Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Thoughts on Pat Devlin?

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    Who knows? Maybe Devlin keeps the neatest locker Philbin has ever seen.
    LOL, and maybe checks the field for gum wrappers and the like after practice.

Was Devlin ever taken off the practice squad?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan1014
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    It's interesting that Devlin was a top 10 QB in the 2011 draft, per mike mayock.

and yes, devlin has been on the active roster.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    So, what do we do with him this year? Is he worth keeping? Can he replace Moore as a legit backup?
    I have seen enough of Matt Moore to feel that he is pretty expendable. I think we should move Devlin to the #2 spot. I would like to draft South Carolina's Connor Shaw somewhere between round 4-6. I believe he had the fast 40 of QB's at the combine and he can throw the long ball.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I have seen enough of Matt Moore to feel that he is pretty expendable. I think we should move Devlin to the #2 spot. I would like to draft South Carolina's Connor Shaw somewhere between round 4-6. I believe he had the fast 40 of QB's at the combine and he can throw the long ball.

So what has Devlin shown to say he isn't expendable?

You people are going on nothing but blind faith.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Devlin is better than Aaron Corp. that is all. Next up in this ever so important QB #3 battle is Jordan Rogers. Hopefully they bring in a QB with real potential because on the roster as constructed we have 1 drafted QB on the team.
    "Hit Hard, Hit Fast and Hit Often!"
    -Admiral "Bull" Halsey

Most of the all, the single most important criteria we must strive for is to bring impact players at impact positions to impact our seasons so that we can impact the post season!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I dont really get what it is devlin has ever done that makes people conformable with him as the backup. All I see is a guy who comes on and looks very very average against third stringers, has a weak arm and always throws a late int In the endzone

Id genuinely love to hear from one of the people who want him as our backup qb.... just why? Pity?
    I'll be with you in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Okay.

First and foremost, all those of you who are "experts" about Pat Devlin, and enjoy mocking him as though you're QB gurus, I'd like you to watch this:

The moral: You don't know. You don't.

As someone who has watched the guy play...repeatedly..at Delaware, the kid can flat-out play. He does NOT have a huge arm. He's not particularly fast, and is not a nimble runner. Now, that being said, he's very accurate, intelligent, has good mechanics, goes through his reads very quickly, has great pocket awareness, and throws a really nice ball.

In other words, he's a perfect West Coast Offense QB. Why hasn't Devlin taken the backup spot? He simply hasn't had the reps needed to adjust to the speed of the NFL. As such, he's not a "premier" backup, because he hasn't had the experience.

Now, make no mistake, I'm not suggesting he supplant Tannehill. Tannehill's ceiling is off the chart, and in a year or two, we'll know that he's either the guy or he's not. Of course, Moore isn't Tannehill either. Which is why I don't understand what the Fins are doing. In my opinion, the Fins have TWO QB who are perfectly capable backup QB.

Look at it this way: If Tannehill goes down, I don't think Moore will take this team any farther than Devlin will. If the Fins were a Super Bowl contender right now, I could see the justification for a $5mm backup. But they're not.

If Tannehill goes down, then the season is in tremendous trouble. I'd rather have a wild card in Devlin than a QB who has proven that he's not the man as a backup. And I'd certainly rather spend that $5mm somewhere else.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Sorry you disagree but, he does affect Moore and the draft, which does make a difference. Mybe you should not have posted to make the thread go away sooner. lol
    He affects Moore? LOLZ

This is just another veiled "Cut Moore to use the money" thread. Enough with this topic already yeesh.
    Quote Quote