Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew Rosenhaus: Why the Dolphins are looking hard at WRs in this draft

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Drew Rosenhaus: Why the Dolphins are looking hard at WRs in this draft

From WSVN channel 7 south Florida last night 11:30-

Rosenhaus: Miami is spending significant time looking at WRs and bringing them in for visits for one simple reason- it's a great year to draft a WR, a very deep class. That's it, that's why all the interest.

I think that he's right- to what extent the Wallace contract and a desire to upgrade from Hartline and his $6 million a year contract after 2014, who knows. But the 1st 2-3 rounds have plenty of quality WRs to choose from- Lee, Cooks, Bekham, Moncrief, Matthews, Bryant, Benjamin, Adams, Robinson.

I still think that we go OL and WR in the 1st 2 rounds, the question is in what order. And actually, the OL and Wr positions are so deep that my darkhorse would be to squeeze OLB Kyle VAn Noy in at rd 2 if available, then go OL and WR in rds 1 and 3. Depending on the board, take the best WR or OL in rd 1 and then take the other position in rd 3.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been saying this all along. Too good of a receiver class to ignore. I understand "needs", but I also think about the future beyond year 1. And I personally think that the wide receiver position may provide the best value this year, especially at pick #50. Though you will not hear me complain about them grabbing one at #19. I think it'll just depend on how the draft falls.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we all admire Hartline and most of us understand what and who he is as a player. He is very dependable and solid. Nothing spectacular unfortunately. He is a great 3rd receiver who happens to be our 2nd. That's fine. He doesn't suck at it he's just not great at it. Having a 3 receiver set of Wallace, Lee, and Hartline makes me giggle inside. I think Lee might be one of the mot undervalued players in this draft. Only because this draft is so strong is he not being thought of in the Top 5-10. Guy runs great routes, catches the ball, runs away from people, breaks tackles and has been doing it consistently for 3 years. Look at his partner in crime. Woods had a solid year last year with 40 catches and 587 yards receiving with 3 tds. He had some of the worst and inconsistent QB play in the league. Lee is better, imo, way better.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it was a good receiver class in 2013 not as good as this one admittedly and they ignored the hell out of it...i smell smoke...it's that time of the process to be hearing it too
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    it was a good receiver class in 2013 not as good as this one admittedly and they ignored the hell out of it...i smell smoke...it's that time of the process to be hearing it too

I agree but I'm hoping its the double agent smoke screen. Where we want others to think its a smokescreen and then draft one. Value at 19 is going to be at receiver.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    That was Ireland who didn't like drafting skill players early.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    That was Ireland who didn't like drafting skill players early.
    true...if ireland was here you can damn well bet that top pick would be a right tackle...set your watch to it even...still the timing of this wr interest has me wondering
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was screaming for one last year, just as I am this year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    true...if ireland was here you can damn well bet that top pick would be a right tackle...set your watch to it even...still the timing of this wr interest has me wondering
    I agree the timing is weird, but if this is a very deep WR draft and Hickey is true to what he says about drafting BPA over need then there's a really good chance that the BPA at 19 is going to be a WR. I'm starting to believe this is less smoke, and more substance. IMHO WR is definitely on Fins radar.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, but how much does having a different GM mean to all of this?
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote