Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BlueFin's First Three Rounds...............

1. -1
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

BlueFin's First Three Rounds...............

I've wavered on this recently, I now believe we can fill our remaining O-line needs after round 1, and I believe there are some playmakers at WR that we may have a shot at that we really need and shouldn't pass up on......So here is my first three round mock:

ROUND ONE: Brandin Cooks WR......This guy would give us the explosive receiver we need in the slot, as I look at the current set of Dolphin receivers I see too many possession types, this guy is a playmaker who scores touchdowns.

Alternate Selection if gone: Odell Beckham...I like him only slightly less than Cooks.

ROUND TWO: Joel Bitonio T/G...........Versatile lineman very similar to Zach Martin.

Alternate Selection if gone: Ju Wuan James RT

ROUND THREE: Billy Turner OT...........Athletic ascending player with lots of potential.

Alternate Selection if gone: If we end up with James in round 2, Dakota Dozier G or Trai Turner G
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, I love Cooks. It's not that I don't like Gibson, but Cooks is just a nightmare to cover. His only weakness that I see is that he's 5-10, but he plays taller and is a tough, durable football player. I would love Cooks, Shazier or Mosley in R1. I also believe Miami can solve it's offensive line issues in the 2nd-4th rounds.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont see a WR in first round. I think it would only happen after a trade down.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who ever really knows what the team is thinking?......All you can do is guess based on the situation of the team.

I do think outside of Wallace there is no spark in our receiving corp, couple that with the rumblings of Wallace and Hartline possibly not being retained long term and I see a real need there.

You have to score more points than this offense averaged last year to succeed.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Any draft that has a wide receiver being taken in one of the first two rounds, I cannot complain too much. I'd be happy with this specific scenario.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    interesting draft i guess gibby would be odd man out...a solid east west slot route runner with size...can't see them moving on given how cheap gibby is and if he's healthy or looks on schedule for the season he's gonna produce...possibly an 8 td slot wr over 16 games for us

damn though cooks is explosive and quick...and cocky as hell...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    interesting draft i guess gibby would be odd man out...a solid east west slot route runner with size...can't see them moving on given how cheap gibby is and if he's healthy or looks on schedule for the season he's gonna produce...possibly an 8 td slot wr over 16 games for us

damn though cooks is explosive and quick...and cocky as hell...
    I know..I'd hate to see him go somewhere else. This offense could be scary with him in it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    i actually like odell a little better but would not complain
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    i actually like odell a little better but would not complain
    It's definitely arguable...I just see a little more quickness in Cooks and love his playmaking ability. I would be happy with either one and I believe this offense needs another "REAL" threat.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think if we draft a WR its to upgrade over Hartline. Philbin's "slot" WR isnt that traditional slot role anyway.
    Quote Quote