Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet

  1. -1
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,138
    vCash:
    16446
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    The Football thread - the version that actually uses a ball and feet

    This is a most excellent American HandEgg forum, but quite a often in VIP chat a few of us end up talking about proper football (much to the annoyance of hoops)

    The sport seems to be bigger than ever in America these days and I know many yanks online who follow the sport very closely including a few here on FH. I thought I would see just how many on here follow it. I know loads of US based fans of English and Spanish teams but oddly I don't know a single MLS fan... any of you guys support an American team?

    Personally I am a Manchester United fan and also support a team in the local semi-professional league in Northern Ireland - the quality inst great but I enjoy it.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    PHINATIC13's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    5,445
    vCash:
    1342
    Loc:
    Los Angeles,CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rugby...two to one oval ball...
    thanks for the sig like2god





    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,138
    vCash:
    16446
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    even if im talking to myself I cant think of a better way to get this started than this

    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,832
    vCash:
    20519
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    This is a most excellent American HandEgg forum, but quite a often in VIP chat a few of us end up talking about proper football (much to the annoyance of hoops)

    The sport seems to be bigger than ever in America these days and I know many yanks online who follow the sport very closely including a few here on FH. I thought I would see just how many on here follow it. I know loads of US based fans of English and Spanish teams but oddly I don't know a single MLS fan... any of you guys support an American team?

    Personally I am a Manchester United fan and also support a team in the local semi-professional league in Northern Ireland - the quality inst great but I enjoy it.
    I followed Series A for a while after studying abroad there. Going to a Fiorentina match was one of the best sports experiences of my life and I was instantly hooked (I can only imagine what a match at a bigger venue with better teams would be like).

    When I was living in Dallas, I kept up with it and EPL pretty well. We also went to quite a few FC Dallas matches because they were a lot of fun and super cheap. I've also been to a couple of Toronto FC matches, which were awesome. They have a huge following there. Hard to get tickets.

    Unfortunately, it's been hard to keep up recently. Just too much going on in life at the moment. I've gone to see a few matches at a local pub (watched Fiorentina yesterday actually), but really haven't been able to catch up.





    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,473
    vCash:
    3906
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    never really watched much soccer until this year, and i must say, i really enjoy it.

    there are games on pretty much daily here in the u.s, whether its on nbc sports network, fox sports 1 or 2, B E I N, all of these channels pretty much shower soccer daily.

    still deff learning the sport as i dont understand it fully, and learning some of the players, but deff know a lot more than i did a year ago.

    looking forward to watching real madrid at bayern munich tomm
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,138
    vCash:
    16446
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PHINATIC13 View Post
    Rugby...two to one oval ball...
    bloody rugby tries to call itself football as well, so does gaelic here in Ireland - sports really need to stop stealing the word football lol



    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    never really watched much soccer until this year, and i must say, i really enjoy it.

    there are games on pretty much daily here in the u.s, whether its on nbc sports network, fox sports 1 or 2, B E I N, all of these channels pretty much shower soccer daily.

    still deff learning the sport as i dont understand it fully, and learning some of the players, but deff know a lot more than i did a year ago.

    looking forward to watching real madrid at bayern munich tomm
    What teams do you support?

    ironically America is heaven when it comes to getting games on tv. UK TV laws are very strict to help with attendances; for example Saturday 3pm games can never be shown on live tv - ever, under any circumstances. And unlike the NFL you cant get any game for any team, you watch the games that have been picked for tv or nothing. So I watch a lot of US streams to fill in the blanks and I have to say the new network is a huge upgrade over fox who had awful awful awful studio analysts and commentators - it was so bad that I actually used to watch United games on mute whilst watching the streams. Also the new network seems to show every game, even the small teams which is damn impressive
    Last edited by uk_dolfan; 04-28-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,473
    vCash:
    3906
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    bloody rugby tries to call itself football as well, so does gaelic here in Ireland - sports really need to stop stealing the word football lol





    What teams do you support?

    ironically America is heaven when it comes to getting games on tv. UK TV laws are very strict to help with attendances; for example Saturday 3pm games can never be shown on live tv - ever, under any circumstances. And unlike the NFL you cant get any game for any team, you watch the games that have been picked for tv or nothing. So I watch a lot of US streams to fill in the blanks and I have to say the new network is a huge upgrade over fox who had awful awful awful studio analysts and commentators - it was so bad that I actually used to watch United games on mute whilst watching the streams. Also the new network seems to show every game, even the small teams which is damn impressive
    i do not really support any specific team, but i like watching real madrid, barcelona even though hey have been struggling of late, liverpool,
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,138
    vCash:
    16446
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo


    Well that explains why the sport isn't growing faster in America. .... wow that's bad lol
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,138
    vCash:
    16446
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Malcolm Glazer just died... somehow I suspect the family gets more sympathy from bucs fans than United fans

    Hope the leaches sell now
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    dobrasz54's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    1,346
    vCash:
    8823
    Loc:
    Western New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Liverpool FCCap's shield2013 Dolphins LogoXbox LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    even if im talking to myself I cant think of a better way to get this started than this

    Now I get the love with De Gea.... this gif just makes me sad...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 11:21 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 03:30 PM
  3. Football Gameplan's 2011 NFL Mock Draft Video - Version 2
    By FootballCEO in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 11:45 PM
  4. Is Dave Wandstadt the football version of George Bush? smack
    By Chauncey in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 11:28 PM
  5. Is Dave Wandstadt the football version of George Bush?
    By PhinPhan1227 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •