Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BlueFin's First Three Rounds...............

1. -11
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    interesting draft i guess gibby would be odd man out...a solid east west slot route runner with size...can't see them moving on given how cheap gibby is and if he's healthy or looks on schedule for the season he's gonna produce...possibly an 8 td slot wr over 16 games for us

damn though cooks is explosive and quick...and cocky as hell...
    I like Gibson...I just don't think he scares anybody. Brandin Cooks is a beast and I think he will tear the NFL up from the slot.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here is a good scouting report on Brandin Cooks with a great highlight reel....This guy is a better prospect coming out than Desean Jackson IMO.

2013....128 RECEPTIONS...16 TOUCHDOWNS RECEIVING FOR 1730 YARDS........217 YARDS RUSHING FOR 2 TOUCHDOWNS......WHAT?

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...couting-report
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cooks is amazing. So much better than Cobb or Tavon. I don't think Bitonio falls that far, but really like James. Don't like any of the 3rd round choices on the oline. HUGE difference between FCS and NFL caliber defensive lineman. Sure, they may have potential, but rarely do players live up to "potential". Potential means you haven't done anything yet.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    i actually like odell a little better but would not complain
    I prefer Beckham too, by a decent margin. Cooks can be shut down, Ekpre-Olomu of Oregon (who is a hell of a corner) had Cooks in his pocket the entire game. His acceleration off the LOS is blinding and his footwork is terrific, but a lot of what he could do in the PAC 12 won't be possible in the NFL. I still see him being a successful receiver, but I see Beckham as being more productive. Cooks does attract massive extra attention, which can't be ignored. He'll pull coverage his way all career.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Cooks but his rating is moving in the wrong direction. He was properly slated a couple of months ago, when he was second tier prior to the onslaught of hype.

As Fin Thirteen posted, I've seen Cooks blanketed and the defender virtually bored. Not great routes. He's a bully receiver who can really take advantage of mismatches, like the weaker Pac 12 opponents and early in the Hawaii Bowl. There's a tremendous disparity in level of Pac 12 coaching. Along with the great ones you've got idiots like Mike Leach and Sonny Dykes. Cooks got to face them back to back. Otherwise there were a couple of games in which I bet against Oregon State and didn't even worry about Cooks.

He's special. Tavon Austin is extra special. The truth has a way of shaking itself out.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like him better than Tavon coming out.......
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Greetings from Portlandia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, OR
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that we should go WR in round 1, and that we don't have to panic about the OL. If Marquis Lee is there, however, he makes the most sense for the future. We'll need a #1 WR when Wallace fizzles out, and this is a rare opportunity to draft one cheap. Before 2013, Lee was a top 3 pick, then fortunately for us, he had a bad year. Cooks or Beckham make sense if Lee is gone. I would trade out of round 2 and draft James in round 3.

RW
    Make your own rules!

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondWeb View Post
    I agree that we should go WR in round 1, and that we don't have to panic about the OL. If Marquis Lee is there, however, he makes the most sense for the future. We'll need a #1 WR when Wallace fizzles out, and this is a rare opportunity to draft one cheap. Before 2013, Lee was a top 3 pick, then fortunately for us, he had a bad year. Cooks or Beckham make sense if Lee is gone. I would trade out of round 2 and draft James in round 3.

RW
    Lee to me was a product of a system...when Barkley was gone his production dropped. Brandin Cooks put up nearly 2000 yards of non-special teams offense and 18 touchdowns in a 11-12 game season...what?.....This kid is special...and when the dust settles and all the draft guru's move on to 2015 with their measurable yada yada yada.....He will be an NFL Star....mark my words.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Lee to me was a product of a system...when Barkley was gone his production dropped. Brandin Cooks put up nearly 2000 yards of non-special teams offense and 18 touchdowns in a 11-12 game season...what?.....This kid is special...and when the dust settles and all the draft guru's move on to 2015 with their measurable yada yada yada.....He will be an NFL Star....mark my words.
    Well, I'm not a measureables guy, to be honest. I'm certainly not saying Cooks won't be a starter on a team. I just believe Beckham will out-produce him over their respective careers. The PAC12 is a great conference to watch. I believe that defensive players who thrive in the PAC12 are well set up for the NFL, having faced heavily offensive-minded teams week-in week-out (albeit facing spread and read-option more than pro-style offense). But the offensive players often have inflated production simply by dint of the comparative lack of emphasis on defense, the standard of some PAC12 teams and the reality for all college teams - there's bound to be a flaky sophomore DB or safety who's a bit at sea and who can be preyed on by a great college receiver. Those guys never make it to the NFL, so the chances of you torching guys all game every game disappears in the pros.

Cooks is a very talented receiver who took full advantage of what he was given on the college fields of the PAC-12. He'll be successful in the NFL but nowhere near the insane levels of production i college. Expecting that would be naive, imo.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one said anything about equalling college numbers.....but theres a slot guy who we traded away who put up huge numbers in New England who didn't have this guys physical skills.

People get too caught up in size versus production....Its why Zach Thomas went in the 5th round.

Other than his size...there is no knocks on this kid, he has elite speed and burst and is tough...and oh yeah...he produces.
    Quote Quote