Rex Ryan? Taking some poetic license (literally) with the classic Elizabeth Barrett Browning sonnet:
“How Do I Not Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways:
1. 1 legitimate winning season (as the 09 Colts starters (not scrubs) who outscored them in game 15 and the playoff game 45-27 rudely emphasized) in 5 seasons
2. No winning seasons in the last 3 seasons
3. Retaining Little Schotty and then enthusiastically hiring The Meatball as his self-described offensive “mini me.” (Yes, hiring Marty Morningwood was a good stroke but the fact that he was hired a day before Itzdick agreed to come aboard as the GM IMO was less coincidence and more a condition stipulated to Woody)
4. Refusing to replace buttfumble despite his abysmal performances.. And then ironically pulling “A Meatball” by getting him injured in the 4th exhibition game last season
5. After being terribly embarrassed by the Martin Incog related black mark, do we really want an out of control buffoon flashing the bird and exploding the “F-bomb” on opposing fans? Do we really want a perverted HC who pimps his wife on alternative lifestyle sites, including shots of her pixelated cooter to attract well hung strange men whose feet he can fondle?
6. Why would we want the HC whose underling, standing not 10 feet away from him in a tight cordon of bozo assistants committed one of the dirtiest coach/opposing player attacks since Woody Hayes? Whether planned, or not, the buck stops with the HC.
7. Do we want an oblivious coach who like Nero was busy fiddling in ‘11 according to a number of veterans including LT while his locker room was imploding?
8. In ‘11, do we want a coach who pulled an even worse “Philbin” on his way to making the postseason by losing not 2 but 3 in a row, including 2 to losing teams (one being us)?
9. Should we want a coach whose mouth embarrassingly consistently writes guarantees that his ass can’t cash?
Should we hire Rex? Absolutely, if we can get him to replace Kevin Coyle should his defense crap the bed this year! After all, he is a glorified DC and always has been.
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."