Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Philbin for Rex ryan

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iwastherein1972 View Post
    Your sense of humor is just as twisted as your head coach. Nothing remotely funny about the thought of having that train wreck of a human being near our organization. Y'all can HAVE him, and enjoy it.
    I don't know why you have such a personal dislike for someone you never met. However, Rex has done an outstanding coaching job with the Jets. So thanks, we are happy to have him! Have a great holiday!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfanatic View Post
    I don't know why you have such a personal dislike for someone you never met. However, Rex has done an outstanding coaching job with the Jets. So thanks, we are happy to have him! Have a great holiday!
    The bar is that low, huh?

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    That would be my worst nightmare, I don't think Philbin is bad but if rex was your coach last year you make the playoffs. I expect to be in the playoffs this year, I expect rex will be here for many years but you never know in this league.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    The bar is that low, huh?
    It's not a matter of a low bar, it's judging Rex as getting the most out of the talent on the field. As the talent improves, I think Idzik is doing a nice job, the bar gets higher.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfanatic View Post
    It's not a matter of a low bar, it's judging Rex as getting the most out of the talent on the field. As the talent improves, I think Idzik is doing a nice job, the bar gets higher.
    rex has done his best coaching the last 2 years, it's hard for most fans to realize this since the records were 6-10 and 8-8 but w/ the healthy talent we had he did a miraculous job. he is one of the best coaches in the game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    rex has done his best coaching the last 2 years, it's hard for most fans to realize this since the records were 6-10 and 8-8 but w/ the healthy talent we had he did a miraculous job. he is one of the best coaches in the game.
    He's obviously not a bad coach. 3 years ago I would have loved to have him as our HC. Now though it's more of a coin flip between he and Philbin in my mind. He was successful with great talent at a lot of key positions despite having terrible QB play. Who knows, maybe at the end of the upcoming season things look different and I'll be begging for a coach like him. Or maybe Philbin leads us to greatness and I'm thankful we don't have Rex. I just don't know. At this point, I'd be grateful for consisntancy in the W column, regardless of who's the HC.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    He's obviously not a bad coach. 3 years ago I would have loved to have him as our HC. Now though it's more of a coin flip between he and Philbin in my mind. He was successful with great talent at a lot of key positions despite having terrible QB play. Who knows, maybe at the end of the upcoming season things look different and I'll be begging for a coach like him. Or maybe Philbin leads us to greatness and I'm thankful we don't have Rex. I just don't know. At this point, I'd be grateful for consisntancy in the W column, regardless of who's the HC.
    the only years he had horrible QB play were the last 2 years and the healthy talent around the QBs was pathetic. I know it's hard to see based on the record but these teams should have been 2-5 win teams, he did a tremendous job.

The talent is building up again, the pressure to win will be high.

as for Philbin, I don't think he is bad but he has to get the job done this year. he has to at least get to postseason.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    That would be my worst nightmare, I don't think Philbin is bad but if rex was your coach last year you make the playoffs. I expect to be in the playoffs this year, I expect rex will be here for many years but you never know in this league.
    Just like you expected Buttfumble to be with the Jets for many many years, right?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan1014 View Post
    Just like you expected Buttfumble to be with the Jets for many many years, right?
    things change, I expected Dan Marino to win a SB too so sometimes expectations aren't met.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    things change, I expected Dan Marino to win a SB too so sometimes expectations aren't met.
    I here you about expectations...I expected the Jets to win more than just 4 AFCE titles in there lifetime too, but it doesnt look like that will happen anytime soon.
    Quote Quote