Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Pat Devlin?

1. -21
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Agreed but, it's a very slow time, and thought this may be a bit better than Chad in the CFL, shutting down CJ, and Morris as a possible draft FA pickup for Phans to talk about.
    I get that's it's a slow news period, especially with the draft in May this year, but this isn't an issue that should be or even could be decided before we see everyone perform in preseason.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pocahontas, IA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's a 3rd string QB. That's all I've got. I don't want him as a back up. I'd rather have a developmental project there. I almost hope Philbin thinks he can do something with Jordan Rodgers. Or maybe we draft someone late (Boyd? Franklin? Pachall?) and let him study and get better for a couple years and groom him into a backup.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Hood, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man you guys are hard on Devlin. It's going to take a lot for him to unseat Moore at the 2nd position given Moore's actual game experience and knowledge. For now Devlin is the #3 no more no less. I think they will play him heavy in this preaseason to really evaluate what they have in terms of a potential #2 for 2015 or to create trade buzz if they don't want to keep him around.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-FinFan View Post
    Man you guys are hard on Devlin. It's going to take a lot for him to unseat Moore at the 2nd position given Moore's actual game experience and knowledge. For now Devlin is the #3 no more no less. I think they will play him heavy in this preaseason to really evaluate what they have in terms of a potential #2 for 2015 or to create trade buzz if they don't want to keep him around.
    Hard on a guy who has been in the nfl 3 years and has played as many snaps as I have?

joking aside, about the trade buzz thing? if your talking about devlin you need to see a doctor mate
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Draft a kid to compete with Devlin and Moore, that way we'll get a rookie, with a rookie contract for 4 years. Then cut one of the two vets.
    "I'll read anything Dolphin, even the crap Omar writes"
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Moore being on the roster still shows all u need to know about the staff opinion of Devlin.
    He seems ok to me but if they thought he was good they would drop Moore. Moore has very little chance of bringing any return.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is useless and is a waste of a roster spot...time to draft another late round QB to replace him.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    He is useless and is a waste of a roster spot...time to draft another late round QB to replace him.
    not sure if he is anymore useless than any other third qb. He should know offense so not sure just any late round qb can easily replace him.
    He doesn't hurt our cap.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I do agree that under most circumstances any 3rd qb is a waste of space. If you have a starter that doesn't have recurring injury issues and an experienced/well paid backup then keep a young guy on the PS and add a wr or something

Devlin has been on the roster for 3 years now, what has he contributed? 0 snaps
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I do agree that under most circumstances any 3rd qb is a waste of space. If you have a starter that doesn't have recurring injury issues and an experienced/well paid backup then keep a young guy on the PS and add a wr or something

Devlin has been on the roster for 3 years now, what has he contributed? 0 snaps
    I do think by now he should be ready to backup and if he isn't maybe we should move on
    Quote Quote