Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What went wrong: Lamar Miller

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Last year, Moreno ran 283 times and had long runs of 31, and 2 for 25. This was with Peyton clearing the way of defenders, and a better OL. The year before, he ran 148 times and had long runs of 1 for 20.

Last year. Miller ran 177 times and had long runs of 49, 41. and 30. This was with RT and the worst run block team in Miami's history. The year before, he ran 51 times and had long runs of 28. 22, and 19. this was with a rookie QB, very limited WR's, and 8 or 9 in the box.

Who did better?
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Who did better?
    When you include ALL of the stats, not just longest runs, Moreno is better by far.

And this whole idea that Peyton Manning cleared the way for Moreno is proof that people didn't watch many Denver games last year. Moreno was often running the ball against 11 in the box when Denver was up 63-0 in the first half.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    When you include ALL of the stats, not just longest runs, Moreno is better by far.

And this whole idea that Peyton Manning cleared the way for Moreno is proof that people didn't watch many Denver games last year. Moreno was often running the ball against 11 in the box when Denver was up 63-0 in the first half.
    Most of the games Denver played last season were relatively tight in the 1st half, even with the Jaguars.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nothing new.

tat was the knock on him coming out of college. his ONLY "talent" is having a gaping hole in front of him and running real fast through it.

i dont care what this 0-line looks like this year, those massive collegiate holes he had dont happen very often in the nfl. even with good lines!

we'll see. maybe lazor has some role for him in a philly type play or two using his speed, but, i musts say, i read all about the big time speed the guy had coming in to the draft but he is one of those players that doesnt look fast playing. i expected much more. maybe its his lack of moves that causes him to look slower.

obviously, i am no big fan of millers. i didnt like the pic at all when it was made and still dont. our line was bad, no doubt there, but the REAL DEAL rb's dont need a great line in front of them.

and who knows if he will even be here after camp. a draft pic or college f/a could come in and blow him up. all the miller praise could just be keeping the riot down and not getting in to any player moves before the draft. not alienating the player showing they may not be keeping him.

NO ONE knows what a bill lazor offense in the nfl will be so knowing what kind of rb he and philbin want is yet to be determined.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For only being fast and having no moves he didnt look too bad to me...
    longer runs than a lot of NFL RB's.
    only 7 games where he had more than 10 carries...
    avg over 4 in 9 of the games..
    runs of at least 10 yards in 8 of the games..
    also only 1 fumble

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Last year, Moreno ran 283 times and had long runs of 31, and 2 for 25. This was with Peyton clearing the way of defenders, and a better OL. The year before, he ran 148 times and had long runs of 1 for 20.

Last year. Miller ran 177 times and had long runs of 49, 41. and 30. This was with RT and the worst run block team in Miami's history. The year before, he ran 51 times and had long runs of 28. 22, and 19. this was with a rookie QB, very limited WR's, and 8 or 9 in the box.

Who did better?
    Wasn't it the 49 yarder that he fumbled and turned it over just a few yards from the end zone? It seems silly to count that as a positive for him imo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post

All of what stats?

and with all due respect, having Manning behind center with what he was doing last season ABSOLUTELY opens the running game up for anyone. I'm not calling Moreno garbage, but he was severely assisted by the passing threat regardless of how many were in the box......they never stayed there. You can't seriously think teams were playing the run with Thomas, Decker, Welker, and Thomas (Julius) putting up over 300 yds a game. I think he's solid but signing Moreno did not really bolster our running game.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Wasn't it the 49 yarder that he fumbled and turned it over just a few yards from the end zone? It seems silly to count that as a positive for him imo.
    Yeah but he still broke off a 50 yd run. The point I think was just his ability to get that accomplished.

Holding on to the ball is a separate issue. However even that doesn't seem to be a problem for him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the difference maker we picked up for the oline problems is oline coach Beaton. I can't wait to see what he gets accomplished to improve the run game and pass protection aspects.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    simple reason - he just isnt a good player. All he iffers is pace. He is a Change of pace back behind a clear number one and thats all he will ever be.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I cannot agree that last years OL as bad as they were was the worst run blocking unit in Miami's history. The 80's and 90's had some atrocious run blockers, of course they were awesome in pass protection but dam they couldn't drive off the ball and get any push in the run game for ****!

Miller and Moreno should be a solid tandem. I love Millers ability to explode and surely hope he improves his open field vision because he should've had a few more TDs last year that he ****d up and got tackled before the score and once he coughed it up vs the Bungles. Moreno is a gritty back who should be effective in between the tackles, in pass protection and in the receiving game as well.
    "Hit Hard, Hit Fast and Hit Often!"
    -Admiral "Bull" Halsey

Most of the all, the single most important criteria we must strive for is to bring impact players at impact positions to impact our seasons so that we can impact the post season!
    Quote Quote