Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill or Russell Wilson

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bird33 View Post
    russell wilson throws a great deep ball, has incredible pocket awareness and instincts, doesnt turn the ball over and is a winner, in college and the pros. anyone taking tannehill over him is blinded by the aqua and orange. ask anyone neutral and theyd probably laugh at the question.
    I agree. Wilson is also a better decision maker and leader. Think he would be just fine in our offense. I Just don't think Tannehill is a franchise guy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the difference between these two young QBs at this point - other than the super bowl ring, of course - is one needs to have excuses made for him and the other doesnt.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    wilson has it so easy in seattle give me a break. not sayin ryan is great, but he doenst not have the team around him wilson does.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    It isn't as simple as just picking one or the other. You have to compare their teams. Seattle has their **** together whereas Miami never does.
    THIS.

All you people who think Wilson is the better talent, rather than just being on a better team (coaching included) answer me this. If Wilson was drafted to Miami and Tannehill ended up going to Seattle at 13 or whatever it was, do you honestly believe that Wilson would still be a "winner" and would've taken us to a Super Bowl?......btw turning his back to the defense and running out of a pocket to a sideline and sometimes making ridiculous plays does not constitute as "incredible pocket awareness."
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post

Ridiculous.
    No doubt if you offered this same choice to the snake-bitten fans on any of the falcons forums, 90% of them would choose the QB who's actually 4-1 in the playoffs with 2 actual 2nd half come from behind wins instead of their own poster boy for the Heimlich Maneuver who's the reverse 1-4 and mostly disappearing in the 2nd halfs. Considering what Wilson accomplished with his supporting cast, don't you think their minds would boggle thinking what he could have accomplished as a winner with the skilled assets Melty squandered when push came to shove?

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    More importantly - after you said that (I'm assuming you're playing with non-Phins fans) you took full advantage of their shock & laughter to rake in several pots at said poker game, right???

If you failed to do so ... Shame on you.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have Russell Wilson rated as the 37th ranked QB, one slot above buttfumble. Most definitely the worst QB taken in 2012. The pendulum has finally swung back and the NFL is once again a running league. From here on out we need to keep drafting running backs in the first 3 rounds until we find the next Lynch.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need to remember this thread come December later this year lol
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hard to predict how some players will do in different situations.. Some find the right team and the right fit, some are destined for failure from the beginning. But if you're asking me who is the better Quarterback it's Russell Wilson. Don't get me wrong Tannehill is a pretty good QB right now (in the top 12-15 range). But he still has a lot of work to do to get into the top 10. He's gotta go through his progressions faster and get the ball out of his hands quicker. Also needs to protect the football better. Too many picks and fumbles (especially fumbles). The biggest addition to the Dolphins was Bill Lazor. You know how much easier it is to rush the passer when you know it's 100% pass based off of cadence? You can sell out completely and forget any run responsibilities. No doubt about it the talent of the offensive line was pathetic last year, but even the best offensive line in the league would have had their fair share of struggles in Mike Sherman's offense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill is the better all-around QB. He will apply himself and get better in ways wilson won't. wilson is a product of one of the most massive overhype machines ever. I have never seen any one player so overhyped and media-created. It has been as if everything has been handed to him on a silver platter by the media and the league. I totally ignored the sb last year because I despise the guy so much.

I suspect that ireland wanted wilson as another "acorn" and actually was overruled by Ross/Philbin. He would have been EXPOSED here and we would have been set back years. Has ireland gotten that guy you would not be reading my posts on this board, I would have ignored the Dolphins completely.

Tannehill needs to be our QB for a very long time. If we can just get this team cured of its cornfed/defense first fetish we will be good again.
    Quote Quote