Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill or Russell Wilson

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    F/Marry/Kill: Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, RGIII
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Wilson is a very good developing QB, but we haven't seen him on an average team yet. Seattle has A Lot of talent, and better coaches than we do. If Tannehill had his defense generating tons of turnovers all through the season, Marshawn Lynch running up ridiculous numbers, and an offensive coordinator that wants Tannehill to use his legs on bootlegs and mobile plays to get more time to throw, then I think he takes a considerable step up from where he is right now.

Also, Tannehills 1-0 against Wilson and 1-1 against Luck. In my eyes he's very equal to both's potential.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle Clouds View Post
    Everyone always says Wilson had it easy in Seattle, but what about Tannehill playing in a system he has been familiar with for years. He ran the same system in college and the pros, so that would be a clear advantage in my eyes. I would probably take Wilson in the 3rd over Tanny in the 1st if we can turn back the hands of time. Luck would still be my number one choice of a quarterback from that draft. FYI Wilson is also a young QB with a ring, let's not forget his contributions and achievements in his early career. It's people like the OP that fueled guys like Wilson to overcome his size and play hard to earn his stripes.
    Love that Marvel sig man!
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whizafriz View Post
    Also, Tannehills 1-0 against Wilson and 1-1 against Luck. In my eyes he's very equal to both's potential.
    Not sure if you knew this, but the QB's don't compete directly against one another.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by mahmacoat View Post
    F/Marry/Kill: Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, RGIII
    I'll play along. Why not?

F - Tannehill. Becasue that way I could vicariously F his wife thru him.
    Marry - Luck. Boy got paid. The 1st payday of many
    Kill - RGIII. When a horse has a bad leg, you take them out to pasture and do what needs to be done.

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill went to a **** organization, other than that its a fair comparison

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    I'll play along. Why not?

F - Tannehill. Becasue that way I could vicariously F his wife thru him.
    perhaps you could parlay it into a menage-a-trois and then phase Ryan out, totally worth it
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Not sure if you knew this, but the QB's don't compete directly against one another.
    Yet here we are in a thread that directly compares QBs.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is this, year 3? Ask me again in 5 years what people think of Russell Wilson. There was a time Michael Vick was going to be 'the first great athlete-QB' that would break all the stereotypes and records. Nope. Remember how good Culpepper was his first 5 years in the league?

I've said this for a while about these athlete-first, QB-second players....how long will they last? I don't see Wilson becoming Drew Brees in 3 years....so I suspect his window(like Kaepernicks)....is going to be very short...no pun intended.

As to comparing him to Tanny? Jury is still out on Tanny becoming great. But I think if you put Tanny in Seattles offense with that defense and a good O-coordinator....Seattle still wins a SB. Take Wilson and put him behind our oline, and no Lynch and Sherman as his offensive co-ordinator.....I don't think he has Tanny's numbers.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    people people people, we have all been on FH long enough to know that neither is the correct option. The league only has one true "chosen one" at the qb postion. FH has made it clear who the true superstar qb in waiting is:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...4/EASfnO-1.png
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah...he ran the same system in college, and had the same guy calling the plays...remember him? Some nutjob named Sherman? Tanny's development IMHO with Sherman being his mentor is slightly short of miraculous.

2013 Seattle Seahawks
    16 16 257 407 63.1 3,357 8.2 26 9 44 272 101.2 96 539 5.6 1 10 5

2012 Seattle Seahawks
    16 16 252 393 64.1 3,118 7.9 26 10 33 203 100.0 94 489 5.2 4 6 3

TOTAL 509 800 63.6 6,475 8.1 52 19 77 475 100.6 190 1,028 5.4 5 16 8
    2013 Miami Dolphins
    16 16 355 588 60.4 3,913 6.7 24 17 58 399 81.7 40 238 6.0 1 9 5

2012 Miami Dolphins
    16 16 282 484 58.3 3,294 6.8 12 13 35 234 76.1 49 211 4.3 2 9 4

TOTAL 637 1,072 59.4 7,207 6.7 36 30 93 633 79.1 89 449 5.0 3 18 9

And those stats are with a much better team, and Wilson knowing he doesn't need to win games, unlike Tanny. I see NO IMPROVEMENT in Wilson from year one to year two. I think what you see is what you get from Wilson forever...3000 yards and mid-20's touchdowns. I'm not saying this personally against you, I am just so sick and f'n tired of hearing about guys like Griffin and Vick and Newton and Wilson being the guy whose going to be that guy that brings great athleticism and great QB play together to be the next best thing ever. Get outta here with this crap. His comp pct dropped in year 2. about an extra 18 yards a game passing. He fumbles just like Tanny, and he had the 2nd best running game in the league and the best D in the league. When he carries his team to a couple wins a year, come back to me with this crap about how great Wilson is.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Clouds View Post
    Everyone always says Wilson had it easy in Seattle, but what about Tannehill playing in a system he has been familiar with for years. He ran the same system in college and the pros, so that would be a clear advantage in my eyes. I would probably take Wilson in the 3rd over Tanny in the 1st if we can turn back the hands of time. Luck would still be my number one choice of a quarterback from that draft. FYI Wilson is also a young QB with a ring, let's not forget his contributions and achievements in his early career. It's people like the OP that fueled guys like Wilson to overcome his size and play hard to earn his stripes.
    Quote Quote