Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Left Handed or Right Handed or.....

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right Handed

19 57.58%
  • Left Handed

10 30.30%
  • Ambidextrous

3 9.09%
  • Haven't figured it out yet

1 3.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Left or Right Handed?

1. -21
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    A husband asks his wife, "Honey, if I died, would you remarry?"
    "After a considerable period of grieving, I guess I would. We all need companionship."

"If I died and you remarried," the husband asks, "would he live in this house?"
    "We've spent a lot of money getting this house just the way we want it. I'm not going to get rid of my house. I guess he would."

"If I died and you remarried, and he lived in this house," the husband asks, "would he sleep in our bed?"
    "Well, the bed is brand new, and it cost us $2000. It's going to last a long time, so I guess he would."

"If I died and you remarried, and he lived in this house and slept in our bed, would he use my golf clubs?"
    "Oh, no!" the wife replies. "He's left-handed!"
    then obviously more stimulating conversation and fulfilling sex are looming in her future, amirite?

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Albeit a small sampling size, so far the more or less even skew is pretty surprising (but then again, it's obvious that we have an intelligent fan base, eh?)

Personally being the only lefty in the family and one of just a few in my elementary school classes, I was thrilled to stand out and be somewhat unique. As one of those southpaws who write with my wrist coiled to the right/thumb pointing SE (around the horn as my mom used to describe it) I had some early PITA teachers who tried to "cure' me of this affect, but **** em, it didn't work.
    They tried to "cure" my mom too. Didn't work, obviously, but she can write much better with her right hand than I can.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    They tried to "cure" my mom too. Didn't work, obviously, but she can write much better with her right hand than I can.
    They tried the same with my grandfather. He still writes lefty but he can throw, shoot, surf, etc. both ways.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brother Bumpus is asking for clarification is this from 9 to 5 or beer drinking nights? Because it could be both.
    Last edited by Fin Fan in Cali; 04-27-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Among us great lefties are: Michelangelo, Jimi Hendrix, Joan of Arc, Robt DeNiro, Angelino Joli (slurp), Jerry Seinfeld, Pele, Oscar de la Hoya, Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Julius Caesar, both Leno and Letterman.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lefty. Pretty much the only thing I do right handed is play guitar, though to be honest I don't know why all left handers don't play "righty." It gives the more coordinated hand the tougher job. Also I play the piano better with my right hand, though I think that's reflective of the fact most piano players are right handed and the piano itself is sort of a right handed instrument so most compositions require more coordination with the right hand.

Oddly, however, I'm right footed. Always was better kicking soccer balls, footballs and mutha****as with my right foot.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Lefty. Pretty much the only thing I do right handed is play guitar, though to be honest I don't know why all left handers don't play "righty." It gives the more coordinated hand the tougher job. Also I play the piano better with my right hand, though I think that's reflective of the fact most piano players are right handed and the piano itself is sort of a right handed instrument so most compositions require more coordination with the right hand.

Oddly, however, I'm right footed. Always was better kicking soccer balls, footballs and mutha****as with my right foot.
    I would guess based on your post that when you take those so called "brain tests" to determine usage per side you are 50/50.

I am usually in any brain test to determine side almost perfectly 50/50. I am right handed but left footed, have been since a child and it really ****s you up slalom skiing. I would also guess you have to work to have dance rhythm and what I mean is you have to think about the beat and focus to dance.

It made me better in matrial arts to be right handed and left footed, it allowed me to be quicker with a follow up move because the opposite side of my body was always ready for a strike.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I would guess based on your post that when you take those so called "brain tests" to determine usage per side you are 50/50.

I am usually in any brain test to determine side almost perfectly 50/50. I am right handed but left footed, have been since a child and it really ****s you up slalom skiing. I would also guess you have to work to have dance rhythm and what I mean is you have to think about the beat and focus to dance.

It made me better in matrial arts to be right handed and left footed, it allowed me to be quicker with a follow up move because the opposite side of my body was always ready for a strike.
    I've never taken one of those tests but I'm pretty left side dominant for most things. I write left, throw left, bat left, box left, brush my teeth left, "drink" left and play tennis left (with a one handed backhand), etc. I play a few musical instruments but my best is drums and after originally setting up my drums righty I had to relearn to play lefty because I could feel it holding me back. Also I "chop" left, meaning when I cook I wield a knife with my left hand.

On the other hand (so to speak), I eat "continental style" (knife in the right hand), tie my shoes like a righty and put on my belt like a righty. Pretty sure this is because I was taught to do it that way, though. I'm the only lefty on either side of my family, though I've heard rumors about latent lefties who were "retrained" by militant religious school ********s.

Thanks for the thing about dancing. Usually I spend most of my time thinking of reasons not to dance since I'm about as good at it as I am at integral calculus. Now I have this to blame it on, which is nice. Also I was a pretty bad skier that one trip I tried it. Nearly died. No worse than I was at snowboarding, though. I haven't done any martial arts since I was a kid. Used to work out a bit with a heavy bag until I ****ed up my (right) wrist and had to sell it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I ambidextrously jerk off so both.
    Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do.
    Quote Quote