Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BlueFin's First Three Rounds...............

1. -21
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Beckham I think is better; however I would draft Mosely if hes there. In the 3rd round I would take BPA RB/WR/TE.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Cooks can be shut down, Ekpre-Olomu of Oregon (who is a hell of a corner) had Cooks in his pocket the entire game..
    Yeah your right....he only had 10 catches for 110 yards in that game....what?

Brandin Cooks (Biletnekoff Award Winner).......yeah he really got owned in that one.

I'll take Cooks all day long...he will prove me right.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Yeah your right....he only had 10 catches for 110 yards in that game....what?

Brandin Cooks (Biletnekoff Award Winner).......yeah he really got owned in that one.

I'll take Cooks all day long...he will prove me right.
    All of them on the other corner. Mitchell maybe? Scrub. Exactly my point. Cooks was covered about 50:50 between the two and got nothing from Ekpre-Olomu. Again, he's a good receiver, but these guys stats get inflated against the younger kids and the scrubs in the PAC12
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All of them on the other corner. Mitchell maybe? Scrub. Exactly my point. Cooks was covered about 50:50 between the two and got nothing from Ekpre-Olomu. Again, he's a good receiver, but these guys stats get inflated against the younger kids and the scrubs in the PAC12
    Really?...So I guess Keenan Allen is no good because he was Pac 12....Marquise Lee is no good Pac 12.................

C'mon man....anybody can be schemed and taken out...if so it opens it up for other players.

Not sure where your hate for Cooks comes from?.....but the player produces and does it all...a more dangerous Wes Welker as I see it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who said I hated him? I've said more or less the opposite all along. I just said that Beckham will out-produce him in the NFL and you've taken that opinion very seriously. There's not much more I can or want to say about the guy, so why don't we stick to our respective opinions and call it a day.

You may well be right in the end. That's the beauty of a number of total amateurs like me coming on a site and giving opinions!
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who said I hated him? I've said more or less the opposite all along. I just said that Beckham will out-produce him in the NFL and you've taken that opinion very seriously. There's not much more I can or want to say about the guy, so why don't we stick to our respective opinions and call it a day.

You may well be right in the end. That's the beauty of a number of total amateurs like me coming on a site and giving opinions!
    Just a discussion.....when someone makes the general comment you made about a player that "he can be taken out" it projects a dislike for the player.....because any receiver can be taken out if the defense so chooses, although 10 catches for 110 yards is hardly being taken out in a defensive scheme.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    For some reason changing my original thinking and believe they go WR in round 1 if the one they like the most is there. I know we have other needs but I think the coaching staff realizes we have to be more explosive and score more points on offense. That doesn't mean we neglect the OL after.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also love Cooks at #19. The man can fly and catch the ball while double teamed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't take Cooks at #19. Even if I personally like him, The way the roster stands and the depth of the draft, I feel we have to take a RT round 1.

In addition Philbin seems to prefer the 'bigger' slot receiver and why draft against what the coach wants?

IMO you get better value with Kelvin Benjamin in 2nd or Jarvis Landry in 3rd.

In first I would take one of Martin or Kouandijio
    Identify the 4 positions of strength in the draft, then double up on each........ if possible

Tailor Free Agency accordingly, so that your need is these 4 strengths

2014 draft - RB - WR - OT - OG

1-Carlos Hyde RB Ohio St.
    2-Marcus Martin OG/C USC
    3-Donte Moncrief WR Mississippi
    4-David Yankey OG Stanford
    5-Seantrel Henderson OT Miami
    6-Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill
    7-Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    I wouldn't take Cooks at #19. Even if I personally like him, The way the roster stands and the depth of the draft, I feel we have to take a RT round 1.

In addition Philbin seems to prefer the 'bigger' slot receiver and why draft against what the coach wants?

IMO you get better value with Kelvin Benjamin in 2nd or Jarvis Landry in 3rd.

In first I would take one of Martin or Kouandijio
    Benjamin is not the explosive player Cooks is, and the point is that RT can be filled in rounds 2 & 3.

Our receiving corp is full of possession receivers...we need more playmaking...yards after the catch....touchdowns....explosion!
    Quote Quote