. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting cut at some point
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as I've stated before, I would trade/cut Moore, make Devlin the #2 and draft a late round prospect at QB.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Sorry you disagree but, he does affect Moore and the draft, which does make a difference. Mybe you should not have posted to make the thread go away sooner. lol
    You asked for my thoughts, so I gave you my thoughts. Our backup qb situation is the least of my concerns regarding this team. As far as I'm concerned, every starting position, including kicker, punter, a handful of the special teams players, and our long snapper is more important so that would put this somewhere around #30 if I were to make a list. Now if we were a Super Bowl contender, I'd deem it more important since a good backup qb could save a season in the event the starting qb goes down for a while.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think if Tannehill were ever hurt and Devlin was the #2 guy, I think we'd probably be screwed
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    He really didn't take the step I thought he would during training camp and preseason last year. Granted he did get hurt for a little bit which could have been the reason for it.

Here is the thing, I don't see Moore getting cut or traded, so he will likely be the #2 again this season. But Moore is a free agent after this season, so Miami really needs to plan ahead how they want to address the backups to Tannehill in 2015. I think they are doing that by looking at some of these mid round draft prospects. I am now on the fence on whether Devlin can ever become that 2nd string quarterback, I had hopes for it, but I didn't see the improvement I expected last offseason. I think it is possible that if they draft a guy in round 4 or 5 that Devlin could lose his job this season. At the very least, Devlin will face stiff competition this year.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterboy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll think he'll be gone once we draft Aaron Murray.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    He really didn't take the step I thought he would during training camp and preseason last year. Granted he did get hurt for a little bit which could have been the reason for it.

Here is the thing, I don't see Moore getting cut or traded, so he will likely be the #2 again this season. But Moore is a free agent after this season, so Miami really needs to plan ahead how they want to address the backups to Tannehill in 2015. I think they are doing that by looking at some of these mid round draft prospects. I am now on the fence on whether Devlin can ever become that 2nd string quarterback, I had hopes for it, but I didn't see the improvement I expected last offseason. I think it is possible that if they draft a guy in round 4 or 5 that Devlin could lose his job this season. At the very least, Devlin will face stiff competition this year.
    I haven't a clue if he improved or not, as he has never taken a NFL snap. What is Philbin seeing in his praises of the guy?
    Quote Quote