Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports Buzz: Dolphins bringing in another high-end receiver

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm starting to think that this high pick wr interest is more smokescreen than legit given how much time we are spending in the position prospect wise...
    The Jets draft right before us at #18, and being that they are scouting WRs hard, it may be a smokescreen. I think we will draft one at some point though, maybe not in the first 2 rounds.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would definitely have Beckham in the mix for my pick at 19. He's the second best receiver in the draft if you were fielding a team tomorrow.

I also doubt its a smokescreen. The guys we've been linked to range from pick 19 to our third rounder, so what exactly are we trying to tell the other teams? Genuine interest IMO.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Mosley's there I'm taking him, i think the misi to ilb is a smokescreen and CJ will provide us an instant playmaker at that position as a leader, versatility within our schemes, and intangibles that are higher than Misi's. Allen Robinson in the second wouldn't be that bad of a consolation.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm starting to think that this high pick wr interest is more smokescreen than legit given how much time we are spending in the position prospect wise...
    Maybe. Would love to trade to the end of the first or even the top of the second and pick up a few extra picks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    I would definitely have Beckham in the mix for my pick at 19. He's the second best receiver in the draft if you were fielding a team tomorrow.

I also doubt its a smokescreen. The guys we've been linked to range from pick 19 to our third rounder, so what exactly are we trying to tell the other teams? Genuine interest IMO.
    I have him in the 20s, but he's a great fit. I wouldn't be dancing in the street, but I'd understand both why they like him and the scheme fit. Solid value.

I hope we're not elevating his value because he can return punts/kicks. He's good enough to see the field early as a WR, and he's not Cordarrelle Patterson. If you're set on a 1st RD WR, and you feel you need to upgrade Thigpen, draft the best WR on your board at 19 (if Lee is off the board, Beckham might be the next best scheme fit - outside of Watkins), and draft Dri Archer later. I'd be fine with any of the realistic WR options at 19 - Lee, Beckham Jr, Cooks, Moncrief (might be able to get him in the 2nd) - with the exception of Kelvin Benjamin. I wouldn't draft him in the first two rounds. Of that group, I do prefer Lee, but I think there's a good chance he'll be off the board.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I have him in the 20s, but he's a great fit. I wouldn't be dancing in the street, but I'd understand both why they like him and the scheme fit. Solid value.

I hope we're not elevating his value because he can return punts/kicks. He's good enough to see the field early as a WR, and he's not Cordarrelle Patterson. If you're set on a 1st RD WR, and you feel you need to upgrade Thigpen, draft the best WR on your board at 19 (if Lee is off the board, Beckham might be the next best scheme fit - outside of Watkins), and draft Dri Archer later. I'd be fine with any of the realistic WR options at 19 - Lee, Beckham Jr, Cooks, Moncrief (might be able to get him in the 2nd) - with the exception of Kelvin Benjamin. I wouldn't draft him in the first two rounds. Of that group, I do prefer Lee, but I think there's a good chance he'll be off the board.
    Moncrief seems to be the guy who, due to the depth of the class, is slipping in mocks and stuff like that. I do think Allen Robinson is a slightly better prospect...but not by much at all. Cooks and Moncrief are really close, imo.

Moncrief just has so much upside with his size/speed combo, and the fact that he's not even 21 years old yet. Yea he could be a little more crisp and physical, but again, he's 20 years old. Caught a nice number of balls from bad QBs at Ole Miss, straight-line fast but still sudden into his breaks. I don't think he'll make it out of the first. At least he shouldn't, imo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does anyone remember Ted Ginn JR? We took him at #19 last time we had the 19th pick. Lets go tackle or Linebacker please.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Icvnll View Post
    Does anyone remember Ted Ginn JR? We took him at #19 last time we had the 19th pick. Lets go tackle or Linebacker please.
    Ginn wore #19. We actually drafted that POS at #9.
    Quote Quote