Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Will 2014 be a better season for Tannehill than 2013

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

124 94.66%
  • no

4 3.05%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

3 2.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will Tannehill have a better season in 2014 than 2013?

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    junc up to his usual baiting ways...
    yep, if someone doesn't say he's the nest Tom Brady(only more athletic!) clearly they are baiting. How about "junc up to his usual FAIR ways"?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    yep, if someone doesn't say he's the nest Tom Brady(only more athletic!) clearly they are baiting. How about "junc up to his usual FAIR ways"?
    How 'bout - You're a troll.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just to amplify on my post#10 specifically on the critical need for the OL stabilizing at the least, and hopefully improving as being the linchpin to Tannehill's success, consider these "no axes to grind" analytics"

It's true that PFF ranked our '13 OL at #14 - but by the same token they ranked Ryan as the #7QB in the league. So if you're gonna dwell on the former, you implicitly are endorsing the latter as well since it's the same methodology. I think realistically, most of us think that both rankings are too unreal, so let's move on.

Advanced NFL Stats
    ranks the Fins '13 OL at 28th overall and 24th at expected pass points added. And an embarrassing 32nd out of 32 in "pass win probability added" which to me means that they were no help at all.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/teamOL.php

Then there's football outsiders which ranks our '13 OL at 28th in run blocking (and we know that a schizoid running attack only helps our opponents' pass defense) and
    30th in pass protection.
    Nuff said but if you want to see how miserable each member of our OL was, here's the link:
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

then you can throw in Yahoo's rank of our OL at 29 (ditto Evan Silva's Rotoworld ranking which looks like the same deal more or less as Yahoo)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2013-of...0237--nfl.html
    but neither of these "organizations" are really known for analytics let alone objectivity.

As a comparison, here's the '12 Fins OL rankings where you can see Tannehill literally learning and moving forward on almost a weekly basis:

PFF #23 - so according to them our OL improved, but then again, according to them Tannehill became a top 7 QB, so make of that what you will. Regardless, this was an interesting and now prescient comment:
    Dud: You spend a high pick on a rookie, then it’s likely at some point you’re going to want to see what you’ve got. Well, the Dolphins got a good long look at Jonathan Martin (-22.0) and they’ll know he’s got a long way to go before he becomes the player they drafted him to be.
    Advanced NFL Stats #6
    Football Outsiders: #21 for run blocking/ #18 for pass protection

Anyone who's watched the games can see that if there's no OL ability to make a pocket, then there's no pocket for the classic passing QB to step into. Simple stuff that's not rocket science.
    Last edited by Vaark; 04-23-2014 at 04:01 PM.

"geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    How 'bout - You're a troll.
    not really but some homers don't like reality. I am always fair, I don't bash for the sake of bashing. I haven't even bashed Ryan but if you don't say he's a young, more athletic Tom Brady() then you are considered bashing him. I think Ryan can be a good QB, he's not there yet though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    not really but some homers don't like reality. I am always fair, I don't bash for the sake of bashing. I haven't even bashed Ryan but if you don't say he's a young, more athletic Tom Brady() then you are considered bashing him. I think Ryan can be a good QB, he's not there yet though.
    This coming from the guy that constantly preached to us that Buttfumble was the next best thing since sliced bread. Classic!
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan1014 View Post
    This coming from the guy that constantly preached to us that Buttfumble was the next best thing since sliced bread. Classic!
    Except I didn't, that was your perception.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just to expand on the OL breakdown causal tentacles precipitating and compounding an array of Tannehill issues in '13

According to ESPN Team Rushing statistics:
    in '13 Miami ranked #26

as compared to in
    '12, Miami ranked #17

Again, with such an extreme backsliding by the OL and running game, coupled with Gibson going down, the unavailablility of Keller who he clicked with in exhibition season, the OC calling and of course the tempest in a teapot distractions, from an offensive standipoint, in some ways it's amazing that RT17 had us in the hunt thru 14 games, regardless of the last 2. And don't get me going about Wheeler and most of the defense!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm not gonna explain my tom brady comments to that dumb ass again...he can take them out of context as much as he wants...i'm not scared when it comes to convictions about players
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm not gonna explain my tom brady comments to that dumb ass again...he can take them out of context as much as he wants...i'm not scared when it comes to convictions about players
    what is there to be sacred of? if you are wrong so what? if you are right so what? it's asinine to compare him to a top 5 QB, again he's a more athletic Bledsoe not a more athletic Brady. he can be a good QB in this league but you try to oversell him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hopefully (would be a welcome change fersure):

LT Branden Albert: I'm here to protect Ryan Tannehill's blind side
    By Chris Perkins and South Florida Sun Sentinel,
    Dolphins offensive tackle Branden Albert was welcomed to South Florida on Tuesday night with a dinner attended by quarterback Ryan Tannehill, center Mike Pouncey, and general manager Dennis Hickey among others. And even though Hickey, whose voice was hoarse from manning the phone during free agency, executed the deal to get Albert in the fold, he said Tannehill was the happiest man at the table. That makes sense. Tannehill was sacked a NFL-worst 58 times last season. Albert, a Pro Bowl selection with Kansas City last season, understands his role on his new team.
    Quote Quote