Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What went wrong: Lamar Miller

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miller is better than Moreno. I don't see any scenario that he isn't our #1
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnics13 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that Moreno rolls into the season opener as the starter.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Blocking. Unless Miller learned something this offseason.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    As much bad rep that the offensive line received last season for giving up a franchise record 58 sacks in just 16 games, they were even worse in holding up blocks for Lamar and Co. That really says a lot, their run protection was excruciatingly horrific last season. The jury is still out on Lamar. With the same offensive line as 2013, Lamar could go out the way David Carr did, lots of pro potential that was all wasted behind historically bad offensive lines. I'm hoping he will take advantage of a RB2 role in Lazor's reportedly run heavy offense behind Moreno, and an upgraded offensive line.
    This is a good point. Our philosophy on offense is to take what the defense gives us and Miller doesn't get as many carries as he would like because our passing game doesn't have enough success vs stacked boxes, which is partially due to Millers own ****ty pass protection. We pass to set up the run so if you're thinking about drafting a Miami RB for fantasy your first question should be how effective do you think our passing game will be. The more effective our passing game is the more effective our running game will be.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnics13 View Post
    Moreno is the more complete back... Miller is a liability also in pass coverage which this regime deems important.
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Dolfan for Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've followed Lamar since Miami Killian. Kid has always gone down on first contact far too often.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The line can't block everyone... He needs to get stronger. Getting tripped up and brought down by an arm of a falling DT is not the greatest thing for an NFL caliber RB to be brought down by. IMP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not the biggest Lamar Miller fan, but I do like the kid. He is a scat back, pure and simple.

Last season he actually performed well. It WAS the OL that held him back, just like it was for Reggio Bush. I have a lot of faith in Benton to make this new OL much better than the one we had last year. Albert isn't a good run blocker, but he is much better than anyone we had at LT last year even at run blocking. On the downs that Shelley Smith plays, he is an excellent run blocker, but he he does broadcast run play when he is on the field. Pouncey should be playing with a chip on his shoulder. I don't know how good our run blocking will be, but it should be improved.

The issue facing Lamar Miller is passing sets. In Lazor's offense the RB is required to pass protect and catch screen passes and short passes all over the field. Neither of these things are currently strengths of Miller, and look tailor made for Moreno. I will b surprised if Miller gets more snaps than Moreno.

What Miller needs to do this offseason is work on pass protection, pass catching, and once the camps srart, route running. If he can become good at these things, he can win the starting spot.

I expect us to draft a RB in round 3 or 4, with guys like Bishop Sankey, Lache Seastrunk and some small school prospects being the most likely target. Hickey will be looking for his next Doug Martin or Ray Rice type guy. Lazor would prefer the next Thurman Thomas or Marshall Faulk. I think we will draft something in between stylistically, but probably not hall of fame caliber ... that would be extremely lucky.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With the predictable offense and bad OL play, I don't think we know what any RB can do on Miami. Hopefully, the new OC mixes it up much better - thus giving the OL a chance to set up for plays. If that happens, then, we can see what we have.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    My dad has always said, like a broken record, if you give Lamar Miller a hole, he's going to break for a big gain. And he does, he's extremely quick on that first burst off the block. The problem is, that hole is hardly there.

Really interested in seeing how things play out. We could have a seriously threatening running game if holes can be made.
    Quote Quote