Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolando McClain reinstated into NFL

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would give nothing for him. The guy was given the chance of a lifetime and He blew it, not someone else, it is all on him.
    On December 1, 2011, McClain was arrested by Decatur police and charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors, for a shooting incident that occurred the night before.[28][29] On May 17, 2012, McClain was found guilty on all counts, ordered to pay a $500 fine for each charge, totaling $2,000, and sentenced to spend 45 days in jail for each charge, 180 in total. He was freed on bond, and will begin serving his sentence on June 1.[30]

On November 18, 2012, while the case was on appeal, the charges were dismissed by the Judge after the victim decided not to press charges. According to lawyers involved, a financial settlement was reached between McClain and the victim.[31]

On January 8, 2013 McClain was arrested by Decatur Police in Morgan County after an officer pulled him over for a window tint violation. McClain provided the officer with a false name and he was arrested and booked into the Decatur City Jail. McClain bonded out of jail later that day.[32]

On April 21, 2013, McClain was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_McClain
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewmant View Post
    I'd consider it, he honestly cannot be worse than phillip wheeler. He was first round talent just a few years ago that has to count for something?
    by that logic, I offer this: jamarcus russell was first overall talent, how did that go? Wanna give him a go?
    Last edited by uk_dolfan; 04-18-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    McClain is a true "thug".
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    You guys make me nervous...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greenville, MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    by that logic, I offer this: jamarcus russell was first overall talent, how did that go?
    I was going to counter that Jamarcus was picked by the raiders but then i realized so was rolando so I really got nothing
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    I would give nothing for him. The guy was given the chance of a lifetime and He blew it, not someone else, it is all on him.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_McClain
    Give the guy a break! He's been out of trouble for nearly a calendar year!

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    So has hernandez lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hell no.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by illscriptures View Post
    If he is healthy and in football shape I wouldn't mind signing him as depth. He might be better than Phillip Wheeler.
    I think people are forgetting what a run thumper he was at Alabama and his first two years (2010-2011) in the NFL. He is definitely able to diagnose running plays and tackle better than Wheeler. People are also acting like 6th & 7th round picks are a for sure hit. I'd much rather take a chance on a player who has proven he can play in tbe NFL but lost it mentally after the success & money might have gone to his head. You also have to remember that he took a year off, on his own recognizance, to try and get better. He spent that time at Alabama, figuring out what he wanted to do with his life.

Now I agree with those who say the legal problems he had in the past are a reason to say no, but to act like he wouldn't be competition for Wheeler for a bargain price of a low round pick are kidding themselves.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kind of a pointless discussion. With our recent history, this is the last guy we'd ever consider (regardless of talent). I know we need help at LB, but they are not going to stick their neck out that far again.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albany, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm all for second chances and wish him nothing but the best in his life and his NFL comeback, but the Phins should not be the team that is going to give him his chance...if he succeeds or fails somewhere else, I won't lose sleep either way...
    Quote Quote